|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hardcastle enters the room, how does Marlow indicate he is dismissed?
(a) By asking him to go look after their horses.
(b) By saying he will call if he needs anything.
(c) By giving him their breakfast order.
(d) By turning to Hastings and ignoring Hardcastle.
2. What refreshment does Marlow ask of Hardcastle?
(a) A gin and tonic.
(b) Milk and biscuits.
(c) An Irish whisky.
(d) A glass of warm punch.
3. What suggestion is made that the landlady might do?
(a) Give them three chairs and a bolster in front of the fireplace.
(b) Let them share her bed.
(c) Make them a bed on the pub floor.
(d) Order them out of her house.
4. Why does Marlow insist the house is his?
(a) He thinks he has bought the house.
(b) He thinks the real owner will put Hardcastle out.
(c) He thinks the house belongs to his father.
(d) He still thinks it is an inn and that he is paying for everything.
5. What is Tony's reply when Hastings asks how he managed to get the jewels?
(a) I told her I would keep them in my vault.
(b) I told her you and Constance wer trying to find them and I should hide them for her.
(c) I said if she gave me the jewels I'd marry Constance.
(d) Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no fibs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dichotomy does Marlow bewail?
2. What admonition does Hardcastle give the servants for when guests arrive?
3. What happens when Hardcastle asks the servants about serving wine?
4. What is Hardcastle's toast after passing out the punch?
5. Why does Constance not believe that Mrs. Hardcastle has lost her jewels?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)