|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has information about the history of the word "Shiloh?"
2. What makes the Confederate soldiers in Chapter 1 begin to question whether their guns work?
(a) Their lack of confidence.
(b) Their own inability.
(c) Their swords have fallen apart.
(d) The rain.
3. What makes the march for the Confederate soldiers at the beginning of the novel so difficult?
(d) The river.
4. Why isn't a surprise attack possible for the Confederates in Chapter 1?
(a) No one knows where the Union soldiers are.
(b) The generals talked and planned the battle.
(c) The Union soldiers can see them already.
(d) They have made too much noise.
5. What do Luther and the other soldiers take from the Union tents as they rush past?
(a) Guns and knives.
(b) Biscuits and other food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dog is with Walter?
2. How should the Confederate soldiers in Chapter 1 have tested their guns?
3. Who writes a letter for Confederate commanders to read to their troops as they march toward battle in Chapter 1?
4. What is Keller's rank?
5. Which general is Palmer's boss?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)