|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dolores' roommate cheat on her boyfriend with?
2. Which resident of Hooten Hall had been to Woodstock?
3. Whose song plays in Mr. Pucci's jukebox?
4. Why does Dolores become friends with Norma?
5. What does Dolores take with her when she flees from the dorm before going to Dottie's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the family of the man who hit Dolores' mother send to Dolores and why?
2. How does Dolores react to her first class at community college?
3. Why does Dolores want Domingo to invite her to eat with his family so badly?
4. Why does Dolores call Geneva Sweet while in Cape Cod?
5. What does Dolores find after being entrusted with the opinion book?
6. Why is Mr. Pucci fired from his job at the school?
7. How does Dolores receive the few things that she seeks in the divorce?
8. What is Dolores' emotional reaction to Eric's assault on the dance floor?
9. What sort of behavior does Dolores exhibit after she returns to public high school?
10. Describe Dolores and Dante's wedding.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has Dolores sexuality developed or withered concurrently with her emotional development?
Essay Topic 2
What do whale symbolize both in the text overall and for Dolores as an individual?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the emotional breakdowns of both Dolores and her mother.
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)