|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dolores' father do with the nursery furniture after her mother loses the baby?
2. What did Dolores give to her college roommate upon arrival?
3. At Mrs. Masicotte's request, what color does Dolores' father paint his car?
4. What does Rita Speight do for a living?
5. Why does Dolores' grandmother refer to the Pysyk twins as "displaced persons"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Dolores, her mother and her grandmother think of Jack and Rita Speight?
2. How does Dolores react to her mother's nightly walks and why?
3. Why does Dolores steal the letters from Dante to Kippy?
4. What does Dolores' mother accuse her husband of regarding Mrs. Masicotte?
5. What kind of a life does Dolores invent for herself through her letters to Kippy?
6. Describe Dolores and Mr. Pucci's reconnection after she delivers food to his apartment.
7. What evidence does Dolores give the reader of her mother's mental breakdown?
8. Describe the relationship between Dolores and her mother after she comes home from the mental hospital.
9. How does Dolores feel back in her grandmother's house with her grandmother's friends?
10. How do both Dolores and Jack react immediately after the rape takes place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
To what degree do the mental breakdowns of Dolores and her mother intrinsic or extrinsic?
Essay Topic 2
How are the mourning processes that Dolores experiences with her mother and grandmother's deaths similar or different?
Essay Topic 3
How has Dolores sexuality developed or withered concurrently with her emotional development?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)