|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hardcastle enters the room, how does Marlow indicate he is dismissed?
(a) By turning to Hastings and ignoring Hardcastle.
(b) By asking him to go look after their horses.
(c) By saying he will call if he needs anything.
(d) By giving him their breakfast order.
2. What do Hastings and Marlow believe?
(a) That they might stay over one more night.
(b) That Hardcastle can tell them which way to go to find Kate.
(c) That what Tony told them about the innkeeper is true.
(d) That they must get away from Hardcastle.
3. What does Mr. Hardcastle call his home?
(a) Liberty Hall.
(b) Upson Downs.
(c) Inn and Out.
(d) Hardcastle Castle.
4. What is Marlow's reaction when he sees the menu for the night's supper?
(a) He does not believe the menu is correct.
(b) He cannot eat rich food at night.
(c) He is shocked, thinking it will be expensive.
(d) He thinks it is rustic food.
5. What hinders Marlow from seeking a wife?
(a) He fears he cannot endure an arranged marriage.
(b) Going through the terrors of a formal courtship.
(c) He has no one to arrange a marriage for him.
(d) His preference for barmaids.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hardcastle does not recognize the insults at first and attempts to do what?
2. Seeing the good furniture, what does Hasting fear?
3. What is Mr. Hardcastle attempting to do with his servants?
4. What does Tony tell Marlow and Hastings about the owner of the inn?
5. What does Mr. Hardcastle tell his wife when she suggests that Tony is consumptive.
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)