|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 21 - 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Canopus do for the Natives of Shikasta?
(a) Showed them how to use tools and fire.
(b) Hastened their evolution by introducing a new species.
(c) Made the planet's climate more hospitable.
(d) Helped them to master mathematics and astronomy.
2. What doctrine is the teacher in Chapter 17 professing to his students?
(a) He refuses to teach any of these.
(b) Intelligent Design.
3. Who distorts the ceremony Johor describes in Chapter 13?
(a) A small cult.
(d) Christian monks.
4. What other friend does Johor find in Chapter 12?
5. What does the Lock do?
(a) Connects Rohanda to the galactic flow of energies.
(b) Prevents Rohanda's enemies from penetrating its atmosphere.
(c) Keeps the Natives and the Giants separated.
(d) Prevents Rohanda's inhabitants from leaving the planet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 22 describes the rise of what, as a result of the economic and social problems on Shikasta?
2. The ceremony discussed by Johor in Chapter 13 originated in what country?
3. Who is George Herbert?
4. What do some Canopeans believe should be done with Shikasta?
5. What does Johor attempt to do to his friends after finding them?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)