|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toward what location is the Confederate Army marching at the beginning of the novel?
(b) Corinth Landing.
(d) Pittsburg Landing.
2. What Union noise does Johnston hear in Chapter 1?
(a) A bugle.
(b) A dog.
(c) A drum.
(d) A loud scream.
3. How does Palmer know Sherman?
(a) Sherman was once Palmer's preacher.
(b) Sherman is Palmer's uncle.
(c) Sherman was Palmer's military academy instructor.
(d) Sherman fought with Palmer's uncle.
4. What makes the march for the Confederate soldiers at the beginning of the novel so difficult?
(b) The river.
5. Whose mother dies in childbirth?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal do some of the Confederate soldiers in Chapter 1 see and shoot at during their march?
2. How should the Confederate soldiers in Chapter 1 have tested their guns?
3. Who describes the condition of the Confederate soldiers as they march in the beginning of the novel?
4. What does Palmer call the Confederate army from the vantage point of a ridge in Chapter 1?
5. Which general is Palmer's boss?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)