|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Hardcastle attempting to do with his servants?
(a) Get them to work for less money.
(b) Teach them how to walk.
(c) Train them for fine service before Marlow arrives.
(d) Measure them for new uniforms.
2. What does the landlord say about available accommodations?
(a) He says they are welcome to sleep in the barn.
(b) He says there is only one bed with three men in it already.
(c) He says they can sit down and put their heads on a table.
(d) He says they can have the bridal suite.
3. When Kate agrees to accept the young man if he asks for her hand, how does her father tease her?
(a) He says that as her father he might not give his consent.
(b) He says that it's more than an even wager that he won't have her.
(c) He says that the young man may be deformed in some way.
(d) He says that the young man might be mentally retarded.
4. Where does Diggory say he learned how to hold his hands?
(a) In church.
(b) In prison.
(c) In the militia.
(d) In the university.
5. How does Mrs. Hardcastle react to Tony's flippant attitude toward her?
(a) She falls into his arms crying.
(b) She slaps him.
(c) She storms out of the room.
(d) She calls him a blockhead.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hardcastle say the servants are like their betters?
2. What is Tony's condition when he finally appears?
3. What has Tony done with his mother and Constance?
4. Who comes up with a plan to save the day?
5. What is Hastings' double entendre about the calf brains on the menu?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)