|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the woman in The Philosopher think she should love?
2. What fruit is mentioned in June Light?
3. What doe Lady Mary Chudleigh tell women not to do?
(a) Put themselves before their husbands.
(b) Become subservient to their husbands.
(c) Try to be like their parents.
(d) Go to bed angry.
4. When was Roger McGough with Monika?
(a) The fall.
(b) The summer.
(c) The winter.
(d) The spring.
5. What is the deepest secret shared in I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart)?
(a) He is in love.
(b) He has been unfaithful.
(c) He is gay.
(d) He knows she is unfaithful.
6. How big is the house in Madam and Her Madam?
(a) 2 rooms.
(b) 12 rooms.
(c) 8 rooms.
(d) 20 rooms.
7. Who kills the man in The Eaten Heart?
(a) The jilted husband.
(b) The angry wife.
(c) The abused brother.
(d) The lonely child.
8. In what form is The Countess of Pembroke's Arcadia written?
9. How does Margaret Walker describe her grandmothers in Lineage?
(c) All of these.
10. Who wrote To His Mistress Going to Bed?
(a) William Yeates.
(b) Wallace Stevens.
(c) John Donne.
(d) Andrew Marvell.
11. What does the woman in Lilacs love most?
(c) The lilacs.
(d) Her lover.
12. Who wrote June Light?
(a) John Donne.
(b) Robert Browning.
(c) E.E. Cummings.
(d) Richard Wilbur.
13. What is the woman in At the Café trying to do?
(a) Get a job.
(b) Find her husband.
(c) Move up north.
(d) Write a book.
14. Kennedy says marriage is the foundation of ___________.
15. When does true love come about according to Hero and Lysander?
(a) After a trial.
(b) When minds meld.
(c) At first sight.
(d) When bodies meld.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the awkward encounter described by Gregory Corso in Marriage?
2. Who introduces each section?
3. Where does the woman in I'm Going to Georgia want to live?
4. How does E.E. Cummings describe love?
5. What does the woman in The Philosopher wonder about?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)