|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tony tell Marlow and Hastings about the owner of the inn?
(a) He tells them that the owner is away and there are imposters in the inn.
(b) He tells them that the old man is a lunatic.
(c) He tells them that the old man loves to play tricks on his guests.
(d) He says that he is closing the inn and fancies himself a country gentleman.
2. Who comes to visit Kate as she is contemplating the evening and meeting Marlow?
(a) The maid with a glass of milk.
(b) Mrs. Hardcastle wanting to know what her husband told Kate.
(c) Constance Neville, her best friend.
(d) Tony Lumpkin, her stepbrother.
3. Giving up on following Tony's directions, what does Marlow do?
(a) He suggests they return to London.
(b) He tells Hastings that this is why he never stopped to ask directions.
(c) He says they can sleep in the carriage.
(d) He asks the landlord for a room for the night.
4. What is Mr. Hardcastle's response to Mrs. Hardcastle's complaining that he only likes old things.
(a) He says she knows he just bought a new horse.
(b) He says she thinks anything bought last month is old.
(c) He says she will have to own that he is pretty fond of an old wife.
(d) He says she just does not know the value of antiques.
5. What does Tony warn them of once they get to the inn?
(a) The owner will warn them about touching his daughter.
(b) The owner will want to sit and talk with them.
(c) The owner will introduce them to his talkative wife.
(d) The food will be very bad.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mrs. Hardcastle tries to get Tony to say home one night, where is he planning to go?
2. What does the landlord say about available accommodations?
3. What hinders Marlow from seeking a wife?
4. What is Tony looking forward to in the near future?
5. What reaction does Marlow and Hastings have about the mansion they suppose is an inn?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)