|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the meal problem is settled, what demands do Marlow and Hastings make?
(a) That their bed chambers are aired out properly.
(b) That new mattresses be placed on their beds.
(c) That their beds are positioned facing East.
(d) That they go see to the making of their beds.
2. What do Hastings and Marlow believe?
(a) That Hardcastle can tell them which way to go to find Kate.
(b) That they might stay over one more night.
(c) That what Tony told them about the innkeeper is true.
(d) That they must get away from Hardcastle.
3. What hinders Marlow from seeking a wife?
(a) Going through the terrors of a formal courtship.
(b) His preference for barmaids.
(c) He fears he cannot endure an arranged marriage.
(d) He has no one to arrange a marriage for him.
4. What is the one thing about the man whose name is Marlow that Kate does not particularly like?
(a) He father says that Marlow takes snuff.
(b) He father says that Marlow occasionally drinks too much.
(c) Her father says Marlow is reserved and shy.
(d) Her father says that Marlow is reputed to be quite vain.
5. How does Hardcastle finally get the attention of Marlow and Hastings?
(a) By mentioning sex.
(b) By firing a pistol.
(c) By talking louder.
(d) By kicking them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hardcastle does not recognize the insults at first and attempts to do what?
2. What is Marlow's reaction when he sees the menu for the night's supper?
3. How interested is Hardcastle in politics?
4. When Hardcastle enters the room, how does Marlow indicate he is dismissed?
5. What refreshment does Marlow ask of Hardcastle?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)