|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jo McDougall invite into her home after a short reprieve?
2. Who wrote You Begin?
(a) Ellen Hagan.
(b) Li Po.
(c) Margaret Atwood.
(d) Mary Olliver.
3. Why can't Bernadette Mayer buy her friend what she wants?
(a) Her friend is dead.
(b) She has no money.
(c) She is too far away.
(d) Her friend is sick.
4. When does the heart go forth in The Heart of a Woman?
(a) The sunset.
(b) The pitch dark of night.
(c) The dawn.
(d) The high noon.
5. What degrades one in As Much As You Can?
(a) Lack of schooling.
(b) Lack of solitude.
(d) A bad relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kennedy say faces the greatest challenge in life?
2. When does Emily Dickinson say the most solemn industry happens?
3. On whom does Kennedy say her grandmother focused her attention?
4. How does Kennedy describe the person she talks about in the introduction to beauty?
5. What does Kennedy say is the same in each stage of life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is The Poems of Our Climate about?
2. What is When One Has Lived a Long Time Alone about?
3. What is We Know This Much about?
4. What is Older, Younger, Both about?
5. What is The Great Lover about?
6. What is Magnificat about?
7. What is Roses Only about?
8. What is I Stepped from Plank to Plank about?
9. What is The Book of Ruth, 1:16-17 about?
10. What is Somebody's Mother about?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)