|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Kate promised her father about her dress in the evenings?
(a) That she will only dress up in the evenings.
(b) That she will wear a dancing costume in the evenings.
(c) That she will not wear jewelry in the evenings.
(d) That she will wear simply country housewife clothes.
2. What dichotomy does Marlow bewail?
(a) Lower class women do not expect marriage like the upper class.
(b) Low class women are not bound by the reserve of upper class women.
(c) You cannot pay upper class women the same as you do the lower class.
(d) An impudent man may fake modesty, but a modest man cannot fake impudence.
3. What names has Mr. Hardcastle been calling Tony for almost a year?
(a) Fat and sassy.
(b) Dumb and dirty.
(c) Whelp and hound.
(d) Pigeon lover and turkey neck.
4. When Mrs. Hardcastle tries to get Tony to say home one night, where is he planning to go?
(a) To church.
(b) The theater.
(c) The Three Pigeons pub.
(d) The Cock and Bull pub.
5. Anxious to be off, what does Marlow ask Tony?
(a) Are there any bridges to cross?
(b) Can we purchase some torches here?
(c) How much do you think they will charge?
(d) We are to turn right, did you say?
Short Answer Questions
1. As soon as Hardcastle is out of sight, what do the servants begin saying?
2. What does the landlord say about available accommodations?
3. What happens when Hardcastle asks the servants about serving wine?
4. Who comes to visit Kate as she is contemplating the evening and meeting Marlow?
5. Giving up on following Tony's directions, what does Marlow do?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)