|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Hardcastle attempting to do with his servants?
(a) Teach them how to walk.
(b) Train them for fine service before Marlow arrives.
(c) Measure them for new uniforms.
(d) Get them to work for less money.
2. As soon as Hardcastle is out of sight, what do the servants begin saying?
(a) They say the master has lost his mind.
(b) They say they are going back to their old jobs.
(c) None of them can remember his or her job.
(d) They begin arguing over which one is most important.
3. What does Hardcastle say about the servants overhearing one of his funny stories?
(a) They must not laugh out loud.
(b) They must correct him if he gets parts of them wrong.
(c) They must laugh uproarously to get the guests laughing, too.
(d) They must not comment on how many times they have heard the story.
4. How many times does Marlow insist he had an interview with Kate?
(a) Three or four.
(d) Only two.
5. What does the maid tell Kate that Marlow thinks.
(a) He thinks Kate is the barmaid.
(b) He thinks Miss Neville is Kate.
(c) He thinks he is a fool for coming here.
(d) He thinks it is all a joke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Hardcastle expect from Diggory who was brought into the house from his work in the barn?
2. What information does Hastings' servant give him?
3. Why are Hardcastle and Sir Charles amazed at Marlow's quick departure?
4. Where is Mr. Hardcastle while Mrs. Hardcastle is leaving with Constance?
5. What is Marlow's complaint as he enters the room and finds Kate?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)