|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tony looking forward to in the near future?
(a) Getting even with Kate for standing between him and Constance.
(b) Being presented at court.
(c) Coming into his inheritance of 1,500 pounds a year.
(d) Going abraod for an extended vacation.
2. What is Tony's one word admonition to the landlord of the pub?
(c) Don't forget!
3. What does Hardcastle say about the servants overhearing one of his funny stories?
(a) They must not comment on how many times they have heard the story.
(b) They must correct him if he gets parts of them wrong.
(c) They must laugh uproarously to get the guests laughing, too.
(d) They must not laugh out loud.
4. When Hastings offers them something already made up, what is Marlow's aside to Hastings?
(a) I hope this is fit to drink.
(b) I wonder how long it has sat there?
(c) Do you suppose the wine is soured?
(d) In Liberty Hall we have only what he pleases.
5. What happens when Hardcastle hears a coach drive up in front of the house?
(a) He hurries out to greet Marlow.
(b) He thinks it is the mail coach.
(c) He runs to sit down in the living room.
(d) He rushes the servants through their jobs one more time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Hardcastle asks the servants about serving wine?
2. Why is Tony suddenly brave enough to play a prank on Hardcastle and his guests.
3. What has been established for Hastings in Act 3?
4. What admonition does Hardcastle give the servants for when guests arrive?
5. What is the one area of agreement between Kate and Mr. Hardcastle about Marlow?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)