|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kate's plan for Marlow?
(a) She plans to trick Marlow into marrying her.
(b) She plans to make Marlow think she loves Hastings.
(c) She plans to keep up his delusion.
(d) She plans to pretend to be Kate's sister.
2. What does Diggory say will be difficult for him?
(a) To see people eating at the table and not be able to eat himself.
(b) To walk without tripping over his feet.
(c) To keep his hands off the sherry.
(d) To speak in a refined manner.
3. Seeing the good furniture, what does Hasting fear?
(a) That it is an antique shop.
(b) That they will be overcharged for their stay.
(c) That the beds will be hard and uncomfortable.
(d) That this might not be an inn after all.
4. What admonition does Hardcastle give the servants for when guests arrive?
(a) Not to pop in, stare, and run like scared rabbits.
(b) Not to speak unless spoken to.
(c) Not to ask guests for tips.
(d) Not to scratch themselves in public.
5. What does Hardcastle say about the servants overhearing one of his funny stories?
(a) They must correct him if he gets parts of them wrong.
(b) They must not laugh out loud.
(c) They must not comment on how many times they have heard the story.
(d) They must laugh uproarously to get the guests laughing, too.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the maid question about Kate's plan?
2. What does Hastings say about Marlow in the company of women of reputation?
3. What does Marlow do in front of his father?
4. What does Marlow tell Kate the barmaid his name is?
5. What does Mr. Hardcastle expect from Diggory who was brought into the house from his work in the barn?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)