|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Constance attempt to do?
(a) Get Tony to read the letter later.
(b) Pour water on the letter so that the ink runs.
(c) Get Mrs. Hardcastle away by telling her a story about Tony.
(d) Knock the letter into the fireplace.
2. What does Kate convince her father to do?
(a) Let her have her fun with Marlow before telling him who she is.
(b) Give her time to prove that Marlow really is a modest gentleman.
(c) Invite Marlow to return to the house as often as he likes.
(d) Help her make Marlow make a fool of himself.
3. Why can't Hastings explain the problem of giving the jewels to Mrs. Hardcastle?
(a) Marlow still doesn't know they are in Hardcastle's house.
(b) Marlow will do something violent if he finds out what he did.
(c) Marlow will be angry that Hastings did not tell him what was in the casket.
(d) He has to tell Constance first.
4. What does Tony warn them of once they get to the inn?
(a) The owner will introduce them to his talkative wife.
(b) The owner will warn them about touching his daughter.
(c) The food will be very bad.
(d) The owner will want to sit and talk with them.
5. What does Mr. Hardcastle say the neighbors bring back from their trips to town?
(a) Bills and bad dispositions.
(b) Useless furniture and ugly paintings.
(c) Vanity and affectation.
(d) Things for which they have no use.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anxious to be off, what does Marlow ask Tony?
2. What does Mrs. Hardcastle think when she catches Tony and Constance together?
3. What is Marlow's experience with proper young ladies?
4. Why does Marlow insist the house is his?
5. What does Tony do when he discovers that Marlow and Hastings are hopelessly lost?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)