|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dolores' mother keep her weight down after returning from the mental hospital?
(d) Bike riding.
2. What secret does Jack confide in Dolores?
(a) He is a poet.
(b) He killed a man.
(c) Rita is pregnant.
(d) He loves Dolores' mother.
3. What does Dolores' grandmother give her immediately after she is raped?
(a) Rosary Beads.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A pregnancy test.
4. What was the purpose of Dolores' week alone with her father?
(a) He wanted to spend some time getting to know Dolores.
(b) He was to tell her that he and her mother were getting divorced.
(c) He was to tell her that the family was moving.
(d) Her mother couldn't bear to look at Dolores any longer.
5. Which resident of Hooten Hall had been to Woodstock?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Dolores' father's girlfriend?
2. What do the dance attendees do while Dolores is being accosted?
3. Who does Dolores' roommate cheat on her boyfriend with?
4. What had Larry's wife, Rita, wanted to name their baby?
5. What does Dolores' mother do instead of attending the interview with the pest control company?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dolores want to go to Cape Cod?
2. How does Dolores react to her mother's nightly walks and why?
3. How does Dolores find Dante when she returns home from work early?
4. What does Roberta propose to Tommy, the owner of China Paradise?
5. What does Dolores find after being entrusted with the opinion book?
6. How does Dolores react to Mr. Massey's proposition?
7. How did Larry and Ruth meet and why did they move?
8. What are Dolores' feelings toward Mrs. Masicotte?
9. How does Dolores receive the few things that she seeks in the divorce?
10. Describe Dolores' reaction to her mother's death.
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)