|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After fertility treatments fail, what do Thayer and Dolores decide to do about children?
2. What medium does Dolores use to produce art?
3. At Dolores' wedding, what does her grandmother say makes her sad?
4. What does Dolores call the undertaker at her grandmother's funeral?
5. While dropping off the television set, who does Dante bring to Dolores' house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has Dolores sexuality developed or withered concurrently with her emotional development?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Dolores' close female relationships (Jeanette, Kippy, Dottie, etc.) and determine how these relationships aid or hinder Dolores' development as an adult.
Essay Topic 3
What do whale symbolize both in the text overall and for Dolores as an individual?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)