|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Hardcastle trying to make a match between Tony and Constance?
(a) Tony has never been able to attract a woman.
(b) Constance inherited a fortune in jewels.
(c) Tony needs to settle down before he gets too old.
(d) Constance stands to inherit a title.
2. What comment does Mr. Hardcastle make to his daughter, Kate, seeing her dressed in the latest fashion.
(a) Have you turned to be like Mrs. Hardcastle?
(b) There's enough silk in that gown to make two.
(c) What is wrong with the simple country dress?
(d) The indigent world could be clothed out of the trimmings of the vain.
3. What does Mr. Hardcastle call his home?
(a) Inn and Out.
(b) Liberty Hall.
(c) Hardcastle Castle.
(d) Upson Downs.
4. Of what does Marlow envy Hastings?
(a) His ability to play the lute and sing.
(b) His skill at writing love poems.
(c) His wealth and title.
(d) His ability to captivate any woman.
5. What does Hardcastle say about the servants overhearing one of his funny stories?
(a) They must laugh uproarously to get the guests laughing, too.
(b) They must not comment on how many times they have heard the story.
(c) They must not laugh out loud.
(d) They must correct him if he gets parts of them wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hardcastle enters the room, how does Marlow indicate he is dismissed?
2. How is the scene in the Three Pigeons a satire on sentimental comedy?
3. What suggestion is made that the landlady might do?
4. Seeing the good furniture, what does Hasting fear?
5. What joke does Tony play on Hastings and Marlow?.
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)