|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Hardcastle think when she catches Tony and Constance together?
(a) That they are in love with each other.
(b) That they are playing games with her.
(c) That they need to be separated.
(d) That they are only after the jewels.
2. What refreshment does Marlow ask of Hardcastle?
(a) A gin and tonic.
(b) An Irish whisky.
(c) Milk and biscuits.
(d) A glass of warm punch.
3. What does Tony say to Constance about the jewels now back with his mother.
(a) That Hastings will have to steal them again.
(b) That she can steal them this time.
(c) That he doesn't know where she has put them this time.
(d) That his mother will force them to marry now that she has the jewels.
4. What does Constance attempt to do?
(a) Pour water on the letter so that the ink runs.
(b) Get Mrs. Hardcastle away by telling her a story about Tony.
(c) Get Tony to read the letter later.
(d) Knock the letter into the fireplace.
5. What does Hardcastle say about the servants overhearing one of his funny stories?
(a) They must laugh uproarously to get the guests laughing, too.
(b) They must not comment on how many times they have heard the story.
(c) They must correct him if he gets parts of them wrong.
(d) They must not laugh out loud.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters while Kate is struggling to get her hand away from Marlow?
2. What does Marlow do in front of his father?
3. What does Kate say about Marlow?
4. What is Hardcastle's reaction when Kate enters the room?
5. When Hardcastle cannot stand any more, what does he do?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)