|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tony's one word admonition to the landlord of the pub?
(d) Don't forget!
2. What dichotomy does Marlow bewail?
(a) Lower class women do not expect marriage like the upper class.
(b) An impudent man may fake modesty, but a modest man cannot fake impudence.
(c) Low class women are not bound by the reserve of upper class women.
(d) You cannot pay upper class women the same as you do the lower class.
3. What does Hastings say about Marlow in the company of women of reputation?
(a) He is a trembler looking like he wants to steal out of the room.
(b) He gets grand and ignores the women.
(c) He puts on airs that the women can see right through.
(d) He turns red and cannot speak.
4. What has Kate promised her father about her dress in the evenings?
(a) That she will only dress up in the evenings.
(b) That she will not wear jewelry in the evenings.
(c) That she will wear simply country housewife clothes.
(d) That she will wear a dancing costume in the evenings.
5. What reaction does Marlow and Hastings have about the mansion they suppose is an inn?
(a) It is well-looking and credible.
(b) It looks too much like a regular house.
(c) It has fallen into a state of ruin.
(d) It is better than they had hoped for.
Short Answer Questions
1. Seeing the good furniture, what does Hasting fear?
2. What is Mr. Hardcastle attempting to do with his servants?
3. What does Tony tell Marlow and Hastings about the owner of the inn?
4. Before offering to give directions to Marlow and Hastings, what does Tony want to know?
5. What suggestion is made that the landlady might do?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)