|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detroit Skyline, 1949.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator in “The Rookers,” lately Mack has become obsessed with the weather and likes to compare it to the predictions from where?
(a) The nightly news weather forecast
(b) The newspaper forecast
(c) His astrological charts
(d) The Old Farmer's Almanac
2. What is the name of the narrator’s brother in “Detroit Skyline, 1949” that is 2 when she visits Detroit with her mother?
3. Who does Mack claim said that “any man who watches more than a hundred and sixty-eight football games in one year ought to be declared legally dead” in “The Rookers”?
(a) Emma Bombeck
(b) Emily Post
(c) Wilson Walters
(d) Sally Struthers
4. Who is Leroy reminded of as he watches Norma Jean lift weights in the beginning of “Shiloh”?
(a) Wonder Woman
(b) Marilyn Monroe
(d) Mighty Mouse
5. In what children’s book does the narrator describe a “picture of a child with his guardian angel hovering over him in "Detroit Skyline, 1949"?
(a) Aesop's Fairy Tales
(b) Uncle Arthur's Bedtime Stories
(c) The Curious Rabbit
(d) The Princess and the Pea
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mack make for Mary Lou for their twenty-fifth anniversary from scrap pine in “The Rookers”?
2. The narrator says in “Detroit Skyline, 1949” that when she was young she lived “not far from the U.S. highway that took so many Southerners northward to work in the auto industry just after” what war?
3. Who is the girl that the narrator’s aunt invites to spend the day with the narrator during her visit in “Detroit Skyline, 1949”?
4. What word does the narrator’s play date pronounce “with two syllables” in “Detroit Skyline, 1949”?
5. Who is the narrator in “Detroit Skyline, 1949”?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)