|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kate say about Marlow?
(a) That he was rude and callous and she wanted him to go away.
(b) That she didn't know he was Hastings' best friend.
(c) That he appeared to be a simpleton.
(d) That she expected something extraordinary and she was quite surprised by him.
2. What does Mr. Hardcastle tell his wife when she suggests that Tony is consumptive.
(a) Yes, but he won't see a doctor.
(b) No, my dear, he's just in love.
(c) No, wife, his clothes are too large for him.
(d) Yes, if growing fat is one of the symptoms.
3. How do Hastings and Marlow continue to ignore Hardcastle?
(a) By keeping their backs to him.
(b) By discussing what to wear before they go on to meet Kate and Constance.
(c) By talking loudly to each other.
(d) By going to look out of the window.
4. What is Tony's composition he leads at the Three Pigeons?
(a) A pledge of allegiance.
(b) A drinking song.
(c) A raunchy limerick.
(d) An epic poem.
5. What names has Mr. Hardcastle been calling Tony for almost a year?
(a) Fat and sassy.
(b) Whelp and hound.
(c) Pigeon lover and turkey neck.
(d) Dumb and dirty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Constance not believe that Mrs. Hardcastle has lost her jewels?
2. As soon as Hardcastle is out of sight, what do the servants begin saying?
3. What is Marlow's reaction when he sees the menu for the night's supper?
4. What does Mr. Hardcastle expect from Diggory who was brought into the house from his work in the barn?
5. What happens when Hardcastle asks the servants about serving wine?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)