|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nancy’s grandmother is said to use only what kind of soap on her dishes in “Nancy Culpepper”?
(a) Dove Soap
(b) Joy Dish Liquid
(c) Palmolive Soap
(d) Lye Soap
2. What is the name of Edwin’s first wife in “A New-Wave Format”?
(d) Lois Ann
3. What surgery has Ruby recently had in “Third Monday”?
(a) A hysterectomy
(b) A double mastectomy
(c) A tonsillectomy
(d) A hip replacement
4. What did the man Ruby’s dating try to sell her when they first met in “Third Monday”?
(a) A hunting dog
(b) A stuffed animal
(c) A ring
(d) A coffee table
5. How old is Sabrina in “A New-Wave Format”?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the narrator know Larry from before she began having an affair with him in “Residents and Transients”?
2. Where did Waldeen’s ex-husband move after their divorce in “Graveyard Day”?
3. How many years does the narrator say she was away “pursuing higher learning” in “Residents and Transients”?
4. How old is Holly in “Graveyard Day”?
5. Why does the narrator say she returned to Kentucky in “Residents and Transients”?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can be interpreted of Joe McClain’s character through his actions in “Graveyard Day”?
2. What does the narrator of “Residents and Transients” reveal in the beginning of the story? Who is the narrator?
3. How is Grover Cleveland described when Jack picked him out as a puppy in “Lying Doggo”?
4. How is Ruby’s relationship with Buddy described in “Third Monday”?
5. How is Georgeann’s senior prom described in “The Retreat”?
6. How much money do Bill and Imogene have with them as they travel in “The Ocean”? Where are they going?
7. Why has Mary agreed to stay in her parents’ house in “Residents and Transients”? How does she feel about this setting?
8. Why does Nancy return to her childhood home in “Nancy Culpepper”?
9. How is Edwin’s character described in “A New-Wave Format”? Who do people think Edwin looks like?
10. How is Sabrina Jones described in “A New-Wave Format”?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)