|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator in “Detroit Skyline, 1949”?
(c) Peggy Jo
2. Who urged Dolores to see a doctor about her condition in “The Climber”?
(a) Louise Milsap
(b) Jerry Wilson
(c) Mary Sue
(d) Dusty Bivens
3. Dolores has an appointment with a gynecologist to see about what, in “The Climber”?
(a) A lump in her breast
(b) A sonogram
(c) An abnormal pap smear
(d) A new birth control option
4. How tall is the tulip tree said to be in “The Climber”?
(a) 30 feet
(b) 70 feet
(c) 100 feet
(d) 80 feet
5. Where is Sandra’s grandmother coming to visit from in “Offerings”?
(b) Little Rock
6. Where does Norma Jean work in "Shiloh"?
(a) Rexall Drugstore
(b) J. C. Penney's
(d) Waffle House
7. Carolyn’s mother tells her they’re having what for Christmas dinner instead of turkey in “Drawing Names”?
(a) Boiled liver
(b) Fried chicken
(c) Chinese takeout
(d) Baked ham
8. What kind of cigarettes does the narrators say her uncle smoked in “Detroit Skyline, 1949”?
(a) Old Golds
9. What did Sandra’s maternal grandmother die from in “Offerings”?
(b) A brain aneurism
(c) Lung cancer
(d) Childbed Fever
10. How many people are expected for Christmas dinner in “Drawing Names”?
11. The narrator of “The Climber” says of the former astronaut that his moon visit lasted how long?
(a) 2 weeks
(b) 5 days
(c) 3 days
(d) 3 weeks
12. What colors are the cheerleader outfits that Cleo is sewing in “Old Things”?
(a) Red and blue
(b) White and yellow
(c) Purple and gold
(d) Red and gray
13. The narrator says in “Detroit Skyline, 1949” that when she was young she lived “not far from the U.S. highway that took so many Southerners northward to work in the auto industry just after” what war?
(a) The Vietnam War
(b) The Korean War
(c) World War II
(d) World War I
14. What is Carolyn’s last name in “Drawing Names”?
15. As Louise progresses in her paintings of watermelons in “Still Life with Watermelon,” she begins varying the backgrounds, “and sometimes now she throws in unusual decorative objects—a few candles, a soap dish,” and what?
(a) A hairdryer
(b) A pair of sewing scissors
(c) A plate of olives
(d) A pair of wire pliers
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator’s brother in “Detroit Skyline, 1949” that is 2 when she visits Detroit with her mother?
2. Sandra’s husband is in Louisville working where in “Offerings”?
3. According to the narrator in “The Rookers,” lately Mack has become obsessed with the weather and likes to compare it to the predictions from where?
4. How many children do Mary Lou and Mack have in “The Rookers”?
5. Who does Mack claim said that “any man who watches more than a hundred and sixty-eight football games in one year ought to be declared legally dead” in “The Rookers”?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)