|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of imagery is used in The Passionate Shepherd to His Love?
2. What is being written to in Letters from Storyville?
3. What happens to the fruit in June Light?
4. How does the woman in The Philosopher think she should love?
5. When does true love come about according to Hero and Lysander?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Defining Worlds about?
2. What is After Making Love We Hear Footstep about?
3. What is Worked Late on a Tuesday Night about?
4. What is Having a Coke With You about?
5. What is Youth about?
6. What is What Lips My Lips Have Kissed, and Where and Why about?
7. What is At the Café about?
8. What is To Aphrodite of the Flowers, at Knossos about?
9. What is It Is Marvelous... about?
10. What is When You Have Forgotten Sunday: the Love Story about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the good and bad things listed in this book about marriage?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do these moments affect the tone of those poems?
Essay Topic 3
How were the themes of life and death shown together? Why do you think the editor chose to present these themes in tangent with each other?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)