|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Old Things.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What newscaster does Cleo watch as she listens to Rita Jean on the phone in the beginning of “Old Things”?
(a) Alex Jones
(b) Barbara Walters
(c) Peter Jennings
(d) Tom Brokaw
2. What did Sandra’s maternal grandmother die from in “Offerings”?
(a) A brain aneurism
(c) Lung cancer
(d) Childbed Fever
3. When Mack refurbished an old church pew into a dinette booth for some neighbors in “The Rookers,” the sanding took days and Mack claimed, “I’m sanding off layers of” what?
4. Peggy tells Louise in “Still Life with Watermelon” that what rich collector will buy her pictures of watermelons?
(a) Edwin Creech
(b) Herman Priddle
(c) Joe Murdock
(d) Jack Cleveland
5. Where does Mary Lou work periodically to help out with the bills in “The Rookers”?
(a) The post office
(b) Bank of America
(c) H & R Block
(d) The local DMV
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mack and Mary Lou’s youngest daughter attend college in “The Rookers”?
2. The narrator of “Offerings” says Sandra “grows vegetables and counts her” what?
3. What is the name of Louise’s husband in “Still Life with Watermelon”?
4. How long ago did Leroy injure his leg in a highway accident in the beginning of “Shiloh”?
5. What word from “Still Life with Watermelon” refers to a horn containing food, drink, etc. in endless supply?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)