|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hardcastle runs into Marlow, why is he upset?
(a) Marlow's servants are getting drunk in Hardcastle's wine cellar.
(b) Marlows servants are causing fights in the servants' quarters.
(c) Marlow's servants are chasing Hardcastle's servant girls.
(d) Marlow has not paid his room rent.
2. Who puts Marlow straight about the house?
(c) Miss Hardcastle.
3. When Marlow finally does look at Kate as a barmaid, what changes in his speech?
(a) He pauses trying to remember who she is.
(b) He becomes quite flirtatious.
(c) He orders a sandwich.
(d) He starts stammering again.
4. What sort of sales pitch does Mr. Hardcastle make to his daughter?
(a) He offers to send her to the university.
(b) He wants her to learn to cook.
(c) He praises a young man who is coming to visit.
(d) He begs her to spend less on clothes.
5. What does Marlow tell Kate the barmaid his name is?
(a) Mr. Hastings.
(b) Mr. Solomons.
(c) Mr. Rattles.
(d) Mr. Danbury.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so amusing about the way Kate and her father describe Marlow?
2. When Hardcastle enters the room, how does Marlow indicate he is dismissed?
3. When Marlow enters, who gets the blame for all the trouble in the house?
4. How does Hardcastle give Marlow a hard time?
5. What does Tony come running into the room to announce?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)