|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Marlow runs from the room, how does Hardcastle confront his daughter.
(a) He laughs at the ridiculous scene he just witnessed.
(b) He asks what she is up to.
(c) He shames her for lying to him.
(d) He tells her to go put on her finery.
2. What does Marlow tell Kate the barmaid his name is?
(a) Mr. Rattles.
(b) Mr. Danbury.
(c) Mr. Hastings.
(d) Mr. Solomons.
3. What is Kate's plan for Marlow?
(a) She plans to keep up his delusion.
(b) She plans to pretend to be Kate's sister.
(c) She plans to make Marlow think she loves Hastings.
(d) She plans to trick Marlow into marrying her.
4. What does Hardcastle say that girls like?
(a) To be put in their place.
(b) To be offered expensive jewels.
(c) To be played with and rumpled a little, too.
(d) To think that they are tormenting a man.
5. What hinders Marlow from seeking a wife?
(a) He has no one to arrange a marriage for him.
(b) Going through the terrors of a formal courtship.
(c) His preference for barmaids.
(d) He fears he cannot endure an arranged marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Hardcastle hears a coach drive up in front of the house?
2. What does the maid question about Kate's plan?
3. What is Mr. Hardcastle attempting to do with his servants?
4. What does Diggory say will be difficult for him?
5. What is Marlow's complaint as he enters the room and finds Kate?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)