|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Still Life with Watermelon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sandra’s grandmother coming to visit from in “Offerings”?
(d) Little Rock
2. What is the name of the uncle that the narrator and her mother visit in “Detroit Skyline, 1949”?
(a) Bob Turnbow
(b) Jim Yates
(c) Boone Cashon
(d) Kent Ballard
3. Where do Leroy and Norma Jean live in “Shiloh”?
4. Who does Mack claim said that “any man who watches more than a hundred and sixty-eight football games in one year ought to be declared legally dead” in “The Rookers”?
(a) Emma Bombeck
(b) Emily Post
(c) Wilson Walters
(d) Sally Struthers
5. According to the narrator in “The Rookers,” lately Mack has become obsessed with the weather and likes to compare it to the predictions from where?
(a) The newspaper forecast
(b) The Old Farmer's Almanac
(c) His astrological charts
(d) The nightly news weather forecast
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator in “Detroit Skyline, 1949”?
2. How old does the narrator say she was when her mother took her on a long journey North to see the tall buildings of Detroit in the beginning of “Detroit Skyline, 1949”?
3. Louise’s husband in “Still Life with Watermelon” is currently where?
4. What is the name of the narrator’s brother in “Detroit Skyline, 1949” that is 2 when she visits Detroit with her mother?
5. What did Sandra’s grandfather die from in “Offerings”?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)