|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one thing about the man whose name is Marlow that Kate does not particularly like?
(a) He father says that Marlow takes snuff.
(b) He father says that Marlow occasionally drinks too much.
(c) Her father says Marlow is reserved and shy.
(d) Her father says that Marlow is reputed to be quite vain.
2. What is Marlow's reaction when he sees the menu for the night's supper?
(a) He is shocked, thinking it will be expensive.
(b) He thinks it is rustic food.
(c) He does not believe the menu is correct.
(d) He cannot eat rich food at night.
3. When Marlow and Hastings enter the Three Pigeons, Marlow is complaining about the distance they came. What does Hastings say?
(a) It was because a wheel broke on the carriage and they had to haul it to London.
(b) It was because he would not stop and ask directions.
(c) It was because he forgot his top hat and had to go back for it.
(d) It was because they had no roadmap to the Hardcastle estate.
4. What comment does Mr. Hardcastle make to his daughter, Kate, seeing her dressed in the latest fashion.
(a) There's enough silk in that gown to make two.
(b) What is wrong with the simple country dress?
(c) Have you turned to be like Mrs. Hardcastle?
(d) The indigent world could be clothed out of the trimmings of the vain.
5. When Mrs. Hardcastle tries to get Tony to say home one night, where is he planning to go?
(a) The Three Pigeons pub.
(b) The Cock and Bull pub.
(c) The theater.
(d) To church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tony volunteer to do as Marlow and Hastings head out the door of the Three Pigeons?
2. What does Hardcastle say about the servants overhearing one of his funny stories?
3. What does Mr. Hardcastle say the neighbors bring back from their trips to town?
4. How do Hastings and Marlow continue to ignore Hardcastle?
5. What does Tony warn them of once they get to the inn?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)