|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marlow say he saw Kate?
(a) He saw her only as a bonnet.
(b) He saw her without emotion and parted without regret.
(c) He saw her as a simple-minded gold digger.
(d) He saw her as a witless girl.
2. What does Tony do when his mother is so upset?
(b) Starts screaming at her for being stupid.
(c) Mocks her.
(d) Pretends she is joking and tells her to keep it up.
3. What is Marlow's plan for meeting Kate Hardcastle?
(a) Bow low, say yes and no, and not look at her face.
(b) Pretend to be a valet servant.
(c) Pretend to be very ill.
(d) Run away before she comes down.
4. Where does Diggory say he learned how to hold his hands?
(a) In prison.
(b) In church.
(c) In the militia.
(d) In the university.
5. What does Marlow do in front of his father?
(a) Demand to see the barmaid.
(b) Asks Mr. Hardcastle's forgiveness one more time.
(c) Rant at the cruelty of his deception.
(d) Offer to pay for any damages done to Hardcastle's property.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marlow conspire to get closer to Kate?
2. What is Marlow's experience with proper young ladies?
3. Why are Hardcastle and Sir Charles amazed at Marlow's quick departure?
4. What happens when Hardcastle asks the servants about serving wine?
5. What dichotomy does Marlow bewail?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)