|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29 - 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to individual eight that makes her so unhappy?
(a) She is raped.
(b) Her family is killed by the Shammat.
(c) She is jailed for a crime she didn't commit.
(d) She is let go, quickly and unceremoniously, by her long-term employer.
2. What happened to Taufiq as a result of his chosen profession?
(a) He was able to help others, and became famous for it.
(b) He was assassinated by a supporter of one of his rivals.
(c) He made important contributions to the medical and scientific community.
(d) His personality was distorted, and he became a national figure.
3. Chapter 19 also describes the plight of what group of people on Shikasta?
(a) The Muslims.
(b) The Giants.
(c) The poorest.
4. What is the Shammat transmitter made of?
(d) Effluon 3.
5. What do the Shammat want to do with George in Chapter 26?
(a) Send him to a penal colony.
(b) Continue covertly observing his activities.
(c) Assassinate him.
(d) Capture him and force him to stop being a leader, and kill him if he refuses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Giants on Shikasta?
2. What was Taufiq supposed to become when he incarnated on Shikasta?
3. Who does Johor search for when he reincarnates?
4. Why is Rachel unable to understand some conversations between George and his teachers?
5. Chapter 31 reports that George is planning on seeking reelection as leader of the youth armies in what area?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)