|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote In An Iridescent Time?
(a) Ruth Stone.
(b) Gwendolyn Brooks.
(c) Elizabeth Barrett Browning.
(d) Emily Dickinson.
2. Who wrote June Light?
(a) Robert Browning.
(b) Richard Wilbur.
(c) John Donne.
(d) E.E. Cummings.
3. What kind of imagery is used in The Passionate Shepherd to His Love?
4. What is Hero and Leander?
(a) A play.
(b) An Anthem.
(c) A song.
(d) A sonnet.
5. Where do most of the men work in Night Waitress?
(b) The Army.
(d) The rail road.
6. How does the woman in The Philosopher think she should love?
7. In Jamesian, what could the couple communicate?
(d) Their children.
8. What is suggested by the man in Proverbs and Song Verse?
(a) Simple celebrations.
(b) Forged happiness.
(c) Overstatement of virtues.
(d) Pure honesty.
9. When does Christina Rossetti feel the most love?
(a) Every day.
(b) Her wedding day.
(c) Her birthday.
(d) Her anniversary.
10. What advice does Nash give in A Word to Husbands?
(a) To never cheat.
(b) To thank the wife for everything.
(c) To admit when they are wrong.
(d) To sleep well.
11. Who wrote The Weather Cock Points South?
(a) Amy Lowell.
(b) Louisa May Alcott.
(c) Virginia Wolf.
(d) Emily Dickinson.
12. What kind of poet is Gregory Corso?
(a) A Romantic Poet.
(b) A Beat Generation Poet.
(c) A New World Poet.
(d) A Revolutionary Poet.
13. Where does the woman in I'm Going to Georgia want to live?
(a) A mansion.
(b) A coffin.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A cabin.
14. Who wrote Hero and Lysander?
(a) Christopher Marlowe.
(b) E.E. Cummings.
(c) W. W. Phelps.
15. In To My Dear and Loving Husband, how does the woman hope to stay with her husband after death?
(a) By staying faithful.
(b) By getting married.
(c) By dying together.
(d) By loving him so intensely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is I'm Going to Georgia?
2. Who wrote May I Feel Said He?
3. How does E.E. Cummings describe love?
4. When was Roger McGough with Monika?
5. How is this book separated?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)