|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What joke does Tony play on Hastings and Marlow?.
(a) He gives them directions to Hardcastle's house but tells them it is an inn.
(b) He sends someone out to loosen the reins on their horses.
(c) He tells them that Hardcastle and his daughter have gone to Paris.
(d) He puts something in their ale that will put them to sleep.
2. What is Mrs. Hardcastle's state of mind when she returns to the living room?
(a) She is smug because she thinks she has defeated Constance.
(b) She is happy because she is giving her garnets to Constance.
(c) She is nervous because she can't find the key to her bureau.
(d) She is hysterical believing the jewels to have been stolen.
3. What funny comment does Hardcastle make to the audience about the behavior of Marlow and Hastings?
(a) No wonder Sir Charles was anxious to send his son to the country.
(b) It may be modern modesty but looks like old-fashioned impudence.
(c) If he were not Sir Charles' son, I'd send him packing.
(d) Next thing he'll want me to fluff his pillows.
4. How is Mr. Hardcastle astonished by Kate's conversation?
(a) She says Marlow was timid and had a bashful manner.
(b) She says that Marlow is the very image of a grand gentleman.
(c) She says that Marlow was as much a gentleman as Hastings.
(d) She says that Marlow spoke well and was very courteous.
5. Who puts Marlow straight about the house?
(a) Miss Hardcastle.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hardcastle cannot stand any more, what does he do?
2. What does Tony do when he discovers that Marlow and Hastings are hopelessly lost?
3. What is Marlow's plan for meeting Kate Hardcastle?
4. What is Hardcastle's reaction when Kate enters the room?
5. How interested is Hardcastle in politics?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)