|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hastings say they must hurry if they plan to elope?
(a) Because there will be guards when Sir Charles arrives.
(b) Because Sir Charles knows Hastings and would say too much.
(c) Because everyone will be watching closely when Sir Charles arrives.
(d) Because young Marlow will discover his mistake and be angry.
2. What does Hastings say about Marlow in the company of women of reputation?
(a) He puts on airs that the women can see right through.
(b) He is a trembler looking like he wants to steal out of the room.
(c) He gets grand and ignores the women.
(d) He turns red and cannot speak.
3. Where does Diggory say he learned how to hold his hands?
(a) In church.
(b) In the university.
(c) In the militia.
(d) In prison.
4. Hardcastle is stunned by their rudeness but offers what service?
(a) To send out for their supper.
(b) To feed them only bread and water.
(c) To let them go to the kitchen and prepare their own supper.
(d) To alter anything on the menu.
5. Of what does Marlow envy Hastings?
(a) His wealth and title.
(b) His skill at writing love poems.
(c) His ability to play the lute and sing.
(d) His ability to captivate any woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marlow now fear?
2. Why does Constance not believe that Mrs. Hardcastle has lost her jewels?
3. What does Tony warn them of once they get to the inn?
4. When Kate agrees to accept the young man if he asks for her hand, how does her father tease her?
5. What does Hardcastle say that girls like?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)