|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment does Mr. Hardcastle make to his daughter, Kate, seeing her dressed in the latest fashion.
(a) The indigent world could be clothed out of the trimmings of the vain.
(b) What is wrong with the simple country dress?
(c) There's enough silk in that gown to make two.
(d) Have you turned to be like Mrs. Hardcastle?
2. How is the scene in the Three Pigeons a satire on sentimental comedy?
(a) The characters serve as a chorus as in Greek comedy.
(b) The characters are all commoners and not genteel.
(c) The sentiments are only on drinking.
(d) The dialogue is high toned.
3. What does the landlord say about available accommodations?
(a) He says they can have the bridal suite.
(b) He says they can sit down and put their heads on a table.
(c) He says they are welcome to sleep in the barn.
(d) He says there is only one bed with three men in it already.
4. What happens when Hardcastle hears a coach drive up in front of the house?
(a) He runs to sit down in the living room.
(b) He hurries out to greet Marlow.
(c) He rushes the servants through their jobs one more time.
(d) He thinks it is the mail coach.
5. What refreshment does Marlow ask of Hardcastle?
(a) A glass of warm punch.
(b) A gin and tonic.
(c) An Irish whisky.
(d) Milk and biscuits.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hardcastle finally get the attention of Marlow and Hastings?
2. What funny comment does Hardcastle make to the audience about the behavior of Marlow and Hastings?
3. What does Mr. Hardcastle tell his wife when she suggests that Tony is consumptive.
4. As soon as Hardcastle is out of sight, what do the servants begin saying?
5. What does Tony do when he discovers that Marlow and Hastings are hopelessly lost?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)