|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tony come running into the room to announce?
(a) That he has Constance's jewels to give her.
(b) That his mother will not release the jewels.
(c) That he overheard Hastings and Constance planning an elopement.
(d) That the barn is on fire.
2. How interested is Hardcastle in politics?
(a) He is an avid follower of politics.
(b) He is an avid Liberal.
(c) Not at all because it frets him.
(d) He favors the Tories.
3. When Hardcastle runs into Marlow, why is he upset?
(a) Marlow's servants are chasing Hardcastle's servant girls.
(b) Marlow's servants are getting drunk in Hardcastle's wine cellar.
(c) Marlows servants are causing fights in the servants' quarters.
(d) Marlow has not paid his room rent.
4. When Marlow and Hastings enter the Three Pigeons, Marlow is complaining about the distance they came. What does Hastings say?
(a) It was because he forgot his top hat and had to go back for it.
(b) It was because they had no roadmap to the Hardcastle estate.
(c) It was because he would not stop and ask directions.
(d) It was because a wheel broke on the carriage and they had to haul it to London.
5. Tired of humoring Hardcastle, what blunder does Marlow make?
(a) He offers Hardcastle a tip for the punch.
(b) He demands to be taken to the dining room.
(c) He orders Hardcastle to unpack his bags.
(d) He demands to know what's for supper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the landlord say about available accommodations?
2. Who is Hardcastle reminded of when he hears the word retreat?
3. What is Tony looking forward to in the near future?
4. What does Tony urge his mother to tell Constance about the jewels?
5. What does Tony do when he discovers that Marlow and Hastings are hopelessly lost?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)