|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tony come running into the room to announce?
(a) That he has Constance's jewels to give her.
(b) That the barn is on fire.
(c) That he overheard Hastings and Constance planning an elopement.
(d) That his mother will not release the jewels.
2. Why does Constance not believe that Mrs. Hardcastle has lost her jewels?
(a) Because Tony told her they are not lost.
(b) Because she has them herself.
(c) Because she knows where Mrs. Harcastle keeps them.
(d) Because Mrs. Hardcastle knows the value of the jewels.
3. What does Tony do when he discovers that Marlow and Hastings are hopelessly lost?
(a) He tells them no one in those parts know a Mr. Hardcastle.
(b) He offers to go with them to show the way.
(c) He sends them headed back toward London.
(d) He gives them long, complicated directions to Hardcastle mansion.
4. Why is Mrs. Hardcastle trying to make a match between Tony and Constance?
(a) Tony has never been able to attract a woman.
(b) Constance inherited a fortune in jewels.
(c) Constance stands to inherit a title.
(d) Tony needs to settle down before he gets too old.
5. What does Kate say to herself about Marlow.
(a) That he must leave at once.
(b) That he was the one she had stooped to conquer.
(c) That her father will not believe his story.
(d) That he is worse than she thought.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the maid question about Kate's plan?
2. What funny comment does Hardcastle make to the audience about the behavior of Marlow and Hastings?
3. Before offering to give directions to Marlow and Hastings, what does Tony want to know?
4. What does Kate say about Marlow?
5. What seems to be the only solution for Constance and Hastings?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)