|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In A Poem of Friendship, what do friends not need in order to love each other?
2. Who wrote Cosmetics Do No Good?
(b) Steve Kowit.
(c) Richard Wilbur.
3. What is the first step toward adulthood in You Begin?
(a) Breaking rules.
(b) Telling a lie.
(c) Potty training.
(d) Writing letters.
4. When does Emily Dickinson say the most solemn industry happens?
(a) The death bed.
(b) The hour of deliverance.
(c) The cimax of sickness.
(d) The morning after death.
5. How does Kennedy describe the relationship women have with beauty?
6. Who is described in the first poem of the section on beauty?
(c) Jackie Kennedy.
(d) Mary Magdalene.
7. Why can't Bernadette Mayer buy her friend what she wants?
(a) She has no money.
(b) Her friend is dead.
(c) She is too far away.
(d) Her friend is sick.
8. When does the heart go forth in The Heart of a Woman?
(a) The sunset.
(b) The high noon.
(c) The pitch dark of night.
(d) The dawn.
9. How many states away is Ellen Watson's friend?
10. How is the ritual in Hairwashing described by the daughter?
11. What helped Kennedy's mother deal with the losses in her life?
12. What happens to George Santayana after the death of his wife?
(a) He sees doors opening.
(b) He comes closer to his children.
(c) He finds God.
(d) His age accelerates.
13. What does Kennedy say is the same in each stage of life?
(a) They are not what we expect.
(b) They pass to fast.
(c) They last too long.
(d) They bring pain.
14. What does Bernadette Mayer want to buy for her friend?
(c) Tea Pot.
(d) All of these.
15. To what does Linda Pastan compare babies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote Keeping Things Whole?
2. Why can't the woman in The Widow's Lament in Springtime feel happy in the spring?
3. When does Emily Bronte feel the happiest?
4. Who does Kennedy say faces the greatest challenge in life?
5. What does Jo McDougall invite into her home after a short reprieve?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)