|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters while Kate is struggling to get her hand away from Marlow?
(a) Lady Betty Blackleg.
(b) Mr. Hardcastle.
(d) Tony Lumpkin.
2. What does the maid tell Kate that Marlow thinks.
(a) He thinks Miss Neville is Kate.
(b) He thinks Kate is the barmaid.
(c) He thinks he is a fool for coming here.
(d) He thinks it is all a joke.
3. When Sir Charles questions Kate, what does she say about his son's behavior toward her?
(a) She says he gave the standard courtship speech and professed his love.
(b) She says he stammered and stuttered and made eyes at her.
(c) She says he pressed her to elope with him.
(d) She says that he talked like he would talk to a barmaid.
4. What is Kate's response as Marlow moves closer to her?
(a) She asks of he thinks she's wearing a mask.
(b) She asks if he is trying to guess her age the way they do horses.
(c) She asks if he is in need of glasses.
(d) She runs behind a large chair.
5. When Marlow finally does look at Kate as a barmaid, what changes in his speech?
(a) He pauses trying to remember who she is.
(b) He orders a sandwich.
(c) He starts stammering again.
(d) He becomes quite flirtatious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Kate that Marlow thinks the house is an inn?
2. What happens when Hardcastle asks the servants about serving wine?
3. Of what does Marlow envy Hastings?
4. What does Tony do when his mother is so upset?
5. When Kate arrives, how does her testimony conflict with young Marlow's?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)