|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While at dinner with the Speights, what kind of a hat does Dolores' Grandmother wear?
(a) A fedora.
(b) A sombrero.
(c) A cowboy hat.
(d) A beret.
2. What does Mr. Pucci suggest Dolores do?
(a) Write a book.
(b) See a psychologist.
(c) Lose weight.
(d) Go to college.
3. Who does Dolores' roommate cheat on her boyfriend with?
4. What was the name of the man who hit Dolores' mother with the car?
(a) Kenny Lamb.
(b) Silas Perkins.
(c) Arthur Music.
(d) Sam King.
5. Why does Dolores invite Larry and his family to spend the night in her Grandmother's house?
(a) Dolores is lonely.
(b) Their apartment has fleas.
(c) She wants them to cook for her.
(d) They are homeless.
6. What behavior does Dolores exhibit concurrently with Jack's rides to and from school?
(a) She writes in her journal.
(b) She overeats.
(c) She cuts herself.
(d) She goes for walks.
7. What is the first thing that Dolores' college roommate says after arriving at the dorm?
(a) The room smells.
(b) She hates Dolores.
(c) She misses her boyfriend.
(d) She forgot the curtains.
8. At Mrs. Masicotte's request, what color does Dolores' father paint his car?
(d) Candy Apple Red.
9. What was the name of Dolores' mother's favorite television program?
(a) Queen for a Day.
(b) The Honeymooners.
(c) Father Knows Best.
(d) Jackie Sullivan Variety Hour.
10. What illness does Dolores claim she suffers from in order to get out of classes in high school?
(d) Stomach problems.
11. What happens to Jack and Rita's baby?
(a) She miscarries.
(b) It is born early.
(c) She gives it up for adoption.
(d) It is born deformed.
12. What does Mr. Pucci's roommate do for a living?
(d) Travel agent.
13. Why does Dolores want to get a ride to school from Jack?
(a) She loves Jack's car.
(b) She wants to get closer to Rita.
(c) She wants to impress the kids at school.
(d) She is tired of walking to school.
14. What do the Pysyk twins accuse Dolores of before they get into the fight in the convenience store?
(a) Being a virgin.
(b) Looking at the dirty magazines.
(c) Being poor.
(d) Having bugs.
15. What was the purpose of Dolores' week alone with her father?
(a) Her mother couldn't bear to look at Dolores any longer.
(b) He was to tell her that he and her mother were getting divorced.
(c) He was to tell her that the family was moving.
(d) He wanted to spend some time getting to know Dolores.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dolores' mother keep her weight down after returning from the mental hospital?
2. On the night that he visits her alone in the house, what part of Dolores' body does Jack tickle?
3. What is the name of Larry's daughter?
4. What does Dolores' roommate's boyfriend include in his last letter to her?
5. What does Dolores' father do with the nursery furniture after her mother loses the baby?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)