|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tony warn them of once they get to the inn?
(a) The owner will want to sit and talk with them.
(b) The owner will introduce them to his talkative wife.
(c) The owner will warn them about touching his daughter.
(d) The food will be very bad.
2. What names has Mr. Hardcastle been calling Tony for almost a year?
(a) Whelp and hound.
(b) Fat and sassy.
(c) Dumb and dirty.
(d) Pigeon lover and turkey neck.
3. What is Mrs. Hardcastle's complaint with her husband?
(a) He doesn't dress for dinner.
(b) They do not travel to town now and then.
(c) They never have company come to the house.
(d) He has no taste in furniture.
4. What suggestion is made that the landlady might do?
(a) Give them three chairs and a bolster in front of the fireplace.
(b) Make them a bed on the pub floor.
(c) Let them share her bed.
(d) Order them out of her house.
5. What is Tony's composition he leads at the Three Pigeons?
(a) A raunchy limerick.
(b) A pledge of allegiance.
(c) An epic poem.
(d) A drinking song.
Short Answer Questions
1. What argument does the subject of age bring up between the Hardcastles?
2. Why is Mrs. Hardcastle trying to make a match between Tony and Constance?
3. When Marlow and Hastings enter the Three Pigeons, Marlow is complaining about the distance they came. What does Hastings say?
4. When Mrs. Hardcastle tries to get Tony to say home one night, where is he planning to go?
5. What does Tony do when he discovers that Marlow and Hastings are hopelessly lost?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)