|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hardcastle runs into Marlow, why is he upset?
(a) Marlows servants are causing fights in the servants' quarters.
(b) Marlow's servants are chasing Hardcastle's servant girls.
(c) Marlow's servants are getting drunk in Hardcastle's wine cellar.
(d) Marlow has not paid his room rent.
2. What does Kate let Marlow believe she is.
(a) Tony Lumpkin's cousin.
(b) A poor relation working for Mr. Hardcastle.
(c) Mrs. Hardcastle's personal servant.
(d) The house barmaid.
3. After the meal problem is settled, what demands do Marlow and Hastings make?
(a) That their bed chambers are aired out properly.
(b) That they go see to the making of their beds.
(c) That their beds are positioned facing East.
(d) That new mattresses be placed on their beds.
4. Does Mr. Hardcastle think he might change his mind about Marlow?
(a) No, because he will not give him a chance to apologize.
(b) Yes, because Kate might end up being an old maid.
(c) Yes, if Sir Charles comes and straightens his son out.
(d) No, he trusts his first impression.
5. How do Hastings and Marlow continue to ignore Hardcastle?
(a) By keeping their backs to him.
(b) By discussing what to wear before they go on to meet Kate and Constance.
(c) By going to look out of the window.
(d) By talking loudly to each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Seeing the good furniture, what does Hasting fear?
2. Why does Hastings say they must hurry if they plan to elope?
3. What has been established for Hastings in Act 3?
4. What is Tony's composition he leads at the Three Pigeons?
5. Anxious to be off, what does Marlow ask Tony?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)