|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hardcastle finally get the attention of Marlow and Hastings?
(a) By kicking them.
(b) By firing a pistol.
(c) By mentioning sex.
(d) By talking louder.
2. Left behind as Hardcastle and Marlow go to the bedrooms, who does Hastings see?
(a) Constance Neville.
(c) Kate Hardcastle.
(d) Mrs. Hardcastle.
3. What does Hardcastle say about the servants overhearing one of his funny stories?
(a) They must not laugh out loud.
(b) They must not comment on how many times they have heard the story.
(c) They must laugh uproarously to get the guests laughing, too.
(d) They must correct him if he gets parts of them wrong.
4. What does Tony tell Marlow and Hastings about the owner of the inn?
(a) He tells them that the old man is a lunatic.
(b) He tells them that the owner is away and there are imposters in the inn.
(c) He says that he is closing the inn and fancies himself a country gentleman.
(d) He tells them that the old man loves to play tricks on his guests.
5. What is Tony's one word admonition to the landlord of the pub?
(d) Don't forget!
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mrs. Hardcastle tries to get Tony to say home one night, where is he planning to go?
2. What refreshment does Marlow ask of Hardcastle?
3. Who does Mrs. Hardcastle dote on?
4. What comment does the landlord of the Three Pigeons make about Hardcastle's inn?
5. Before offering to give directions to Marlow and Hastings, what does Tony want to know?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)