|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Marlow so sure that Kate will surrender herself to him?
(a) Her eyes tell him that she is interested in him.
(b) She sent him a note to meet her later.
(c) She invited him up to see her embroidery which he takes as a sexual meaning.
(d) She is toying with him by not allowing him to kiss her.
2. How many times does Marlow insist he had an interview with Kate?
(b) Three or four.
(c) Only two.
3. When Kate arrives, how does her testimony conflict with young Marlow's?
(a) She says that they never met.
(b) She says that he proposed marriage and she turned him down.
(c) She says that he insulted her.
(d) She says that they have met many times.
4. What does Tony suggest to Hastings?
(a) Wait until Mrs. Hardcastle falls alseep from exhaustion and then get Constance.
(b) Go collect Constance and bring Mr. Hardcastle along.
(c) Get his horses, go to the pond for Constance, and ride away.
(d) Go and bargain with Mrs. Hardcastle or you will leave her in the pond.
5. What does Mr. Hardcastle tell his wife when she suggests that Tony is consumptive.
(a) No, wife, his clothes are too large for him.
(b) Yes, if growing fat is one of the symptoms.
(c) No, my dear, he's just in love.
(d) Yes, but he won't see a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Hardcastle not recognize as Tony and Constance banter back and forth?
2. What is Tony's problem with the letter?
3. What is Constance resolved to do at this point?
4. After the meal problem is settled, what demands do Marlow and Hastings make?
5. What is Kate's response as Marlow moves closer to her?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)