|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tony looking forward to in the near future?
(a) Being presented at court.
(b) Getting even with Kate for standing between him and Constance.
(c) Coming into his inheritance of 1,500 pounds a year.
(d) Going abraod for an extended vacation.
2. Before offering to give directions to Marlow and Hastings, what does Tony want to know?
(a) If they have servants traveling with them.
(b) If they have an invitation to the Hardcastle mansion.
(c) If they need to see Hardcastle right away.
(d) If they know where they are and how they got there.
3. What suggestion is made that the landlady might do?
(a) Give them three chairs and a bolster in front of the fireplace.
(b) Order them out of her house.
(c) Make them a bed on the pub floor.
(d) Let them share her bed.
4. What does Mr. Hardcastle tell his wife when she suggests that Tony is consumptive.
(a) No, my dear, he's just in love.
(b) Yes, if growing fat is one of the symptoms.
(c) Yes, but he won't see a doctor.
(d) No, wife, his clothes are too large for him.
5. What does Tony do when he discovers that Marlow and Hastings are hopelessly lost?
(a) He offers to go with them to show the way.
(b) He gives them long, complicated directions to Hardcastle mansion.
(c) He tells them no one in those parts know a Mr. Hardcastle.
(d) He sends them headed back toward London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing about the man whose name is Marlow that Kate does not particularly like?
2. What is Tony's one word admonition to the landlord of the pub?
3. Giving up on following Tony's directions, what does Marlow do?
4. When Kate agrees to accept the young man if he asks for her hand, how does her father tease her?
5. What names has Mr. Hardcastle been calling Tony for almost a year?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)