|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detroit Skyline, 1949.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary Lou’s last name in “The Rookers”?
2. Leroy tells Norma Jean what reason for why one of her arms is not as hard as the other in the beginning of “Shiloh”?
(a) She’s left-handed.
(b) She’s right-handed.
(c) She’s got too much body fat.
(d) She’s using the wrong weights.
3. What kind of cigarettes does the narrators say her uncle smoked in “Detroit Skyline, 1949”?
(a) Old Golds
4. When the narrator and her mother departed for Detroit in “Detroit Skyline, 1949,” the narrator’s father told them “Don’t let” what “get you”?
(a) The Irish
(b) The Polacks
(c) The police
(d) The train conductors
5. What is the name of the narrator’s brother in “Detroit Skyline, 1949” that is 2 when she visits Detroit with her mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mack claim said that “any man who watches more than a hundred and sixty-eight football games in one year ought to be declared legally dead” in “The Rookers”?
2. Who is Leroy reminded of as he watches Norma Jean lift weights in the beginning of “Shiloh”?
3. What kind of instrument does the narrator say Leroy gave Norma Jean for Christmas in “Shiloh”?
4. How big is the television that the narrator’s uncle shows her in his living room in “Detroit Skyline, 1949”?
5. In what children’s book does the narrator describe a “picture of a child with his guardian angel hovering over him in "Detroit Skyline, 1949"?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)