|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What practical item do many of the Confederate soldiers join the army without?
(b) Life insurance.
(c) A birth certificate.
(d) A weapon.
2. What Union noise does Johnston hear in Chapter 1?
(a) A dog.
(b) A drum.
(c) A loud scream.
(d) A bugle.
3. Who writes a letter for Confederate commanders to read to their troops as they march toward battle in Chapter 1?
4. Whose mother dies in childbirth?
5. Why isn't a surprise attack possible for the Confederates in Chapter 1?
(a) They have made too much noise.
(b) The generals talked and planned the battle.
(c) The Union soldiers can see them already.
(d) No one knows where the Union soldiers are.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Palmer know Sherman?
2. What provokes Walter's commander to send him with a message to the general that an attack is imminent?
3. What is Walter's impression of the Confederate territories as he travels through them?
4. What does "Shiloh" mean?
5. What was Grant's family business?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)