|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dance does Dolores chaperon at Dante's school?
2. What program were Dolores and Mr. Pucci watching the weekend of her mother's death?
3. During their last sessions, what do Dolores and Dr. Shaw decide about her mother?
4. After Dante brings Dolores the television set, what does he say the house smells like?
5. Who is the only person Dolores talks to at her grandmother's funeral?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are the mother figures in Dolores' life (her mother, grandmother, Roberta, Dr. Shaw) different or similar?
Essay Topic 2
How do we see the theme of death playing out in the text? What does death symbolize throughout Dolores' story?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the emotional breakdowns of both Dolores and her mother.
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)