|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What play is Sabrina in rehearsals for at the Western Kentucky Little Theatre in “A New-Wave Format”?
(b) James and the Giant Peach
(c) The Music Man
2. Who does Imogene say “had a hurtin’ like this and come to find out she had kidney disease” in “The Ocean”?
3. How old is Nancy’s grandmother that’s being put in a nursing home in “Nancy Culpepper”?
4. What is Shelby’s last name in “The Retreat”?
5. Where did the narrator know Larry from before she began having an affair with him in “Residents and Transients”?
(a) He is her dentist
(b) He is her family doctor
(c) He is her mailman
(d) He owns a bookstore where she shops
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sabrina think Edwin looks like in “A New-Wave Format”?
2. How many years does Imogene say it’s been since they’ve been in Nashville in “The Ocean”?
3. When Georgeann first knew Shelby in high school, Shelby was on probation for stealing four cases of cola and a ham from where in “The Retreat”?
4. What kind of truck does Larry drive in “Residents and Transients”?
5. What freeway does Imogene ask directions to in Nashville in “The Ocean”?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the interstate highway compared with the ocean in “The Ocean”?
2. What does Jack say about the people he’s cared about that have died in “Lying Doggo”?
3. What does Gladys tell Ruby about Buddy at the market when he’s not there in “Third Monday”?
4. How are Ishmael and its owner described in “The Ocean”?
5. How is the U.S.S. Shaw described in “The Ocean”?
6. What pop culture references are seen in the story “Graveyard Day”?
7. How is Larry described in “Residents and Transients”? How did Mary meet Larry?
8. How did Mary meet her husband in “Residents and Transients”? How are Mary and her husband similar?
9. How is Shelby Pickett described when Georgeann began dating him in “The Retreat”?
10. How is Ruby’s relationship with Buddy described in “Third Monday”?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)