|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Kennedy say everyone wants to be around?
(a) Their friends.
(b) Their mothers.
(c) The ones who taught them the most.
(d) The people who are happy alone.
2. Who wrote The Summer Day?
(a) Julia Avarez.
(b) Edna St. Vincent Millay.
(c) Mary Oliver.
(d) Sylvia Plath.
3. When does Emily Dickinson say the most solemn industry happens?
(a) The morning after death.
(b) The death bed.
(c) The cimax of sickness.
(d) The hour of deliverance.
4. What does Kennedy say mothers do to give their children power?
(a) Teach them.
(b) All of these.
(c) Believe in them.
(d) Love them.
5. What does Nikki Giovanni say is the most important part of friendship?
(a) The love they share.
(b) Having a safe place.
(c) What they are together.
(d) Not being judged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main concern for the couple in Death, Etc.?
2. Why does William Blake want Hayley to be his enemy?
3. Whom does Kennedy talk about in the introduction to the section about beauty?
4. What does Yeats fear in A Cradle Song?
5. Whom does Caroline say her aunts wanted to look like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is if there are any heavens my mother will(all by herself)have about?
2. What does the narrator of Remember want?
3. What is Magnificat about?
4. What is The Rhodora about?
5. What is To Flush, My Dog about?
6. What is Older, Younger, Both about?
7. What is Zazen on Ching-t'ing Mountain about?
8. What is The Widow's Lament in Springtime about?
9. What is The Dream That I Told My Mother-in-Law about?
10. What is The Poems of Our Climate about?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)