|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dolores was a baby, what did her Uncle Eddie call her?
2. Who does Dolores first tell about the rape?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) No one.
3. Whose song plays in Mr. Pucci's jukebox?
(a) Ella Fitzgerald.
(b) Billie Holiday.
(c) Carole King.
(d) The Carpenters.
4. What does the doctor tell Dolores after the physical?
(a) She is insane.
(b) She is too fat.
(c) She can be admitted to college.
(d) Her physical ailments are getting worse.
5. What does Dolores' mother do instead of attending the interview with the pest control company?
(a) Dye her hair.
(b) Visit her ex-husband.
(c) Visit the mental hospital.
(d) Go to a bar.
6. What does Dolores wakes up to while Larry and Ruth are staying with her?
(a) The telephone ringing.
(b) Larry and Ruth sleeping together.
(c) The baby crying.
(d) Larry stealing the television.
7. How does Dolores get to Mr. Pucci's house while her Grandmother is on vacation?
(a) She rides her bike.
(b) The wallpaper man gives her a ride.
(c) She takes the bus.
(d) She takes a cab.
8. What do the Pysyk twins accuse Dolores of before they get into the fight in the convenience store?
(a) Looking at the dirty magazines.
(b) Being a virgin.
(c) Having bugs.
(d) Being poor.
9. Where is Naomi staying the weekend of the dance?
(a) Boston College.
(b) New Jersey.
(c) Her parents' house.
10. What does Dolores' mother paint for her?
(a) A leg with parakeet wings.
(b) A tulip afire.
(c) A portrait of the two.
(d) A swimming pool in the desert.
11. Why does Dolores' father get her mother the parakeet?
(a) The house is too quiet.
(b) She needs company while he is at work.
(c) Her mother loves animals.
(d) Her psychiatrist suggests it.
12. Why does Dolores want to get a ride to school from Jack?
(a) She loves Jack's car.
(b) She is tired of walking to school.
(c) She wants to get closer to Rita.
(d) She wants to impress the kids at school.
13. What secret does Dolores' roommate tell her the night that she arrives home from the hospital?
(a) She and her boyfriend had sex.
(b) She hated her.
(c) She was a virgin.
(d) She was scared.
14. After the rape, to where do the Speights say they are moving?
(b) New York.
(d) They do not tell anyone they are leaving.
15. What is the name of Norma French's boyfriend?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the clerk that Dolores' father bought beers from for Mrs. Masicotte?
2. Who calls Dolores while the girls are listening to Abbey Road in Dolores' dorm room?
3. What did Dolores do after sending letters to her college roommate?
4. Why does Dolores become friends with Norma?
5. What does Dolores take with her when she flees from the dorm before going to Dottie's house?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)