|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dorothy Parker warn women of vowing?
2. What does the woman in Lilacs love most?
3. What is the woman in On Monsieur's Departure unable to cut?
4. What is the deepest secret shared in I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart)?
5. What do female poets often support?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is When We Two Parted about?
2. What is My Last Duchess about?
3. What is After Making Love We Hear Footstep about?
4. What does Proverbs 31:10-31 say?
5. Why does Adam say he ate the apple in Paradise Lost?
6. What is Youth about?
7. What does "You must know that I do not love and that I love you" relate?
8. What is It Is Marvelous... about?
9. What is Little Clown, My Heart about?
10. What is the theme in How Do I Love Thee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What has changed about women's roles in work throughout history, and how are these changes presented in these poems?
Essay Topic 2
Laughter and happiness are common themes found in this book. Where do these come into play, and how are the poems with those themes different from the others in this book?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in these poems, and what are some of the major symbols presented?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)