|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sales career did Grant unsuccessfully try while staying out of the family business?
(a) Floral sales.
(b) Funeral insurance sales.
(c) Real estate sales.
(d) Advertising sales.
2. How does Palmer's father lose an arm?
(a) Fighting in Texas.
(b) In a cotton gin.
(d) At the lumber mill.
3. What is the name of the dog with Walter?
4. What finally cheers the Confederate soldiers on their march in the beginning of the novel?
(a) A deer.
5. Who is constantly alerting higher commanders that there are enemy forces in the area?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Johnston's opinion in Chapter 1, what kind of attack would the Confederacy need to make in order to have any chance at all of success?
2. What is the word that is unfinished in the letter in Chapter 2?
3. Where was Palmer when the Confederacy seceded from the Union?
4. What practical item do many of the Confederate soldiers join the army without?
5. According to Walter, who has always had a soft spot for animals?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)