|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elizabeth Barrett Browning say we should suffer grief?
2. What game does Sharon Olds play in Socks?
(a) Astronaut Landing.
(b) Ninja Death.
(c) Storm Troopers.
(d) Dinosar Dance.
3. How does Kennedy describe the relationship women have with beauty?
4. Who is described in the first poem of the section on beauty?
(a) Mary Magdalene.
(b) Jackie Kennedy.
5. When does the heart go forth in The Heart of a Woman?
(a) The dawn.
(b) The pitch dark of night.
(c) The high noon.
(d) The sunset.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in each stanza of Nobody Knows But Mother?
2. Who wrote We Know This Much?
3. What is the main concern for the couple in Death, Etc.?
4. What happens to George Santayana after the death of his wife?
5. What choices does Kennedy say are the most important?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is The Book of Ruth, 1:16-17 about?
2. What is Zazen on Ching-t'ing Mountain about?
3. What is When One Has Lived a Long Time Alone about?
4. What is To Flush, My Dog about?
5. What is The Poems of Our Climate about?
6. What is The Widow's Lament in Springtime about?
7. What does the narrator of Remember want?
8. What is I Stepped from Plank to Plank about?
9. What is Living about?
10. What is Older, Younger, Both about?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)