|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Seeing the good furniture, what does Hasting fear?
(a) That this might not be an inn after all.
(b) That the beds will be hard and uncomfortable.
(c) That it is an antique shop.
(d) That they will be overcharged for their stay.
2. What does Kate say to Constance about her brother Tony?
(a) She tells Constance that Tony walks in his sleep.
(b) She says that Tony fancies he will marry a duchess.
(c) She says that Tony will do anything to marry Constance.
(d) She says that she could almost love him for hating Constance so.
3. What does Mr. Hardcastle say the neighbors bring back from their trips to town?
(a) Bills and bad dispositions.
(b) Vanity and affectation.
(c) Useless furniture and ugly paintings.
(d) Things for which they have no use.
4. Who does Mrs. Hardcastle dote on?
(a) Young Marlow, Sir Charles Marlow's son.
(b) Miss Neville, Mrs. Hardcastle's niece.
(c) Tony Lumpkin, her son by her late first husband.
(d) Kate, Mr. Hardcastle's daughter.
5. As soon as Hardcastle is out of sight, what do the servants begin saying?
(a) They say the master has lost his mind.
(b) None of them can remember his or her job.
(c) They begin arguing over which one is most important.
(d) They say they are going back to their old jobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hardcastle say about the servants overhearing one of his funny stories?
2. What suggestion is made that the landlady might do?
3. What does Tony volunteer to do as Marlow and Hastings head out the door of the Three Pigeons?
4. How does Hardcastle say the servants are like their betters?
5. What is Marlow's experience with proper young ladies?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)