|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Walter's impression of the Confederate territories as he travels through them?
(a) They are lush, fertile territories.
(b) They can be improved with Union funds.
(c) They are not worth fighting for.
(d) He wants to move there when the war ends.
2. What does the last speaker in Chapter 6 say about the deaths of two members of the 23rd Indiana?
(a) That they died as heroes.
(b) That they will be missed.
(c) That they died for nothing.
(d) That they were his best friends.
3. Why does the 23rd Indiana have to march back on the first day of fighting?
(a) For exercise.
(b) For punishment for making too much noise.
(c) For punishment for not being prepared.
(d) To avoid marching directly into the hands of enemy troops.
4. Who, according to his recollection, gave Otto a gift when he joined the army?
(a) His youngest brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His oldest brother.
(d) His mother.
5. Who thought all children came from Boston?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dog is with Walter?
2. How many squad members are actually named in Chapter 6?
3. Who stopped maneuver practice to take a look at the dog?
4. What is Keller's rank?
5. What does Walter do while on guard duty?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)