|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Old Things.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does the narrator’s play date pronounce “with two syllables” in “Detroit Skyline, 1949”?
2. Sandra’s husband is in Louisville working where in “Offerings”?
(a) Piggly Wiggly
(d) J.C. Penney's
3. What kind of store does the narrator of “Offerings” say Joe Stamper owned and ran?
(a) A candy store
(b) A book store
(c) A shoe store
(d) A coffee shop
4. What is the name of Louise’s husband in “Still Life with Watermelon”?
5. What weight dumbbells does Norma Jean lift to warm up in the beginning of “Shiloh”?
(a) 3 lb.
(b) 1 lb.
(c) 2 lb.
(d) 5 lb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Leroy’s tractor-trailer jackknife, causing his leg injury, in “Shiloh”?
2. According to the narrator in “The Rookers,” “Mack said old people gave him the creeps, the way they talked about” what?
3. In “Old Things,” Linda believes that it’s awful that Cleo has gotten rid of every reminder of whom?
4. Leroy tells Norma Jean what reason for why one of her arms is not as hard as the other in the beginning of “Shiloh”?
5. How many children do Mary Lou and Mack have in “The Rookers”?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)