|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mack claim said that “any man who watches more than a hundred and sixty-eight football games in one year ought to be declared legally dead” in “The Rookers”?
(a) Emily Post
(b) Emma Bombeck
(c) Wilson Walters
(d) Sally Struthers
2. What did Sandra’s grandfather die from in “Offerings”?
(a) Lung cancer
(b) Cirrhosis of the liver
(c) Brain cancer
(d) Parkinson's Disease
3. How long ago did Leroy injure his leg in a highway accident in the beginning of “Shiloh”?
(a) 3 years ago
(b) 2 months ago
(c) 4 months ago
(d) 2 weeks ago
4. What is Cleo’s last name in “Old Things”?
5. The narrator says in “Old Things,” “After her husband died, [Cleo] moved to town, to a little brick house with a dishwasher and” what?
(a) Cherry-stained hardwood floors
(b) A yard that needed mowing
(c) Granite countertops in the kitchen
(d) Wall-to-wall carpet
6. The narrator says in “Detroit Skyline, 1949” that when she was young she lived “not far from the U.S. highway that took so many Southerners northward to work in the auto industry just after” what war?
(a) The Korean War
(b) World War I
(c) The Vietnam War
(d) World War II
7. How long ago was Carolyn divorced in “Drawing Names”?
(a) 2 years ago
(b) 10 years ago
(c) 6 years ago
(d) 1 year ago
8. Peggy tells Louise in “Still Life with Watermelon” that what rich collector will buy her pictures of watermelons?
(a) Jack Cleveland
(b) Edwin Creech
(c) Joe Murdock
(d) Herman Priddle
9. How old is Petey described as in “The Climber”?
10. Whose granddaughter in “The Rookers” is said to have an ovary infection?
(a) Boone Cashon's
(b) Sharon Belletieri's
(c) Edda Griffin's
(d) Peggy Wilson's
11. Sandra’s husband is in Louisville working where in “Offerings”?
(a) Piggly Wiggly
(b) J.C. Penney's
12. Leroy tells Norma Jean what reason for why one of her arms is not as hard as the other in the beginning of “Shiloh”?
(a) She’s got too much body fat.
(b) She’s right-handed.
(c) She’s using the wrong weights.
(d) She’s left-handed.
13. How many years does the narrator say Leroy has spent on the road prior to his accident in Shiloh?
(a) 15 years
(b) 4 years
(c) 20 years
(d) 10 years
14. Who is the narrator in “Detroit Skyline, 1949”?
(d) Peggy Jo
15. Louise has lost her job where in “Still Life with Watermelon”?
(b) Billy's Ford Dealership
(d) J. C. Penney's
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Louise’s husband in “Still Life with Watermelon”?
2. How big is the television that the narrator’s uncle shows her in his living room in “Detroit Skyline, 1949”?
3. Kent is planning to drive over for Christmas dinner from where by noon in “Drawing Names”?
4. Who is Louise’s husband with while he’s away in “Still Life with Watermelon”?
5. Who does Carolyn’s dad say had stomach bypass surgery but that “it didn’t work and they had to fix him back like he was” in “Drawing Names”?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)