|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Mrs. Hardcastle insist will be the time for Constance to wear jewels?
(a) Only when she's presented at court.
(b) When she is in her forties and her beauty needs repairing.
(c) Only when she has paste copies of them.
(d) They are for looking at and not for wearing.
2. Where is Mr. Hardcastle while Mrs. Hardcastle is leaving with Constance?
(a) He is laughing with Sir Charles over the joke that was played on young Marlow.
(b) He is out looking for Kate.
(c) He is in the pantry eating a second breakfast.
(d) He is trying to find Marlow and put him at ease.
3. Giving up on following Tony's directions, what does Marlow do?
(a) He tells Hastings that this is why he never stopped to ask directions.
(b) He asks the landlord for a room for the night.
(c) He suggests they return to London.
(d) He says they can sleep in the carriage.
4. What does Mrs. Hardcastle promise to give Constance right away?
(a) A wedding dress.
(b) A trip to her aunt's house in London.
(c) The jewels.
(d) Her garnets.
5. When Mrs. Hardcastle drags herself to where Tony is, what does he try to make her believe?
(a) The road to London had washed out in a flash flood.
(b) They are near London and should get help getting the carriage out of the pond.
(c) It was her fault for insisting on leaving in the middle of the night.
(d) The horses were trained to find the way home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hardcastle does not recognize the insults at first and attempts to do what?
2. What is Tony's condition when he finally appears?
3. What is in the letter?
4. Why does Mr. Hardcastle not go back into the house?
5. What does Mrs. Hardcastle say their mansion looks like?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)