|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kate convince her father to do?
(a) Invite Marlow to return to the house as often as he likes.
(b) Let her have her fun with Marlow before telling him who she is.
(c) Give her time to prove that Marlow really is a modest gentleman.
(d) Help her make Marlow make a fool of himself.
2. What happens when Hardcastle asks the servants about serving wine?
(a) They all rush out to get the wine.
(b) No one moves to get the wine.
(c) They all say that they prefer ale.
(d) They all start wishing for a glass of wine.
3. How does Miss Neville know who the letter is from?
(a) She snatches the letter from Tony's hand.
(b) She knows Hastings is going to write.
(c) She reads the letter for Tony.
(d) She recognizes the handwriting.
4. What does Marlow tell Kate the barmaid his name is?
(a) Mr. Hastings.
(b) Mr. Rattles.
(c) Mr. Danbury.
(d) Mr. Solomons.
5. Who is Hardcastle reminded of when he hears the word retreat?
(a) Napoleon Bonepart.
(b) The Duke of Marlborough.
(c) General Custer.
(d) The Earl of Bath.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Hastings shocked by Marlow?
2. When Marlow enters, who gets the blame for all the trouble in the house?
3. What subterfuge do Constance and Tony carry out when Mrs. Hardcastle is in the room?
4. Tony thinks Constance has not read all of the letter, so what does he do?
5. What reaction does Marlow and Hastings have about the mansion they suppose is an inn?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)