|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hastings offers them something already made up, what is Marlow's aside to Hastings?
(a) Do you suppose the wine is soured?
(b) In Liberty Hall we have only what he pleases.
(c) I wonder how long it has sat there?
(d) I hope this is fit to drink.
2. What argument does the subject of age bring up between the Hardcastles?
(a) Mrs. Hardcastle's age.
(b) How long they have had the same furniture.
(c) The holes in the carpet.
(d) The leaks in the roof.
3. What admonition does Hardcastle give the servants for when guests arrive?
(a) Not to speak unless spoken to.
(b) Not to scratch themselves in public.
(c) Not to pop in, stare, and run like scared rabbits.
(d) Not to ask guests for tips.
4. What does Tony tell Marlow and Hastings about the owner of the inn?
(a) He tells them that the old man is a lunatic.
(b) He tells them that the old man loves to play tricks on his guests.
(c) He tells them that the owner is away and there are imposters in the inn.
(d) He says that he is closing the inn and fancies himself a country gentleman.
5. What does Mr. Hardcastle say the neighbors bring back from their trips to town?
(a) Useless furniture and ugly paintings.
(b) Things for which they have no use.
(c) Bills and bad dispositions.
(d) Vanity and affectation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reaction does Marlow and Hastings have about the mansion they suppose is an inn?
2. Who does Mrs. Hardcastle dote on?
3. What is Tony's one word admonition to the landlord of the pub?
4. What does Mr. Hardcastle call his home?
5. What do Hastings and Marlow believe?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)