|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Offerings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mack claim said that “any man who watches more than a hundred and sixty-eight football games in one year ought to be declared legally dead” in “The Rookers”?
(a) Emily Post
(b) Emma Bombeck
(c) Wilson Walters
(d) Sally Struthers
2. What is the name of the narrator’s aunt in “Detroit Skyline, 1949” that she and her mother went to visit in Detroit when she was young?
(a) Peggy Wilson
(b) Mozelle Cashon
(c) Rita Jean Wiggins
(d) Louise Milsap
3. Sandra’s husband is in Louisville working where in “Offerings”?
(b) Piggly Wiggly
(d) J.C. Penney's
4. What is Mary Lou’s last name in “The Rookers”?
5. The narrator says in “Detroit Skyline, 1949” that when she was young she lived “not far from the U.S. highway that took so many Southerners northward to work in the auto industry just after” what war?
(a) World War I
(b) The Vietnam War
(c) World War II
(d) The Korean War
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sandra’s maternal grandmother die from in “Offerings”?
2. Where did Leroy’s tractor-trailer jackknife, causing his leg injury, in “Shiloh”?
3. Who is Leroy reminded of as he watches Norma Jean lift weights in the beginning of “Shiloh”?
4. How old was Sandra’s mother when Sandra’s maternal grandmother died in “Offerings”?
5. How old does the narrator say she was when her mother took her on a long journey North to see the tall buildings of Detroit in the beginning of “Detroit Skyline, 1949”?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)