|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Caroline says falling in love is ______________.
(a) Fulfilling destiny.
(b) Letting go to insanity.
(c) A series of moments.
(d) A bunch of mistakes.
2. To what does the person in Song compare love?
(a) A fig.
(b) A cherry.
(c) An apple.
(d) A pear.
3. How much money a week does the woman in I Want You Woman Up North to Know make?
4. What kind of love does Wendy Cope describe?
5. Where does the woman in I'm Going to Georgia want to live?
(a) A coffin.
(b) A mansion.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote The Philosopher?
2. What kind of imagery is used in The Passionate Shepherd to His Love?
3. In what style are the section introductions written?
4. In A Type of Loss, what does the woman lose when she breaks up?
5. What is being written to in Letters from Storyville?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Little Clown, My Heart about?
2. What is Love's Philosophy about?
3. What is the theme in How Do I Love Thee?
4. What is Defining Worlds about?
5. What is Final Soliloquy of the Interior Paramour about?
6. What is What Lips My Lips Have Kissed, and Where and Why about?
7. What is Letter from My Wife about?
8. What is The Age of Great Vocations about?
9. What is When You Have Forgotten Sunday: the Love Story about?
10. What is To Aphrodite of the Flowers, at Knossos about?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)