|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Giving up on following Tony's directions, what does Marlow do?
(a) He tells Hastings that this is why he never stopped to ask directions.
(b) He asks the landlord for a room for the night.
(c) He suggests they return to London.
(d) He says they can sleep in the carriage.
2. What suggestion is made that the landlady might do?
(a) Let them share her bed.
(b) Give them three chairs and a bolster in front of the fireplace.
(c) Order them out of her house.
(d) Make them a bed on the pub floor.
3. What sort of sales pitch does Mr. Hardcastle make to his daughter?
(a) He offers to send her to the university.
(b) He wants her to learn to cook.
(c) He praises a young man who is coming to visit.
(d) He begs her to spend less on clothes.
4. What hinders Marlow from seeking a wife?
(a) Going through the terrors of a formal courtship.
(b) His preference for barmaids.
(c) He fears he cannot endure an arranged marriage.
(d) He has no one to arrange a marriage for him.
5. What has Kate promised her father about her dress in the evenings?
(a) That she will not wear jewelry in the evenings.
(b) That she will wear a dancing costume in the evenings.
(c) That she will wear simply country housewife clothes.
(d) That she will only dress up in the evenings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to visit Kate as she is contemplating the evening and meeting Marlow?
2. What does Diggory say will be difficult for him?
3. What is Marlow's plan for meeting Kate Hardcastle?
4. What comment does the landlord of the Three Pigeons make about Hardcastle's inn?
5. What is the one thing about the man whose name is Marlow that Kate does not particularly like?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)