|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Valentine rhymed with in A Very Valentine?
2. What is the awkward encounter described by Gregory Corso in Marriage?
3. What happens to the fruit in June Light?
4. Who kills the man in The Eaten Heart?
5. What does the man in To His Mistress Going to Bed say a woman needs to cover her at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Code Poem for the French Resistance about?
2. What is Final Soliloquy of the Interior Paramour about?
3. What does Proverbs 31:10-31 say?
4. What is What Lips My Lips Have Kissed, and Where and Why about?
5. What is The Age of Great Vocations about?
6. What is To Aphrodite of the Flowers, at Knossos about?
7. What is The End about?
8. What is Letter from My Wife about?
9. What is To Paula in Late Spring about?
10. What is Well I Have Lost You about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the main examples of irony from these poems? How do these moments of irony change the tone of those poems?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do these moments affect the tone of those poems?
Essay Topic 3
What are the good and bad things listed in this book about marriage?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)