|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is George Herbert?
(a) Lynda's brother.
(b) Lynda's lover.
(c) Lynda's psychiatrist.
(d) Lynda's plastic surgeon.
2. Chapter 31 reports that George is planning on seeking reelection as leader of the youth armies in what area?
(a) North Africa.
(d) The Northwest Fringes.
3. According to Chapter 14, what is most divisive among humans?
(a) Scientific thought.
(c) Religious differences.
(d) The generation gap.
4. What is John Brent-Oxford's role, in Chapter 33?
(a) He is the Prosecutor.
(b) He is the court scribe.
(c) He is the defense attorney.
(d) He is the judge.
5. How much SOWF does Lynda believe she receives?
(a) 3 or 4%.
(b) 6 or 7%.
(c) 4 or 5%.
(d) 5 or 6%.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is writing to George in Chapter 29?
2. What does George tell Rachel, in Chapter 28, to help her deal with the news she receives?
3. Who was elevated to a position as undisputed leader as a result of the trial?
4. Lynda believes that some people don't use all of their what?
5. What happened to Rachel, as detailed in Chapter 31?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are George, Benjamin and Rachel described in Chapter 21?
2. What does Johor say, in Chapter 19, about the poor of Shikasta?
3. What does Johor do, in Chapter 20, while on his way to incarnation?
4. What are the effects of short lifespans, as explained in Chapter 14?
5. How did the youth armies form on Shikasta?
6. Why does the mock trial occur in Chapter 33?
7. How does Rachel feel after meeting the Muslim family she describes in Chapter 24?
8. Who is Suzannah?
9. Which two families does Johor consider for his reincarnation, and which does he ultimately pick?
10. How does the mock trial end?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)