|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote To Margo?
2. Caroline says falling in love is ______________.
3. To what does the person in Song compare love?
4. Who wrote The Philosopher?
5. What is the second section called?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the theme in How Do I Love Thee?
2. What does "You must know that I do not love and that I love you" relate?
3. What is Code Poem for the French Resistance about?
4. What is Come to the Orchard in Spring?
5. What is To Speak of Woe That Is In Marriage about?
6. What is Little Clown, My Heart about?
7. What is Love's Philosophy about?
8. What is Variation on the Word Sleep about?
9. What is At the Café about?
10. What is Worked Late on a Tuesday Night about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the main examples of irony from these poems? How do these moments of irony change the tone of those poems?
Essay Topic 2
What are the different ideas about making love stated in the poems in this book?
Essay Topic 3
How were the themes of life and death shown together? Why do you think the editor chose to present these themes in tangent with each other?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)