|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sir Charles say will happen if what Kate has said turns out to be true?
(a) He will allow Hardcastle to chastize his son.
(b) He will confront his son with a pistol.
(c) He will send his son to an asylum.
(d) All his happiness with his son shall come to an end.
2. As soon as Hardcastle is out of sight, what do the servants begin saying?
(a) They say the master has lost his mind.
(b) They say they are going back to their old jobs.
(c) None of them can remember his or her job.
(d) They begin arguing over which one is most important.
3. Who comes up with a plan to save the day?
4. What does Marlow tell Hardcastle about his servants.
(a) He will discipline them harshly.
(b) They are under his orders to drink as much as they can.
(c) They are just playing drunk for some fun.
(d) They are his father's servants and he cannot control them.
5. How does Marlow say he saw Kate?
(a) He saw her without emotion and parted without regret.
(b) He saw her as a simple-minded gold digger.
(c) He saw her as a witless girl.
(d) He saw her only as a bonnet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hardcastle assume from Kate's comments about Marlow?
2. What does Kate convince her father to do?
3. Tony thinks Constance has not read all of the letter, so what does he do?
4. Anxious to be off, what does Marlow ask Tony?
5. How do Hastings and Marlow continue to ignore Hardcastle?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)