|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Marlow and Hastings enter the Three Pigeons, Marlow is complaining about the distance they came. What does Hastings say?
(a) It was because he forgot his top hat and had to go back for it.
(b) It was because a wheel broke on the carriage and they had to haul it to London.
(c) It was because he would not stop and ask directions.
(d) It was because they had no roadmap to the Hardcastle estate.
2. Giving up on following Tony's directions, what does Marlow do?
(a) He suggests they return to London.
(b) He says they can sleep in the carriage.
(c) He tells Hastings that this is why he never stopped to ask directions.
(d) He asks the landlord for a room for the night.
3. Why is Tony suddenly brave enough to play a prank on Hardcastle and his guests.
(a) His mother will defend him.
(b) He is soon to come into his inheritance.
(c) He has grown much larger than Hardcastle.
(d) He is leaving for Europe soon.
4. What is Tony looking forward to in the near future?
(a) Getting even with Kate for standing between him and Constance.
(b) Being presented at court.
(c) Coming into his inheritance of 1,500 pounds a year.
(d) Going abraod for an extended vacation.
5. What is Mrs. Hardcastle's complaint with her husband?
(a) They never have company come to the house.
(b) They do not travel to town now and then.
(c) He has no taste in furniture.
(d) He doesn't dress for dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comment does the landlord of the Three Pigeons make about Hardcastle's inn?
2. Why is Mrs. Hardcastle trying to make a match between Tony and Constance?
3. What has Kate promised her father about her dress in the evenings?
4. What does the landlord say about available accommodations?
5. What argument does the subject of age bring up between the Hardcastles?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)