|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What admonition does Hardcastle give the servants for when guests arrive?
(a) Not to scratch themselves in public.
(b) Not to pop in, stare, and run like scared rabbits.
(c) Not to speak unless spoken to.
(d) Not to ask guests for tips.
2. Who tells Kate that Marlow thinks the house is an inn?
(a) Mr. Hardcastle.
(c) The maid.
3. What does Mr. Hardcastle expect from Diggory who was brought into the house from his work in the barn?
(a) To dance and entertain the guests.
(b) To perform the duties of butler.
(c) To make a show at the side table.
(d) To act as doorman.
4. What is Marlow's experience with proper young ladies?
(a) Hardly no experience with ladies of the upper class.
(b) A lot of experience that always ends badly.
(c) Only experience with his cousins.
(d) None whatsoever because he has been in all-boy schools.
5. What hinders Marlow from seeking a wife?
(a) His preference for barmaids.
(b) He has no one to arrange a marriage for him.
(c) Going through the terrors of a formal courtship.
(d) He fears he cannot endure an arranged marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Marlow runs from the room, how does Hardcastle confront his daughter.
2. How does Marlow ask Kate for a kiss?
3. How many times does Marlow insist he had an interview with Kate?
4. What does Hardcastle tell Kate he plans to do?
5. What is Kate's plan for Marlow?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)