|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Offerings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sandra’s grandfather die from in “Offerings”?
(a) Brain cancer
(b) Lung cancer
(c) Parkinson's Disease
(d) Cirrhosis of the liver
2. Who is Leroy reminded of as he watches Norma Jean lift weights in the beginning of “Shiloh”?
(b) Mighty Mouse
(c) Marilyn Monroe
(d) Wonder Woman
3. Where is Sandra’s grandmother coming to visit from in “Offerings”?
(c) Little Rock
4. Who is the girl that the narrator’s aunt invites to spend the day with the narrator during her visit in “Detroit Skyline, 1949”?
(a) Betsy Lou
(b) Sabrina Jones
(d) Sharon Belletieri
5. What is Leroy’s last name in “Shiloh”?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of instrument does the narrator say Leroy gave Norma Jean for Christmas in “Shiloh”?
2. Where does Mack and Mary Lou’s youngest daughter attend college in “The Rookers”?
3. What word does the narrator’s play date pronounce “with two syllables” in “Detroit Skyline, 1949”?
4. In what children’s book does the narrator describe a “picture of a child with his guardian angel hovering over him in "Detroit Skyline, 1949"?
5. Who does Mack claim said that “any man who watches more than a hundred and sixty-eight football games in one year ought to be declared legally dead” in “The Rookers”?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)