|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hardcastle say the servants are like their betters?
(a) They want some staff to be under them.
(b) They are only interested in the money.
(c) They are too concerned about their dress.
(d) They are arguing over places of importance.
2. What is Tony looking forward to in the near future?
(a) Going abraod for an extended vacation.
(b) Being presented at court.
(c) Getting even with Kate for standing between him and Constance.
(d) Coming into his inheritance of 1,500 pounds a year.
3. How is the scene in the Three Pigeons a satire on sentimental comedy?
(a) The characters are all commoners and not genteel.
(b) The characters serve as a chorus as in Greek comedy.
(c) The sentiments are only on drinking.
(d) The dialogue is high toned.
4. What happens when Hardcastle asks the servants about serving wine?
(a) No one moves to get the wine.
(b) They all rush out to get the wine.
(c) They all say that they prefer ale.
(d) They all start wishing for a glass of wine.
5. What reaction does Marlow and Hastings have about the mansion they suppose is an inn?
(a) It looks too much like a regular house.
(b) It has fallen into a state of ruin.
(c) It is well-looking and credible.
(d) It is better than they had hoped for.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Marlow's reaction when he sees the menu for the night's supper?
2. What does Hardcastle say about the servants overhearing one of his funny stories?
3. What suggestion is made that the landlady might do?
4. What does Hastings say about Marlow in the company of women of reputation?
5. Who is Hardcastle reminded of when he hears the word retreat?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)