|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kim Addonizio say women want?
(b) A red dress.
(d) To walk in beauty.
2. On whom does Kennedy say her grandmother focused her attention?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her students.
(c) Her grandchildren.
(d) Her pets.
3. What does the person in Keeping Things Whole realize when he is alone?
(a) How little he means.
(b) How he balances the world.
(c) How his love has affected him.
(d) How he can reach his goals.
4. What is the main concern for the couple in Death, Etc.?
(a) How to arrange their will.
(b) Their dying son.
(c) What to do with the man they killed.
(d) Which of them will die first.
5. What does Kennedy say nobody wants to be?
(a) Middle aged.
6. How many states away is Ellen Watson's friend?
7. When does Emily Dickinson say the most solemn industry happens?
(a) The death bed.
(b) The hour of deliverance.
(c) The cimax of sickness.
(d) The morning after death.
8. To what is the person in Sense of Something Coming compared?
(a) A dress.
(b) A car.
(c) A flag.
(d) A light.
9. What does Nikki Giovanni say is the most important part of friendship?
(a) Having a safe place.
(b) The love they share.
(c) What they are together.
(d) Not being judged.
10. To what does Linda Pastan compare babies?
11. Who wrote Keeping Things Whole?
(a) Lewis Godfrey.
(b) John Donne.
(c) Mark Strand.
(d) Robert Browning.
12. What is Rita Dove ready to fall in love with?
(a) A dog.
(b) A piece of chocolate.
(c) A lonely woman.
(d) A man.
13. Whom does Kennedy talk about in the introduction to the section about beauty?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her best friend.
(c) Her mother.
(d) His sister.
14. When does Emily Bronte feel the happiest?
(a) When she is alone.
(b) When she is making love.
(c) When she is with her children.
(d) When she is dreaming.
15. When does the heart go forth in The Heart of a Woman?
(a) The sunset.
(b) The high noon.
(c) The dawn.
(d) The pitch dark of night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote Love?
2. Whom does Seamus Haney write to in In Memoriam MKH (1911-1984)?
3. Who wrote The Summer Day?
4. What helped Kennedy's mother deal with the losses in her life?
5. Where is the mother's placed in Woman's Work?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)