|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote June Light?
(a) Robert Browning.
(b) E.E. Cummings.
(c) Richard Wilbur.
(d) John Donne.
2. Who wrote I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart)?
(a) E.E. Cummings.
(b) Lord Byron.
(c) Andrew Marvel.
(d) Christopher Marlowe.
3. In The Countess of Pembroke's Arcadia, the countess says she was wounded with __________.
4. According to Kennedy, what is marriage?
(a) The way to replace passion with real love.
(b) The end of searching for love.
(c) The pursuit of love and strength over a lifetime.
(d) The ultimate committment.
5. Kennedy says marriage is the foundation of ___________.
6. Who wrote May I Feel Said He?
(a) William Yeates.
(b) E.E. Cummings.
(c) Christopher Marlowe.
7. In Jamesian, what could the couple communicate?
(d) Their children.
8. What does the woman in Lilacs love most?
(b) The lilacs.
(c) Her lover.
9. Who wrote I Do Not Love Thee?
(a) Gertrude Stein.
(b) Caroline Norton.
(c) John Keates.
(d) E.E. Cummings.
10. How long is Weaponed Woman?
(a) 2 pages.
(b) 2 stanzas.
(c) 20 words.
(d) 2 lines.
11. Who wrote Hero and Lysander?
(a) Christopher Marlowe.
(b) W. W. Phelps.
(c) E.E. Cummings.
12. Where does the woman in I'm Going to Georgia want to live?
(a) A mansion.
(b) A coffin.
(c) A cabin.
(d) A hotel.
13. To what does the person in Song compare love?
(a) An apple.
(b) A cherry.
(c) A pear.
(d) A fig.
14. What kind of love does Wendy Cope describe?
15. What does Rudyard Kipling say over and over about The Female of The Species?
(a) It has a stronger heart.
(b) It is more deadly than the male.
(c) It lives not in fear.
(d) It can protect better.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote In An Iridescent Time?
2. Why is it surprising that the poet wrote Song?
3. What does the woman in The Philosopher wonder about?
4. What happens to the fruit in June Light?
5. What is Hero and Leander?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)