|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Drawing Names.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kent is planning to drive over for Christmas dinner from where by noon in “Drawing Names”?
(a) Lake Michigan
(b) Lake Huron
(c) Juanita Lake
(d) Kentucky Lake
2. Peggy tells Louise in “Still Life with Watermelon” that what rich collector will buy her pictures of watermelons?
(a) Edwin Creech
(b) Joe Murdock
(c) Herman Priddle
(d) Jack Cleveland
3. Who does Carolyn’s mother say brought the chocolate-covered creams in “Drawing Names”?
(a) Sabrina Jones
(b) Rita Jean Wiggins
(c) Hattie Smoot
(d) Jim Yates
4. What is the name of the narrator’s aunt in “Detroit Skyline, 1949” that she and her mother went to visit in Detroit when she was young?
(a) Mozelle Cashon
(b) Peggy Wilson
(c) Louise Milsap
(d) Rita Jean Wiggins
5. According to the narrator in “The Rookers,” “Mack said old people gave him the creeps, the way they talked about” what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mack make for Mary Lou for their twenty-fifth anniversary from scrap pine in “The Rookers”?
2. When the narrator and her mother departed for Detroit in “Detroit Skyline, 1949,” the narrator’s father told them “Don’t let” what “get you”?
3. What is the name of Sandra’s grandfather that died in “Offerings”?
4. In “Old Things,” Linda believes that it’s awful that Cleo has gotten rid of every reminder of whom?
5. What is the name of Sandra’s estranged husband in “Offerings”?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)