|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator say she returned to Kentucky in “Residents and Transients”?
(a) Her father passed away and left her his house
(b) Her uncle married a millionaire
(c) To marry her college professor
(d) Her parents were in poor health
2. What is the last name of Bill and Imogene in “The Ocean”?
3. How old is Nancy’s grandmother that’s being put in a nursing home in “Nancy Culpepper”?
4. What are the names of Georgeann and Shelby’s two children in “The Retreat”?
(a) Mike and Jimmy
(b) Tamara and Jason
(c) Peter and Sarah
(d) Mark and Elizabeth
5. What did the man Ruby’s dating try to sell her when they first met in “Third Monday”?
(a) A ring
(b) A coffee table
(c) A stuffed animal
(d) A hunting dog
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours did it take Bill and Imogene to reach Nashville, according to the narrator in the beginning of “The Ocean”?
2. What is Shelby’s last name in “The Retreat”?
3. Where did Waldeen’s ex-husband move after their divorce in “Graveyard Day”?
4. Where did Jack get Grover in “Lying Doggo”?
5. What is the name of the health center Edwin is transporting a group of mentally retarded adults to in order to attend training in “A New-Wave Format”?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Shelby Pickett described when Georgeann began dating him in “The Retreat”?
2. What does Gladys tell Ruby about Buddy at the market when he’s not there in “Third Monday”?
3. How is the U.S.S. Shaw described in “The Ocean”?
4. How did Mary meet her husband in “Residents and Transients”? How are Mary and her husband similar?
5. What does Georgeann’s mother warn her of when Georgeann marries Shelby Pickett in “The Retreat”?
6. How is the interstate highway compared with the ocean in “The Ocean”?
7. What education did Georgeann and Shelby attain in “The Retreat”?
8. How is Linda’s character described in the beginning of “Third Monday”?
9. What is Edwin Creech doing in the opening of “A New-Wave Format”?
10. How much money do Bill and Imogene have with them as they travel in “The Ocean”? Where are they going?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)