|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Still Life with Watermelon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator’s brother in “Detroit Skyline, 1949” that is 2 when she visits Detroit with her mother?
2. What is Leroy’s last name in “Shiloh”?
3. As Louise progresses in her paintings of watermelons in “Still Life with Watermelon,” she begins varying the backgrounds, “and sometimes now she throws in unusual decorative objects—a few candles, a soap dish,” and what?
(a) A plate of olives
(b) A pair of wire pliers
(c) A pair of sewing scissors
(d) A hairdryer
4. Who does Mack claim said that “any man who watches more than a hundred and sixty-eight football games in one year ought to be declared legally dead” in “The Rookers”?
(a) Sally Struthers
(b) Wilson Walters
(c) Emily Post
(d) Emma Bombeck
5. How many children do Mary Lou and Mack have in “The Rookers”?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mary Lou work periodically to help out with the bills in “The Rookers”?
2. How old was Sandra’s mother when Sandra’s maternal grandmother died in “Offerings”?
3. What was the name of Leroy and Norma Jean’s baby that died in “Shiloh”?
4. The narrator says in the beginning of “Offerings” that Sandra’s maternal grandmother died at what age?
5. What is Mary Lou’s last name in “The Rookers”?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)