|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Ocean.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator’s aunt in “Detroit Skyline, 1949” that she and her mother went to visit in Detroit when she was young?
(a) Mozelle Cashon
(b) Louise Milsap
(c) Peggy Wilson
(d) Rita Jean Wiggins
2. The narrator of “The Climber” says of the former astronaut that his moon visit lasted how long?
(a) 5 days
(b) 2 weeks
(c) 3 weeks
(d) 3 days
3. Whose granddaughter in “The Rookers” is said to have an ovary infection?
(a) Edda Griffin's
(b) Boone Cashon's
(c) Sharon Belletieri's
(d) Peggy Wilson's
4. What is Mary Lou’s last name in “The Rookers”?
5. How big is the television that the narrator’s uncle shows her in his living room in “Detroit Skyline, 1949”?
(a) 20 inches
(b) 10 inches
(c) 19 inches
(d) 15 inches
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the initials “R.J.W.” stand for in “Old Things”?
2. How tall is the tulip tree said to be in “The Climber”?
3. How long has it been since Sandra has mown her yard when her grandmother visits in “Offerings”?
4. How many hours did it take Bill and Imogene to reach Nashville, according to the narrator in the beginning of “The Ocean”?
5. Who’s car does Cleo say is “here all the time” in “Old Things”?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)