|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What degrades one in As Much As You Can?
(a) Lack of schooling.
(b) A bad relationship.
(c) Lack of solitude.
2. How does Kennedy describe the person she talks about in the introduction to beauty?
(a) A compassionate soul.
(b) A mind ahead of her time.
(c) A trendsetter.
(d) A loud voice.
3. Who does Kennedy say faces the greatest challenge in life?
(a) Those who have nobody to let go of.
(b) Those who involuntarily reach solitude.
(c) Those who never become independent.
(d) Those who never let go.
4. What helped Kennedy's mother deal with the losses in her life?
5. What does Jo McDougall invite into her home after a short reprieve?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sharon Olds feel about her son in Socks?
2. What brought about early bedtime in Grown-up?
3. Who does Marianne Moore say feed most on solitude?
4. What does Nikki Giovanni say is the most important part of friendship?
5. What must be put away during the most solemn industry according to Emily Dickinson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Magnificat about?
2. What is The Rhodora about?
3. What is Roses Only about?
4. What does the narrator of Remember want?
5. What is Zazen on Ching-t'ing Mountain about?
6. What is The Dream That I Told My Mother-in-Law about?
7. What is "to my last period" about?
8. What is Patterns about?
9. What is Somebody's Mother about?
10. What is Living about?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)