|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what form is The Countess of Pembroke's Arcadia written?
2. In To My Dear and Loving Husband, how does the woman hope to stay with her husband after death?
3. What was a joy to the mother in Night Waitress?
4. When was Roger McGough with Monika?
5. What is the tone of I Do Not Love Thee?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Youth about?
2. What is Little Clown, My Heart about?
3. What is Well I Have Lost You about?
4. What is Variation on the Word Sleep about?
5. What is The End about?
6. What is Letter from My Wife about?
7. What is the theme in How Do I Love Thee?
8. What is The Age of Great Vocations about?
9. What is What Lips My Lips Have Kissed, and Where and Why about?
10. What is To Paula in Late Spring about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What has changed about women's roles in work throughout history, and how are these changes presented in these poems?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Kennedy have such a strong connection to poetry, and how does this change the selection her poems in this collection?
Essay Topic 3
How does Kennedy deal with the grief in her life, and how has this changed her taste in literature?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)