|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hardcastle does not recognize the insults at first and attempts to do what?
(a) Order Marlow and Hastings to sit down.
(b) Advise them about their dress.
(c) Enter into a conversation with Marlow and Hastings.
(d) Get them to sit at a table.
2. Hardcastle is stunned by their rudeness but offers what service?
(a) To let them go to the kitchen and prepare their own supper.
(b) To send out for their supper.
(c) To feed them only bread and water.
(d) To alter anything on the menu.
3. Who does Constance say Marlow is?
(a) The most intimate friend of her admirer, Mr. Hastings.
(b) The son of her father's dearest friend.
(c) A royal in line for the throne.
(d) The most eligable bachelor in London.
4. Mr. Hardcastle is furious with Marlow. What does he say out loud to himself about the young man?
(a) That he should run him off with a pitchfork.
(b) That he cannot understand Sir Charles playing such a joke on him.
(c) He is the most impudent piece of brass that ever spoke with a tongue.
(d) That he must not let Kate meet the young man.
5. What is Tony's composition he leads at the Three Pigeons?
(a) An epic poem.
(b) A raunchy limerick.
(c) A pledge of allegiance.
(d) A drinking song.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Hardcastle say Marlow has to do?
2. Who comes to visit Kate as she is contemplating the evening and meeting Marlow?
3. What is Marlow's experience with proper young ladies?
4. What does Kate say to Constance about her brother Tony?
5. What admonition does Hardcastle give the servants for when guests arrive?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)