|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote Keeping Things Whole?
2. What does Nikki Giovanni say is the most important part of friendship?
3. What does Jo McDougall invite into her home after a short reprieve?
4. Why can't Bernadette Mayer buy her friend what she wants?
5. What game does Sharon Olds play in Socks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Living about?
2. What is The Book of Ruth, 1:16-17 about?
3. What is The Rhodora about?
4. What is Roses Only about?
5. What is The Widow's Lament in Springtime about?
6. What is if there are any heavens my mother will(all by herself)have about?
7. What is Somebody's Mother about?
8. What is The Poems of Our Climate about?
9. What is The Great Lover about?
10. What is "to my last period" about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the different ideas presented in this book about mother and child relationships?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the main ideas presented about beauty in this book?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the main examples of irony from these poems? How do these moments of irony change the tone of those poems?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)