|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Hardcastle say the neighbors bring back from their trips to town?
(a) Bills and bad dispositions.
(b) Useless furniture and ugly paintings.
(c) Things for which they have no use.
(d) Vanity and affectation.
2. What is Hardcastle's reaction when Kate enters the room?
(a) He is pleased with the modesty of her dress as they had agreed.
(b) That she must leave at once and go to London.
(c) That she will hate him for recommending Marlow to her.
(d) That she must stay in her room until Marlow departs.
3. How do Hastings and Marlow continue to ignore Hardcastle?
(a) By discussing what to wear before they go on to meet Kate and Constance.
(b) By keeping their backs to him.
(c) By talking loudly to each other.
(d) By going to look out of the window.
4. What happens when Hardcastle asks the servants about serving wine?
(a) They all say that they prefer ale.
(b) They all start wishing for a glass of wine.
(c) They all rush out to get the wine.
(d) No one moves to get the wine.
5. Seeing the good furniture, what does Hasting fear?
(a) That the beds will be hard and uncomfortable.
(b) That this might not be an inn after all.
(c) That it is an antique shop.
(d) That they will be overcharged for their stay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Kate promised her father about her dress in the evenings?
2. What comment does Mr. Hardcastle make to his daughter, Kate, seeing her dressed in the latest fashion.
3. What does Tony come running into the room to announce?
4. What funny comment does Hardcastle make to the audience about the behavior of Marlow and Hastings?
5. What happens when Hardcastle hears a coach drive up in front of the house?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)