|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kate propose that her father and Sir Charles do?
(a) Insist on a meeting with the four of them.
(b) Hide behind a screen while she meets with Marlow.
(c) Threaten Marlow with a whip if he does not tell the truth.
(d) Talk to her maid who overheard everything.
2. What information does Hastings' servant give him?
(a) That Mrs. Hardcastle and Constance have returned.
(b) That Mrs. Hardcastle and Constance are thirty miles away already.
(c) That the post carriage broke down about a mile from the house.
(d) That a maid dressed in Constance's clothes is in the carriage with Mrs. Hardcastle.
3. Why are Hardcastle and Sir Charles amazed at Marlow's quick departure?
(a) They cannot believe young Marlow actually saw Kate.
(b) They do not understand what he says about Kate.
(c) What he says does not match up with what Kate told her father.
(d) They think he is too sensitive to the joke that was played on him.
4. What does Tony tell his mother when he spies Mr. Hardcastle walking that way?
(a) He tells her to go back to the horsepond and wait for him.
(b) He tells her to hide and he will stand guard.
(c) He tells her a highwayman is coming and she should hide in the thicket.
(d) He tells her there are a gang of thieves headed their way.
5. As the play opens, who are the two characters who enter from the right?
(a) The maid and Mrs. Hardcastle
(b) Marlow and Hastings
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Hardcastle
(d) Kate and Marlow
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tony warn them of once they get to the inn?
2. How do Hastings and Marlow continue to ignore Hardcastle?
3. What does Hardcastle say that girls like?
4. What does the maid question about Kate's plan?
5. What does the letter from Sir Charles Marlow indicate?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)