|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings Ruby her cake and ice cream and makes sure she has a comfortable chair in “Third Monday”?
(a) Louise Milsap
(b) Betty Lewis
(c) Jerry Wilson
(d) Georgeann Smith
2. According to the narrator in “The Ocean,” “Bill was an expert driver. He knew every road and cow path and Indian trail” where?
(a) West of the Mississippi
(b) In the Louisiana Purchase
(c) In the Jackson Purchase
(d) East of the Mississippi
3. Who does Imogene say “had a hurtin’ like this and come to find out she had kidney disease” in “The Ocean”?
4. How old is Sabrina in “A New-Wave Format”?
5. What kind of dog is Grover in “Lying Doggo”?
(a) Border Collie
(c) German Shepherd
(d) Great Dane
6. What is Shelby’s last name in “The Retreat”?
7. Where did Jack get Grover in “Lying Doggo”?
(a) A small pet store
(b) A Humane Society shelter
(c) From his dying mother
(d) A little kid outside Wal-Mart
8. Why does the narrator say she returned to Kentucky in “Residents and Transients”?
(a) Her parents were in poor health
(b) To marry her college professor
(c) Her uncle married a millionaire
(d) Her father passed away and left her his house
9. What kind of flowers does Joe regularly take to put on his grandparents’ grave in “Graveyard Day”?
10. What did the man Ruby’s dating try to sell her when they first met in “Third Monday”?
(a) A stuffed animal
(b) A ring
(c) A coffee table
(d) A hunting dog
11. What song keeps going through Nancy’s head while she’s in the hospital after giving birth to Robert in “Lying Doggo”?
(a) In My Adobe Hacienda
(b) Sweet Home Alabama
(c) The Black and Muddy River
(d) Let It Be
12. What is the last name of Bill and Imogene in “The Ocean”?
13. What is Sabrina’s last name in “A New-Wave Format”?
14. What is the last name of Joe, who comes to supper almost every night at Waldeen’s, in “Graveyard Day”?
15. How much money does Bill have in his wallet as he drives to Florida in “The Ocean”?
Short Answer Questions
1. What ship that had been sunk at Pearl Harbor does Bill think about as he tries to sleep in the camper in “The Ocean”?
2. How old is Holly in “Graveyard Day”?
3. When Georgeann first knew Shelby in high school, Shelby was on probation for stealing four cases of cola and a ham from where in “The Retreat”?
4. How old is Joe when he comes to dinner at Waldeen’s in “Graveyard Day”?
5. Where has the narrator’s husband gone away to work in “Residents and Transients”?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)