|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote Keeping Things Whole?
(a) Robert Browning.
(b) John Donne.
(c) Mark Strand.
(d) Lewis Godfrey.
2. What happens to George Santayana after the death of his wife?
(a) He finds God.
(b) His age accelerates.
(c) He sees doors opening.
(d) He comes closer to his children.
3. What is discussed about death in Never More Will the Wind?
(a) The eventuality of death.
(b) The power of death.
(c) The fear of death.
(d) The finality of death.
4. Who wrote Love?
(a) John Donne.
(b) Walt Whitman.
(c) Al Henkman.
(d) Roy Croft.
5. Who is Louise Gluck's best friend?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her lover.
(d) Her sister.
6. Why does the person in We Know This Much know that death is not a good thing?
(a) She had a dream.
(b) It feels too scary.
(c) The gods don't die.
(d) There is no proof.
7. Who does Marianne Moore say feed most on solitude?
8. Where does steady pleasure come from in Fatigue?
9. What does the person in Keeping Things Whole realize when he is alone?
(a) How he balances the world.
(b) How his love has affected him.
(c) How he can reach his goals.
(d) How little he means.
10. Who wrote We Know This Much?
(b) Sylvia PLath.
(c) Emily Dickinson.
(d) Caroline Kennedy.
11. What degrades one in As Much As You Can?
(a) A bad relationship.
(c) Lack of solitude.
(d) Lack of schooling.
12. What helped Kennedy's mother deal with the losses in her life?
13. What is traded for knowledge in You Begin?
14. What does Sylvia Plath lose in Face Lift?
(a) Her identity.
(b) Her age.
(c) Her wisdom.
(d) Her confidence.
15. How does Kennedy describe the person she talks about in the introduction to beauty?
(a) A loud voice.
(b) A trendsetter.
(c) A mind ahead of her time.
(d) A compassionate soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nikki Giovanni say is the most important part of friendship?
2. Who asked the question, What do Women Want?
3. Why does William Blake want Hayley to be his enemy?
4. What kind of poet was Yeats?
5. How is the ritual in Hairwashing described by the daughter?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)