|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What names has Mr. Hardcastle been calling Tony for almost a year?
(a) Fat and sassy.
(b) Whelp and hound.
(c) Pigeon lover and turkey neck.
(d) Dumb and dirty.
2. What is Tony's composition he leads at the Three Pigeons?
(a) A drinking song.
(b) A raunchy limerick.
(c) A pledge of allegiance.
(d) An epic poem.
3. What does Tony warn them of once they get to the inn?
(a) The owner will warn them about touching his daughter.
(b) The food will be very bad.
(c) The owner will introduce them to his talkative wife.
(d) The owner will want to sit and talk with them.
4. What is Mrs. Hardcastle's complaint with her husband?
(a) They do not travel to town now and then.
(b) They never have company come to the house.
(c) He doesn't dress for dinner.
(d) He has no taste in furniture.
5. What is Mr. Hardcastle's response to Mrs. Hardcastle's complaining that he only likes old things.
(a) He says she will have to own that he is pretty fond of an old wife.
(b) He says she just does not know the value of antiques.
(c) He says she knows he just bought a new horse.
(d) He says she thinks anything bought last month is old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Hardcastle tell his wife when she suggests that Tony is consumptive.
2. Before offering to give directions to Marlow and Hastings, what does Tony want to know?
3. Why is Mrs. Hardcastle trying to make a match between Tony and Constance?
4. As the play opens, who are the two characters who enter from the right?
5. What comment does Mr. Hardcastle make to his daughter, Kate, seeing her dressed in the latest fashion.
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)