|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kate say to Constance about her brother Tony?
(a) She says that Tony fancies he will marry a duchess.
(b) She tells Constance that Tony walks in his sleep.
(c) She says that Tony will do anything to marry Constance.
(d) She says that she could almost love him for hating Constance so.
2. What does Mr. Hardcastle tell his wife when she suggests that Tony is consumptive.
(a) No, wife, his clothes are too large for him.
(b) Yes, if growing fat is one of the symptoms.
(c) Yes, but he won't see a doctor.
(d) No, my dear, he's just in love.
3. What is Mr. Hardcastle's response to Mrs. Hardcastle's complaining that he only likes old things.
(a) He says she will have to own that he is pretty fond of an old wife.
(b) He says she knows he just bought a new horse.
(c) He says she thinks anything bought last month is old.
(d) He says she just does not know the value of antiques.
4. What argument does the subject of age bring up between the Hardcastles?
(a) The leaks in the roof.
(b) The holes in the carpet.
(c) Mrs. Hardcastle's age.
(d) How long they have had the same furniture.
5. Anxious to be off, what does Marlow ask Tony?
(a) Can we purchase some torches here?
(b) Are there any bridges to cross?
(c) How much do you think they will charge?
(d) We are to turn right, did you say?
Short Answer Questions
1. What suggestion is made that the landlady might do?
2. What has Kate promised her father about her dress in the evenings?
3. Why is Mrs. Hardcastle trying to make a match between Tony and Constance?
4. What does Mr. Hardcastle say the neighbors bring back from their trips to town?
5. Giving up on following Tony's directions, what does Marlow do?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)