|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Hardcastle trying to make a match between Tony and Constance?
(a) Constance inherited a fortune in jewels.
(b) Constance stands to inherit a title.
(c) Tony has never been able to attract a woman.
(d) Tony needs to settle down before he gets too old.
2. Before offering to give directions to Marlow and Hastings, what does Tony want to know?
(a) If they have an invitation to the Hardcastle mansion.
(b) If they need to see Hardcastle right away.
(c) If they know where they are and how they got there.
(d) If they have servants traveling with them.
3. Who enters with a letter for Tony?
(d) Mr. Hardcastle.
4. Of what does Marlow envy Hastings?
(a) His skill at writing love poems.
(b) His wealth and title.
(c) His ability to play the lute and sing.
(d) His ability to captivate any woman.
5. What suggestion is made that the landlady might do?
(a) Give them three chairs and a bolster in front of the fireplace.
(b) Order them out of her house.
(c) Let them share her bed.
(d) Make them a bed on the pub floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marlow now fear?
2. What argument does the subject of age bring up between the Hardcastles?
3. When Marlow enters, who gets the blame for all the trouble in the house?
4. How does Hardcastle finally get the attention of Marlow and Hastings?
5. Tony thinks Constance has not read all of the letter, so what does he do?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)