|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment does the landlord of the Three Pigeons make about Hardcastle's inn?
(a) He says they have good beds and fine wine.
(b) He says they have hard beds and sour wine.
(c) He says there is a rumor that they steal from their guests while they sleep.
(d) He says they get their guests out of bed when the rooster crows each morning.
2. How does Tony calm down Constance?
(a) He tells her that Hastings has the jewels.
(b) He gives her brandy to drink.
(c) He promises to find the jewels.
(d) He makes a joke to make her laugh.
3. What does the maid tell Kate that Marlow thinks.
(a) He thinks Kate is the barmaid.
(b) He thinks he is a fool for coming here.
(c) He thinks it is all a joke.
(d) He thinks Miss Neville is Kate.
4. What does Sir Charles say will happen if what Kate has said turns out to be true?
(a) All his happiness with his son shall come to an end.
(b) He will confront his son with a pistol.
(c) He will allow Hardcastle to chastize his son.
(d) He will send his son to an asylum.
5. How does Miss Neville know who the letter is from?
(a) She knows Hastings is going to write.
(b) She snatches the letter from Tony's hand.
(c) She reads the letter for Tony.
(d) She recognizes the handwriting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Hardcastle trying to make a match between Tony and Constance?
2. What is the one thing about the man whose name is Marlow that Kate does not particularly like?
3. What does Tony do when he discovers that Marlow and Hastings are hopelessly lost?
4. What funny comment does Hardcastle make to the audience about the behavior of Marlow and Hastings?
5. What is Marlow's plan for meeting Kate Hardcastle?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)