|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time-consuming action had Tony taken on the ride?
(a) Tied up Mrs. Hardcastle and put a gag in her mouth.
(b) Stopped frequently to ask directions.
(c) Getting stuck in ponds ending up in the horsepond behind the garden.
(d) Slowed the horses down to a walk.
2. What is Kate's response as Marlow moves closer to her?
(a) She asks if he is trying to guess her age the way they do horses.
(b) She asks of he thinks she's wearing a mask.
(c) She runs behind a large chair.
(d) She asks if he is in need of glasses.
3. When Kate agrees to accept the young man if he asks for her hand, how does her father tease her?
(a) He says that the young man may be deformed in some way.
(b) He says that it's more than an even wager that he won't have her.
(c) He says that the young man might be mentally retarded.
(d) He says that as her father he might not give his consent.
4. What does Mrs. Hardcastle not recognize as Tony and Constance banter back and forth?
(a) How they do not seem to listen to one another.
(b) How their faces reveal their true love.
(c) The sarcasm in their declarations of love for each other.
(d) How nervous they are around her.
5. When Hardcastle enters the room, how does Marlow indicate he is dismissed?
(a) By giving him their breakfast order.
(b) By asking him to go look after their horses.
(c) By turning to Hastings and ignoring Hardcastle.
(d) By saying he will call if he needs anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tony's one word admonition to the landlord of the pub?
2. After Marlow runs from the room, how does Hardcastle confront his daughter.
3. How does Marlow react when he finally realizes he has been duped again?
4. What is Constance resolved to do at this point?
5. What is Hardcastle's toast after passing out the punch?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)