|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Ocean.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Louise has lost her job where in “Still Life with Watermelon”?
(a) J. C. Penney's
(c) Billy's Ford Dealership
2. What did Mack make for Mary Lou for their twenty-fifth anniversary from scrap pine in “The Rookers”?
(a) A coffee table
(b) A dinner table
(c) A card table
(d) A bookshelf
3. What word does the narrator’s play date pronounce “with two syllables” in “Detroit Skyline, 1949”?
4. What is Leroy’s last name in “Shiloh”?
5. What weight dumbbells does Norma Jean lift to warm up in the beginning of “Shiloh”?
(a) 1 lb.
(b) 3 lb.
(c) 2 lb.
(d) 5 lb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Peggy tells Louise in “Still Life with Watermelon” that what rich collector will buy her pictures of watermelons?
2. Who did Imogene give away her belongings to before she and Bill set out in “The Ocean”?
3. How old does the narrator say she was when her mother took her on a long journey North to see the tall buildings of Detroit in the beginning of “Detroit Skyline, 1949”?
4. In the beginning of “The Retreat,” Georgeann is basting facings on what garment?
5. Kent drives a truck for what company in “Drawing Names”?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)