|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Tony arranged for Hastings and Constance?
(a) A wedding trip to Paris.
(b) The key to his mother's bureau.
(c) A pair of fast horses.
(d) Disguises to make their getaway.
2. What funny comment does Hardcastle make to the audience about the behavior of Marlow and Hastings?
(a) Next thing he'll want me to fluff his pillows.
(b) It may be modern modesty but looks like old-fashioned impudence.
(c) If he were not Sir Charles' son, I'd send him packing.
(d) No wonder Sir Charles was anxious to send his son to the country.
3. How does Miss Neville know who the letter is from?
(a) She snatches the letter from Tony's hand.
(b) She knows Hastings is going to write.
(c) She reads the letter for Tony.
(d) She recognizes the handwriting.
4. Hardcastle is stunned by their rudeness but offers what service?
(a) To send out for their supper.
(b) To feed them only bread and water.
(c) To alter anything on the menu.
(d) To let them go to the kitchen and prepare their own supper.
5. Why can't Hastings explain the problem of giving the jewels to Mrs. Hardcastle?
(a) Marlow still doesn't know they are in Hardcastle's house.
(b) He has to tell Constance first.
(c) Marlow will do something violent if he finds out what he did.
(d) Marlow will be angry that Hastings did not tell him what was in the casket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marlow do with the jewels?
2. What does Tony come running into the room to announce?
3. Who enters while Kate is struggling to get her hand away from Marlow?
4. When Hastings offers them something already made up, what is Marlow's aside to Hastings?
5. When Kate agrees to accept the young man if he asks for her hand, how does her father tease her?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)