|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hastings offers them something already made up, what is Marlow's aside to Hastings?
(a) I hope this is fit to drink.
(b) I wonder how long it has sat there?
(c) Do you suppose the wine is soured?
(d) In Liberty Hall we have only what he pleases.
2. Why is Mrs. Hardcastle trying to make a match between Tony and Constance?
(a) Tony needs to settle down before he gets too old.
(b) Constance stands to inherit a title.
(c) Constance inherited a fortune in jewels.
(d) Tony has never been able to attract a woman.
3. What is in the letter?
(a) A message from Hastings about the elopement.
(b) A court summons in a murder case.
(c) A message about finding the jewels again.
(d) A bill for Tony's gambling debts.
4. What happens when Hardcastle hears a coach drive up in front of the house?
(a) He runs to sit down in the living room.
(b) He thinks it is the mail coach.
(c) He rushes the servants through their jobs one more time.
(d) He hurries out to greet Marlow.
5. What has Tony arranged for Hastings and Constance?
(a) A wedding trip to Paris.
(b) The key to his mother's bureau.
(c) A pair of fast horses.
(d) Disguises to make their getaway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the letter from Sir Charles Marlow indicate?
2. What admonition does Hardcastle give the servants for when guests arrive?
3. What does Kate let Marlow believe she is.
4. What funny comment does Hardcastle make to the audience about the behavior of Marlow and Hastings?
5. What does Tony tell Marlow and Hastings about the owner of the inn?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)