|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hardcastle reminded of when he hears the word retreat?
(a) General Custer.
(b) The Earl of Bath.
(c) The Duke of Marlborough.
(d) Napoleon Bonepart.
2. Tired of humoring Hardcastle, what blunder does Marlow make?
(a) He orders Hardcastle to unpack his bags.
(b) He demands to be taken to the dining room.
(c) He demands to know what's for supper.
(d) He offers Hardcastle a tip for the punch.
3. Giving up on following Tony's directions, what does Marlow do?
(a) He tells Hastings that this is why he never stopped to ask directions.
(b) He says they can sleep in the carriage.
(c) He suggests they return to London.
(d) He asks the landlord for a room for the night.
4. What does the landlord say about available accommodations?
(a) He says there is only one bed with three men in it already.
(b) He says they can sit down and put their heads on a table.
(c) He says they can have the bridal suite.
(d) He says they are welcome to sleep in the barn.
5. Anxious to be off, what does Marlow ask Tony?
(a) Can we purchase some torches here?
(b) Are there any bridges to cross?
(c) We are to turn right, did you say?
(d) How much do you think they will charge?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hardcastle say about the servants overhearing one of his funny stories?
2. When does Mrs. Hardcastle insist will be the time for Constance to wear jewels?
3. What do Hastings and Marlow believe?
4. What does the letter from Sir Charles Marlow indicate?
5. What does Tony warn them of once they get to the inn?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)