|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is being written to in Letters from Storyville?
2. How much money a week does the woman in I Want You Woman Up North to Know make?
3. In what form is The Countess of Pembroke's Arcadia written?
4. What does the woman in The Eaten Heart swear to never do again at the end of the poem?
5. What does Emily Dickinson compare herself to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Love's Philosophy about?
2. What is Well I Have Lost You about?
3. What is To Aphrodite of the Flowers, at Knossos about?
4. What is Come to the Orchard in Spring?
5. What is When You Have Forgotten Sunday: the Love Story about?
6. What is My Last Duchess about?
7. What does Proverbs 31:10-31 say?
8. What is Lilacs about?
9. What is Symptom Recital about?
10. Why does Adam say he ate the apple in Paradise Lost?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the different ideas presented in this book about mother and child relationships?
Essay Topic 2
Religion was a theme that was touched on a number of times in this book. Where did this theme appear, and what are some of the different ways this theme was introduced?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the analogies shared in these poems, and what are their deeper meanings?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)