|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Hardcastle attempting to do with his servants?
(a) Teach them how to walk.
(b) Train them for fine service before Marlow arrives.
(c) Get them to work for less money.
(d) Measure them for new uniforms.
2. What does Diggory say will be difficult for him?
(a) To keep his hands off the sherry.
(b) To walk without tripping over his feet.
(c) To see people eating at the table and not be able to eat himself.
(d) To speak in a refined manner.
3. What refreshment does Marlow ask of Hardcastle?
(a) A glass of warm punch.
(b) An Irish whisky.
(c) A gin and tonic.
(d) Milk and biscuits.
4. Why does Hastings say they must hurry if they plan to elope?
(a) Because young Marlow will discover his mistake and be angry.
(b) Because everyone will be watching closely when Sir Charles arrives.
(c) Because Sir Charles knows Hastings and would say too much.
(d) Because there will be guards when Sir Charles arrives.
5. What is Tony's reply when Hastings asks how he managed to get the jewels?
(a) I told her I would keep them in my vault.
(b) I said if she gave me the jewels I'd marry Constance.
(c) I told her you and Constance wer trying to find them and I should hide them for her.
(d) Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no fibs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What admonition does Hardcastle give the servants for when guests arrive?
2. What does Hardcastle assume from Kate's comments about Marlow?
3. What is Marlow's plan for meeting Kate Hardcastle?
4. Hardcastle does not recognize the insults at first and attempts to do what?
5. What is Hardcastle's reaction when Kate enters the room?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)