|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Residents and Transients.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dolores’s friend enrolled in beauty school at what age in “The Climber”?
2. What is the name of Sandra’s estranged husband in “Offerings”?
3. How tall is the tulip tree said to be in “The Climber”?
(a) 30 feet
(b) 100 feet
(c) 80 feet
(d) 70 feet
4. What is the name of Sandra’s grandfather that died in “Offerings”?
(a) Joe Stamper
(b) Kent Ballard
(c) Bob Turnbow
(d) Joe Murdock
5. The narrator says in “Residents and Transients,” “I complained for weeks about living with houses in view. I need” what?
(c) Cotton fields
(d) Rice fields
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the narrator know Larry from before she began having an affair with him in “Residents and Transients”?
2. Rita Jean is worried sick about her cat named what in “Old Things”?
3. Of her parents’ farmhouse, the narrator of “Residents and Transients” says, “I love its stateliness, the way it rises up from the fields like a patch of” what?
4. The narrator’s mother in “Residents and Transients” tells her that what “brings on cancer”?
5. According to the narrator of “The Climber,” “Dolores has the Christian channel on only for the” what?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)