|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hardcastle reminded of when he hears the word retreat?
(a) Napoleon Bonepart.
(b) The Earl of Bath.
(c) The Duke of Marlborough.
(d) General Custer.
2. What refreshment does Marlow ask of Hardcastle?
(a) Milk and biscuits.
(b) A glass of warm punch.
(c) A gin and tonic.
(d) An Irish whisky.
3. What does Tony volunteer to do as Marlow and Hastings head out the door of the Three Pigeons?
(a) He kicks the landlord of the pub under the table.
(b) He tries hard to contain his laughter.
(c) He tips his hat and wishes them well.
(d) He offers to go out and point the way.
4. What is Hardcastle's reaction when Kate enters the room?
(a) That she will hate him for recommending Marlow to her.
(b) That she must stay in her room until Marlow departs.
(c) He is pleased with the modesty of her dress as they had agreed.
(d) That she must leave at once and go to London.
5. What is Marlow's reaction when he sees the menu for the night's supper?
(a) He does not believe the menu is correct.
(b) He thinks it is rustic food.
(c) He is shocked, thinking it will be expensive.
(d) He cannot eat rich food at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hardcastle say the servants are like their betters?
2. What does Tony warn them of once they get to the inn?
3. What does the letter from Sir Charles Marlow indicate?
4. When Hardcastle enters the room, how does Marlow indicate he is dismissed?
5. What is the one area of agreement between Kate and Mr. Hardcastle about Marlow?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)