|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Marlow so sure that Kate will surrender herself to him?
(a) She sent him a note to meet her later.
(b) She is toying with him by not allowing him to kiss her.
(c) Her eyes tell him that she is interested in him.
(d) She invited him up to see her embroidery which he takes as a sexual meaning.
2. When Hardcastle cannot stand any more, what does he do?
(a) He challenges Marlow to a duel.
(b) He gets drunk himself.
(c) He orders Marlow to leave his house.
(d) He sends for the sheriff.
3. Mr. Hardcastle is furious with Marlow. What does he say out loud to himself about the young man?
(a) That he cannot understand Sir Charles playing such a joke on him.
(b) He is the most impudent piece of brass that ever spoke with a tongue.
(c) That he should run him off with a pitchfork.
(d) That he must not let Kate meet the young man.
4. Who puts Marlow straight about the house?
(d) Miss Hardcastle.
5. What does Kate say about Marlow?
(a) That she expected something extraordinary and she was quite surprised by him.
(b) That he appeared to be a simpleton.
(c) That he was rude and callous and she wanted him to go away.
(d) That she didn't know he was Hastings' best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hastings say they must hurry if they plan to elope?
2. What does Tony do when he discovers that Marlow and Hastings are hopelessly lost?
3. Of what does Marlow envy Hastings?
4. How does Hardcastle finally get the attention of Marlow and Hastings?
5. What is Hardcastle's toast after passing out the punch?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)