|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Walter been gone from home?
(a) 16 days.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 6 days.
(d) 6 months.
2. What is the "rattle" noise that Walter hears in Chapter 2?
(a) A drum.
(b) Confederate gunfire.
(d) A dog.
3. What provokes Walter's commander to send him with a message to the general that an attack is imminent?
(a) A minor skirmish.
(b) He hears something in the woods.
(c) Seeing Union soldiers on the march.
(d) Dreaming about a skirmish.
4. According to Otto, what do some Union soldiers do as their attacks make little difference on the Confederates?
(a) Load faster.
(b) Walk or run away.
(c) Scream for help.
(d) Work harder.
5. How old was the boy when he left the orphanage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says Union soldiers were happy when Confederates did not charge again?
2. Who is Otto's commander?
3. How were Confederate soldiers buried by the Union?
4. What is Walter Fountain's title in the military?
5. Who is called a coward in Chapter 4?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)