|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Luther and the other soldiers take from the Union tents as they rush past?
(c) Biscuits and other food.
(d) Guns and knives.
2. What speech issue does Luther's commander have?
(a) A lisp.
(b) He doesn't speak English.
(c) He uses sign language.
(d) He stutters.
3. With which regiment does Otto serve?
(a) 63rd Mississippi.
(b) 23rd Ohio.
(c) 63rd Kansas.
(d) 1st Minnesota Battery.
4. What makes it impossible for Luther's troop to stay in formation?
(b) Briars and underbrush.
(c) It's raining too hard to see.
(d) It's too dark to see.
5. What makes the Confederate soldiers in Chapter 1 begin to question whether their guns work?
(a) Their lack of confidence.
(b) Their own inability.
(c) Their swords have fallen apart.
(d) The rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Walter been gone from home?
2. What is wrong with the men that Luther sees lying on the ground?
3. What is the unnerving sound that Otto describes?
4. What image does Otto associate with the unnerving sound he describes?
5. What is part of the daily drills for the Union soldiers?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)