|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hardcastle is stunned by their rudeness but offers what service?
(a) To send out for their supper.
(b) To feed them only bread and water.
(c) To alter anything on the menu.
(d) To let them go to the kitchen and prepare their own supper.
2. What has Kate promised her father about her dress in the evenings?
(a) That she will wear simply country housewife clothes.
(b) That she will not wear jewelry in the evenings.
(c) That she will only dress up in the evenings.
(d) That she will wear a dancing costume in the evenings.
3. Of what does Marlow envy Hastings?
(a) His ability to captivate any woman.
(b) His wealth and title.
(c) His ability to play the lute and sing.
(d) His skill at writing love poems.
4. What is Hardcastle's toast after passing out the punch?
(a) To good horses and fair ladies.
(b) To our better acquaintence.
(c) To send you on your way.
(d) To overlook your insolence.
5. What is Mrs. Hardcastle's complaint with her husband?
(a) He doesn't dress for dinner.
(b) They never have company come to the house.
(c) He has no taste in furniture.
(d) They do not travel to town now and then.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hardcastle reminded of when he hears the word retreat?
2. What does Diggory say will be difficult for him?
3. Tired of humoring Hardcastle, what blunder does Marlow make?
4. When Kate agrees to accept the young man if he asks for her hand, how does her father tease her?
5. How interested is Hardcastle in politics?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)