|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Larry's daughter?
2. How many times has Roberta been married?
3. What does Rita Speight do for a living?
4. What does Mr. Pucci suggest Dolores do?
5. What are the names of Dottie's fish?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dolores react to her mother's nightly walks and why?
2. How does Dolores lose weight while in the mental hospital?
3. Why does Dolores decide to go to college?
4. Why does Dolores want Domingo to invite her to eat with his family so badly?
5. How does Dolores react to her first class at community college?
6. Why does Dolores steal the letters from Dante to Kippy?
7. Describe Dolores' reaction to her mother's death.
8. How does Dottie feel about Dolores?
9. How do both Dolores and Jack react immediately after the rape takes place?
10. What kind of a life does Dolores invent for herself through her letters to Kippy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are the mourning processes that Dolores experiences with her mother and grandmother's deaths similar or different?
Essay Topic 2
How does the rape that Dolores suffers influence her actions later in life?
Essay Topic 3
How do we see the theme of death playing out in the text? What does death symbolize throughout Dolores' story?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)