|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dichotomy does Marlow bewail?
(a) Lower class women do not expect marriage like the upper class.
(b) Low class women are not bound by the reserve of upper class women.
(c) You cannot pay upper class women the same as you do the lower class.
(d) An impudent man may fake modesty, but a modest man cannot fake impudence.
2. What happens when Hardcastle asks the servants about serving wine?
(a) No one moves to get the wine.
(b) They all say that they prefer ale.
(c) They all rush out to get the wine.
(d) They all start wishing for a glass of wine.
3. What does Mrs. Hardcastle say their mansion looks like?
(a) A barracks.
(b) An inn.
(c) A museum.
(d) A barn.
4. What refreshment does Marlow ask of Hardcastle?
(a) A glass of warm punch.
(b) An Irish whisky.
(c) Milk and biscuits.
(d) A gin and tonic.
5. Of what does Marlow envy Hastings?
(a) His wealth and title.
(b) His skill at writing love poems.
(c) His ability to play the lute and sing.
(d) His ability to captivate any woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of sales pitch does Mr. Hardcastle make to his daughter?
2. How does Hardcastle finally get the attention of Marlow and Hastings?
3. After the meal problem is settled, what demands do Marlow and Hastings make?
4. What reaction does Marlow and Hastings have about the mansion they suppose is an inn?
5. How is the scene in the Three Pigeons a satire on sentimental comedy?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)