|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Old Things.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rita Jean is worried sick about her cat named what in “Old Things”?
(d) Pretty Tail
2. When Mack refurbished an old church pew into a dinette booth for some neighbors in “The Rookers,” the sanding took days and Mack claimed, “I’m sanding off layers of” what?
3. What is the name of the uncle that the narrator and her mother visit in “Detroit Skyline, 1949”?
(a) Kent Ballard
(b) Boone Cashon
(c) Jim Yates
(d) Bob Turnbow
4. Leroy tells Norma Jean what reason for why one of her arms is not as hard as the other in the beginning of “Shiloh”?
(a) She’s right-handed.
(b) She’s got too much body fat.
(c) She’s using the wrong weights.
(d) She’s left-handed.
5. The first watermelon that Louise painted in “Still Life with Watermelon” looked “like a dark-green basketball floating on” what?
(a) A sea of purple granite
(b) An algae-covered pond
(c) A longing prairie
(d) A diesel-fueled truck
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does the narrator say she was when her mother took her on a long journey North to see the tall buildings of Detroit in the beginning of “Detroit Skyline, 1949”?
2. How old was Sandra’s mother when Sandra’s maternal grandmother died in “Offerings”?
3. Where is Sandra’s grandmother coming to visit from in “Offerings”?
4. What is Peggy’s last name in “Still Life with Watermelon”?
5. Where did Louise’s husband buy a cowboy hat before going away in “Still Life with Watermelon”?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)