|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the march for the Confederate soldiers at the beginning of the novel so difficult?
(a) The river.
2. What does Luther think about the men he sees lying on the ground?
(a) That they have a crushed skull.
(b) That they have broken arms.
(c) That they have a stitch in their sides.
(d) That they have broken ribs.
3. In Johnston's opinion in Chapter 1, what kind of attack would the Confederacy need to make in order to have any chance at all of success?
(d) Slow and loud.
4. What does Walter do while on guard duty?
(a) Writes a letter.
(b) Plans his attack.
(d) Reads Tom Sawyer.
5. Who describes the burial of Confederate soldiers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What provokes Walter's commander to send him with a message to the general that an attack is imminent?
2. What does Jefferson wear when he takes the others to see the new recruits?
3. What is Walter Fountain's military rank?
4. How does Luther come to understand the attack plan?
5. What Union noise does Johnston hear in Chapter 1?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)