|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hardcastle does not recognize the insults at first and attempts to do what?
(a) Enter into a conversation with Marlow and Hastings.
(b) Order Marlow and Hastings to sit down.
(c) Advise them about their dress.
(d) Get them to sit at a table.
2. Why is Mrs. Hardcastle trying to make a match between Tony and Constance?
(a) Tony needs to settle down before he gets too old.
(b) Constance stands to inherit a title.
(c) Tony has never been able to attract a woman.
(d) Constance inherited a fortune in jewels.
3. When Mrs. Hardcastle tries to get Tony to say home one night, where is he planning to go?
(a) The Three Pigeons pub.
(b) The Cock and Bull pub.
(c) The theater.
(d) To church.
4. Giving up on following Tony's directions, what does Marlow do?
(a) He suggests they return to London.
(b) He asks the landlord for a room for the night.
(c) He says they can sleep in the carriage.
(d) He tells Hastings that this is why he never stopped to ask directions.
5. When Hardcastle enters the room, how does Marlow indicate he is dismissed?
(a) By turning to Hastings and ignoring Hardcastle.
(b) By asking him to go look after their horses.
(c) By giving him their breakfast order.
(d) By saying he will call if he needs anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What argument does the subject of age bring up between the Hardcastles?
2. What is Tony looking forward to in the near future?
3. What does Hastings say about Marlow in the company of women of reputation?
4. After the meal problem is settled, what demands do Marlow and Hastings make?
5. Who does Mrs. Hardcastle dote on?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)