|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Rohanda after it is cut off from the Lock?
(a) It is abandoned by all of its inhabitants.
(b) The Canopeans abandon it.
(c) The Shammat are able to drain it even faster.
2. In Chapter 9, Taufiq reports that what major change has taken place on Earth?
(a) The magnetic poles have flipped.
(b) Most islands are underwater.
(c) The ozone layer has disappeared.
(d) The rainforests are gone.
3. In Chapter 8, Britain and other European countries are blamed for what?
(a) Global warming.
(b) World War I.
(c) Worldwide poverty.
(d) World War II.
4. What happened to the ethical laws Johor gave to the Shikastans?
(a) They were completely forgotten.
(b) They were built into religions.
(c) They were replaced by codes that the Shikastans wrote on their own.
(d) They were adopted as an unwritten code of conduct.
5. What did Canopus do for the Natives of Shikasta?
(a) Hastened their evolution by introducing a new species.
(b) Helped them to master mathematics and astronomy.
(c) Made the planet's climate more hospitable.
(d) Showed them how to use tools and fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Johor notes, upon his return, that the people of Shikasta have physically changed in what way?
2. In Chapter 9, Johor interacts with a man who is clearly what Old Testament figure?
3. Who are the Shammat?
4. The "Northwest Fringes" are analogous to what nonfictional place?
5. Johor's worst experience is with what planet?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)