|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Edwin’s first wife in “A New-Wave Format”?
(a) Lois Ann
2. When Georgeann began dating Shelby in high school, she was impressed that he had spent a month studying whose life in “The Retreat”?
(a) Abraham Lincoln's
(b) Winston Churchill's
(c) Franklin D. Roosevelt's
(d) Theodore Roosevelt's
3. What is Edwin’s last name in “A New-Wave Format”?
4. Who are the romantic leads in the play Sabrina’s in, in “A New-Wave Format”?
(a) James and Anne
(b) Paul and Mary
(c) Les and Maria
(d) Jeff and Sue
5. What is the name of the man that Ruby is seeing in “Third Monday”?
6. How much money does Bill have in his wallet as he drives to Florida in “The Ocean”?
7. Where does Shelby take Georgeann to eat on the night of their senior prom in “The Retreat”?
(a) The Wal-Mart snack bar
(c) Kentucky Fried Chicken
(d) Burger King
8. What is the last name of Bill and Imogene in “The Ocean”?
9. What is written on the bakery cake Linda admires in the beginning of “Third Monday”?
(a) Congratulations, Linda
(b) Welcome, Holly
(c) Happy Birthday, Ruby
(d) Welcome Back, Linda
10. What is Nancy’s married name in “Nancy Culpepper”?
(a) Nancy Cleveland
(b) Nancy Turnbow
(c) Nancy Waterford
(d) Nancy Ballard
11. Who brings Ruby her cake and ice cream and makes sure she has a comfortable chair in “Third Monday”?
(a) Betty Lewis
(b) Louise Milsap
(c) Jerry Wilson
(d) Georgeann Smith
12. Where did Ruby meet the man she’s dating in “Third Monday”?
(a) J. C. Penney's
(b) The fairgrounds
13. What kind of truck does Larry drive in “Residents and Transients”?
(a) A blue Ford Ranger
(b) A yellow Jeep Cherokee
(c) A red Mazda convertible
(d) An orange Ford Bronco
14. What surgery has Ruby recently had in “Third Monday”?
(a) A hip replacement
(b) A double mastectomy
(c) A tonsillectomy
(d) A hysterectomy
15. Who did Imogene give away her belongings to before she and Bill set out in “The Ocean”?
(a) Cleo and Kent
(b) Judy, Bob, and Sissy
(c) Carolyn and Louise
(d) Sarah, Bill, and Susan
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Robert in “Lying Doggo”?
2. Who does Sabrina think Edwin looks like in “A New-Wave Format”?
3. Who is the doctor that Shelby tells Georgeann to call in the morning in “The Retreat”?
4. When were Waldeen and Holly’s father divorced in “Graveyard Day”?
5. Of her parents’ farmhouse, the narrator of “Residents and Transients” says, “I love its stateliness, the way it rises up from the fields like a patch of” what?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)