|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the word that is unfinished in the letter in Chapter 2?
2. Toward what location is the Confederate Army marching at the beginning of the novel?
(c) Corinth Landing.
(d) Pittsburg Landing.
3. Why does Walter have guard duty at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) It's his normal job.
(b) For fun.
(c) He was promoted to this job.
(d) As punishment.
4. What practical item do many of the Confederate soldiers join the army without?
(a) A birth certificate.
(b) Life insurance.
(d) A weapon.
5. What is Walter's impression of the Confederate territories as he travels through them?
(a) They are lush, fertile territories.
(b) He wants to move there when the war ends.
(c) They are not worth fighting for.
(d) They can be improved with Union funds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Palmer call the Confederate army from the vantage point of a ridge in Chapter 1?
2. According to Walter, how do the Union soldiers spend their days?
3. How does Palmer's father lose an arm?
4. What Union noise does Johnston hear in Chapter 1?
5. What provokes Walter's commander to send him with a message to the general that an attack is imminent?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)