|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detroit Skyline, 1949.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the teenager that Leroy buys weed from in “Shiloh”?
(a) Petey Crittendon
(b) Stevie Hamilton
(c) Joe Walters
(d) Jim Yates
2. What is the name of the narrator’s brother in “Detroit Skyline, 1949” that is 2 when she visits Detroit with her mother?
3. In what children’s book does the narrator describe a “picture of a child with his guardian angel hovering over him in "Detroit Skyline, 1949"?
(a) Aesop's Fairy Tales
(b) The Princess and the Pea
(c) Uncle Arthur's Bedtime Stories
(d) The Curious Rabbit
4. How many children do Mary Lou and Mack have in “The Rookers”?
5. Whose granddaughter in “The Rookers” is said to have an ovary infection?
(a) Boone Cashon's
(b) Peggy Wilson's
(c) Sharon Belletieri's
(d) Edda Griffin's
Short Answer Questions
1. What weight dumbbells does Norma Jean lift to warm up in the beginning of “Shiloh”?
2. What did Mack make for Mary Lou for their twenty-fifth anniversary from scrap pine in “The Rookers”?
3. What word does the narrator’s play date pronounce “with two syllables” in “Detroit Skyline, 1949”?
4. What kind of cigarettes does the narrators say her uncle smoked in “Detroit Skyline, 1949”?
5. Where did Leroy’s tractor-trailer jackknife, causing his leg injury, in “Shiloh”?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)