|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hastings' double entendre about the calf brains on the menu?
(a) I supposed you had only a half a brain.
(b) A brain is something missing in most houses.
(c) Do you suggest we lack brains, sir?
(d) Let your brains be knocked out, sir, I don't like them.
2. What does Mrs. Hardcastle promise to give Constance right away?
(a) The jewels.
(b) Her garnets.
(c) A wedding dress.
(d) A trip to her aunt's house in London.
3. What sort of sales pitch does Mr. Hardcastle make to his daughter?
(a) He offers to send her to the university.
(b) He praises a young man who is coming to visit.
(c) He begs her to spend less on clothes.
(d) He wants her to learn to cook.
4. What does Marlow say to Kate when he enters and sees her standing there?
(a) That she should come away with him.
(b) That he has triffled with his heart and must go.
(c) That he has a little time before he leaves.
(d) That he is sorry he mistook her for the barmaid.
5. What does Marlow say that Kate overhears?
(a) That Miss Hardcastle talks too much.
(b) That Miss Hardcastle wears ridiculous clothes.
(c) That Miss Hardcastle is too grave and sentimental for him.
(d) That Miss Hardcastle hides her face under a bonnet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Tony done with his mother and Constance?
2. What keeps Marlow from leaving Liberty Hall?
3. What does Tony warn them of once they get to the inn?
4. What is Marlow's reaction when he sees the menu for the night's supper?
5. As the play opens, who are the two characters who enter from the right?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)