|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jack get Grover in “Lying Doggo”?
(a) A little kid outside Wal-Mart
(b) A Humane Society shelter
(c) From his dying mother
(d) A small pet store
2. What is the name of Holly’s father in “Graveyard Day”?
(a) Joe Murdock
(b) Robert Cleveland
(c) Jack Walters
(d) Kent Ballard
3. How much money does Bill have in his wallet as he drives to Florida in “The Ocean”?
4. Who are the romantic leads in the play Sabrina’s in, in “A New-Wave Format”?
(a) Paul and Mary
(b) Les and Maria
(c) James and Anne
(d) Jeff and Sue
5. What kind of dog is Grover in “Lying Doggo”?
(b) German Shepherd
(c) Great Dane
(d) Border Collie
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Robert in “Lying Doggo”?
2. Who has taken all the ribbons from the presents and fashioned them into a funny bridal bouquet at the party in “Third Monday”?
3. How many years does the narrator say she was away “pursuing higher learning” in “Residents and Transients”?
4. Nancy and her husband live in a small town an hour’s drive from what city in “Nancy Culpepper”?
5. How old is Edwin in “A New-Wave Format”?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Ruby’s relationship with Buddy described in “Third Monday”?
2. What different depictions of “family” are presented in “Graveyard Day”?
3. How is Edwin’s character described in “A New-Wave Format”? Who do people think Edwin looks like?
4. What education did Georgeann and Shelby attain in “The Retreat”?
5. How is Shelby Pickett described when Georgeann began dating him in “The Retreat”?
6. How are Nancy’s husband and son described in “Nancy Culpepper”?
7. How are Ishmael and its owner described in “The Ocean”?
8. How did Mary meet her husband in “Residents and Transients”? How are Mary and her husband similar?
9. What does Jack say about the people he’s cared about that have died in “Lying Doggo”?
10. What does Georgeann’s mother warn her of when Georgeann marries Shelby Pickett in “The Retreat”?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)