|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nikki Giovanni say is the most important part of friendship?
2. What does Bernadette Mayer want to buy for her friend?
3. What does Yeats fear in A Cradle Song?
4. Why does the person in We Know This Much know that death is not a good thing?
5. What does Kennedy say mothers do to give their children power?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is To Flush, My Dog about?
2. What is Summer at the Beach about?
3. What is Somebody's Mother about?
4. What is Zazen on Ching-t'ing Mountain about?
5. What is The Rhodora about?
6. What is if there are any heavens my mother will(all by herself)have about?
7. What message is sent in Grief?
8. What is Secret Lives about?
9. What is The Poems of Our Climate about?
10. What is Older, Younger, Both about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are the poems in this book separated, and what does this say about the editor?
Essay Topic 2
Solitude was something that Kennedy found very important in her life. Where did she find it, and how did this solitude affect her writing style?
Essay Topic 3
How were the themes of life and death shown together? Why do you think the editor chose to present these themes in tangent with each other?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)