|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Palmer call the Confederate army from the vantage point of a ridge in Chapter 1?
(a) Large army in motion.
(b) Tiny, marching ants.
(c) A hurricane of horror.
(d) Swimming sea of people.
2. What image does Otto associate with the unnerving sound he describes?
(a) Brainless humans.
(b) Canon detail.
(c) Marching bands.
(d) Dog bite.
3. According to Walter, how do the Union soldiers spend their days?
4. Which cannon near Otto is hit?
(a) The one in front of him.
(b) The one to his left.
(c) The one to his right.
(d) The one behind him.
5. Who assures Walter's commander that there are no Confederates nearer than Corinth?
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon does Luther use in hand to hand combat?
2. What does the Union noise that Johnston hears in Chapter 1 signify?
3. To whom does Walter deliver his commander's message?
4. How does Palmer learn so much about Johnston?
5. How old is Palmer when the book begins?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)