|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dolores' father move back to New Jersey?
(a) He has broken up with his girlfriend.
(b) He hated the city.
(c) He wants to get back together with Dolores' mother.
(d) He wants to be closer to Dolores.
2. What was the name of Dolores' mother's favorite television program?
(a) Queen for a Day.
(b) Jackie Sullivan Variety Hour.
(c) Father Knows Best.
(d) The Honeymooners.
3. Why does Dolores become friends with Norma?
(a) Norma has a boyfriend.
(b) No one else will befriend her.
(c) She wants to steal her cigarettes.
(d) The Pysyk twins will be angry.
4. Which resident of Hooten Hall had been to Woodstock?
5. What does Rita Speight do for a living?
(a) She is a store clerk.
(b) She is a painter.
(c) She is a teacher.
(d) She is a nurse.
6. How much money did the family of the man who hit Dolores' mother with the car send her?
7. Who does Dolores remember the television delivery men as being?
(a) President Kennedy and John Harvey Oswald.
(b) President Nixon and Vice President Johnson.
(c) President Eisenhower and Vice President Nixon.
(d) Lucille Ball and Ricky Ricardo.
8. What does Larry find growing in Dolores' backyard?
9. While at dinner with the Speights, what kind of a hat does Dolores' Grandmother wear?
(a) A beret.
(b) A cowboy hat.
(c) A sombrero.
(d) A fedora.
10. What does Dolores' mother name her parakeet?
11. According to the dorm president, the girls are to watch out for boys from which college?
(c) Culinary Arts.
12. What is the name of Dolores' college roommate?
(a) Lindsay Carlson.
(b) Kippy Strednicki.
(c) Cissy Lipnicki.
(d) Carly Smithson.
13. What do the dance attendees do while Dolores is being accosted?
(a) Join the assault.
(b) Encourage it.
(c) Stop the assault.
14. What does Mr. Pucci call Dolores?
15. Why does Dolores' grandmother refer to the Pysyk twins as "displaced persons"?
(a) They live in a different neighborhood.
(b) They are outcasts.
(c) They are not Catholic.
(d) They are immigrants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Norma French's boyfriend?
2. Where does Dolores' Grandmother go while the house is being wallpapered?
3. How does Dolores get to Mr. Pucci's house while her Grandmother is on vacation?
4. Why does Dolores' father get her mother the parakeet?
5. What does Dolores take with her when she flees from the dorm before going to Dottie's house?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)