|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What evidence does Marcia give Naomi for not being prejudiced?
2. What does Dolores experience for the first time while Larry and Ruth are staying with her?
3. After Dolores has the first conversation with her father since moving in with her grandmother, what does she request of her grandmother?
4. Who sees Jack and Dolores together and questions their behavior?
5. What are the names of Dottie's fish?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dolores lose weight while in the mental hospital?
2. Why does Dolores like the television so much?
3. Describe the relationship between Dolores and her mother after she comes home from the mental hospital.
4. How does Dolores react to Mr. Massey's proposition?
5. How does Dolores feel back in her grandmother's house with her grandmother's friends?
6. Why does Dolores decide to go to college?
7. How does Dolores react to her mother's nightly walks and why?
8. Describe Dolores and Mr. Pucci's reconnection after she delivers food to his apartment.
9. What does Dolores think about the religious paraphernalia hanging from Domingos' rear view mirror?
10. Why does Dolores' father leave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Dolores' close female relationships (Jeanette, Kippy, Dottie, etc.) and determine how these relationships aid or hinder Dolores' development as an adult.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Dante as Dolores imagines him through his letters and Dante as Dolores experiences him in their relationship.
Essay Topic 3
How does the theme of motherhood appear throughout the text?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)