|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Walter Fountain's military rank?
2. According to the letter read to Confederate troops in Chapter 1, who is depending on the soldiers?
(a) The children.
(b) The slaves.
(c) The women of the South.
(d) The Confederate government.
3. Why does Walter have guard duty at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) It's his normal job.
(b) He was promoted to this job.
(c) As punishment.
(d) For fun.
4. What does Walter's commander make the aides and officers do?
(a) Run five laps around the church site.
(b) Train along with the troops.
(c) Eat bugs along the trail.
(d) Exercise each morning.
5. In which Biblical book is Shiloh mentioned?
(d) Second Samuel.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, who is in favor of canceling the Confederate attack?
2. In Chapter 1, who says that the only possibility of success the Confederates have is a surprise attack?
3. According to Walter, how do the Union soldiers spend their days?
4. How does Palmer learn so much about Johnston?
5. Who stopped maneuver practice to take a look at the dog?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)