|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the scene in the Three Pigeons a satire on sentimental comedy?
(a) The characters serve as a chorus as in Greek comedy.
(b) The characters are all commoners and not genteel.
(c) The dialogue is high toned.
(d) The sentiments are only on drinking.
2. What does Marlow tell Kate the barmaid his name is?
(a) Mr. Danbury.
(b) Mr. Rattles.
(c) Mr. Solomons.
(d) Mr. Hastings.
3. What admonition does Hardcastle give the servants for when guests arrive?
(a) Not to scratch themselves in public.
(b) Not to speak unless spoken to.
(c) Not to ask guests for tips.
(d) Not to pop in, stare, and run like scared rabbits.
4. What reaction does Marlow and Hastings have about the mansion they suppose is an inn?
(a) It looks too much like a regular house.
(b) It is better than they had hoped for.
(c) It has fallen into a state of ruin.
(d) It is well-looking and credible.
5. What does Mrs. Hardcastle not recognize as Tony and Constance banter back and forth?
(a) How their faces reveal their true love.
(b) How they do not seem to listen to one another.
(c) How nervous they are around her.
(d) The sarcasm in their declarations of love for each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Hardcastle propose to do after she learns the truth about Constance and Hastings?
2. How does Mrs. Hardcastle show her blind love of her son, Tony?
3. How does Hardcastle say the servants are like their betters?
4. What sort of sales pitch does Mr. Hardcastle make to his daughter?
5. Who does Mrs. Hardcastle dote on?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)