|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tony volunteer to do as Marlow and Hastings head out the door of the Three Pigeons?
(a) He offers to go out and point the way.
(b) He tries hard to contain his laughter.
(c) He kicks the landlord of the pub under the table.
(d) He tips his hat and wishes them well.
2. What does Tony do when his mother is so upset?
(a) Mocks her.
(b) Starts screaming at her for being stupid.
(c) Pretends she is joking and tells her to keep it up.
3. What does Hastings say about Marlow in the company of women of reputation?
(a) He puts on airs that the women can see right through.
(b) He gets grand and ignores the women.
(c) He is a trembler looking like he wants to steal out of the room.
(d) He turns red and cannot speak.
4. Who does Constance say Marlow is?
(a) The most intimate friend of her admirer, Mr. Hastings.
(b) The son of her father's dearest friend.
(c) The most eligable bachelor in London.
(d) A royal in line for the throne.
5. Giving up on following Tony's directions, what does Marlow do?
(a) He asks the landlord for a room for the night.
(b) He suggests they return to London.
(c) He says they can sleep in the carriage.
(d) He tells Hastings that this is why he never stopped to ask directions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comment does the landlord of the Three Pigeons make about Hardcastle's inn?
2. What names has Mr. Hardcastle been calling Tony for almost a year?
3. What comment does Mr. Hardcastle make to his daughter, Kate, seeing her dressed in the latest fashion.
4. Mr. Hardcastle is furious with Marlow. What does he say out loud to himself about the young man?
5. Where does Diggory say he learned how to hold his hands?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)