|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Shell Shaker stole vermilion to paint her face, how long did Onatima not acknowledge her?
(b) 15 days.
(c) 8 days.
2. What time is Auda Billy sitting on her bed at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(b) 4 a.m.
(c) 1 a.m.
3. After Auda came home from work in Chapter 2, how many times did she shower?
4. In Chapter 3, where is Adair Billy?
(a) New Orleans.
5. How old are Tema and Bordon Beane in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, how many younger sisters did Grandmother have?
2. When McAlester said he was going to appoint Auda assistant chief, how many white roses did he give her?
3. When did Auda meet Redford McAlester?
4. How far apart in age are Adair and Tema?
5. In Chapter 2, along what highway is the praire fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 4, how does Susan and Auda get out of the jail?
2. What terrible story reached Grandmother's town?
3. What does Isaac do when a reporter tries to interview him about the murder?
4. When Isaac cannot work at his newspaper office, what does he do?
5. What jobs has Tema had, and why did she become an actress?
6. What was life like when Shakbatina's grandmother was young?
7. What Durant town sculpture is missing in Chapter 4?
8. What does Adair do for a living, and how long has she been working at that occupation?
9. Why did Tema and Bordon come to Dallas?
10. What did Tuscalusa, Shakbatina's grandfather, do when he heard the story of the enemy coming?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)