|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Nancy get married in “Nancy Culpepper”?
2. Who does Sabrina think Edwin looks like in “A New-Wave Format”?
(a) Kirk Douglas
(b) John Travolta
(c) Kevin Spacey
(d) James Dean
3. Where did Nancy get married in “Nancy Culpepper”?
4. Where does Georgeann work in order to help support Shelby as he attends seminary school in “The Retreat”?
(a) Macy's Department Store
(b) Albertson's Grocery Store
(c) J. C. Penney's
(d) Kroger's Grocery Store
5. What is the last name of Joe, who comes to supper almost every night at Waldeen’s, in “Graveyard Day”?
6. Jack says in “Lying Doggo,” “The only people I ever cared about who died were” what?
(a) Rock heroes
(b) His grandparents
(d) His parents
7. Who brings Ruby her cake and ice cream and makes sure she has a comfortable chair in “Third Monday”?
(a) Betty Lewis
(b) Georgeann Smith
(c) Jerry Wilson
(d) Louise Milsap
8. Nancy’s grandmother is said to use only what kind of soap on her dishes in “Nancy Culpepper”?
(a) Dove Soap
(b) Lye Soap
(c) Joy Dish Liquid
(d) Palmolive Soap
9. What band does the narrator say Georgeann put on to try to teach Shelby to dance prior to the prom in “The Retreat”?
(a) The Doors
(b) The Kinks
(c) The Beatles
(d) The Who
10. What kind of dog is Grover in “Lying Doggo”?
(a) Great Dane
(b) Border Collie
(c) German Shepherd
11. Where did Ruby meet the man she’s dating in “Third Monday”?
(a) J. C. Penney's
(c) The fairgrounds
12. How long ago does the narrator say she came back to Kentucky in “Residents and Transients”?
(a) 3 years ago
(b) 5 years ago
(c) 4 years ago
(d) 2 years ago
13. What song keeps going through Nancy’s head while she’s in the hospital after giving birth to Robert in “Lying Doggo”?
(a) Let It Be
(b) In My Adobe Hacienda
(c) Sweet Home Alabama
(d) The Black and Muddy River
14. What kind of toothpaste does Sabrina use in “A New-Wave Format”?
(a) Dr. Johnson's Tooth Rub
(b) Garden Mint
15. In the beginning of “The Retreat,” Georgeann is basting facings on what garment?
(a) A wedding dress
(b) A cheerleader's uniform
(c) A band uniform
(d) A children's choir robe
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the doctor that Shelby tells Georgeann to call in the morning in “The Retreat”?
2. What is the name of Nancy’s husband in “Nancy Culpepper”?
3. How old is Nancy’s son Robert in “Nancy Culpepper”?
4. When Georgeann began dating Shelby in high school, she was impressed that he had spent a month studying whose life in “The Retreat”?
5. What kind of business does Nancy’s husband run in “Nancy Culpepper”?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)