Chapters 1, 2 and 3
• A television is delivered to the house that Dolores and her parents are living in. The year is 1956.
• Dolores is a 4-year-old girl who is at first afraid of the television but is later entranced by it.
• The relationship between Dolores' parents (a house manager/handyman and a housewife) is revealed to be contemptuous and abusive.
• Dolores comes along on Saturdays when her father collects rent and visits Mrs. Masicotte, his boss.
• Dolores entertains herself by teasing Mrs. Masicotte's dog, Zahra, while her father and Mrs. Masicotte talk alone.
• Dolores' mother becomes pregnant but loses the baby in her ninth month.
• After a day at school where her teacher yells at her, Delores is picked up by her Grandmother and told that her mother is in the hospital.
• After her mother comes home, Delores' grandmother stays to help until Dolores says that she hates her, which...
This section contains 2,413 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)