|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it surprising that the poet wrote Song?
(a) Most of their poems are dark.
(b) Most of their poems are couplets.
(c) Most of their poems are in German.
(d) Most of their poems are very long.
2. In To My Dear and Loving Husband, how does the woman hope to stay with her husband after death?
(a) By staying faithful.
(b) By dying together.
(c) By getting married.
(d) By loving him so intensely.
3. In The Countess of Pembroke's Arcadia, the countess says she was wounded with __________.
4. What does Wendy Cope think little else of?
5. What kind of poet is Gregory Corso?
(a) A Romantic Poet.
(b) A Revolutionary Poet.
(c) A Beat Generation Poet.
(d) A New World Poet.
6. What does Rudyard Kipling say over and over about The Female of The Species?
(a) It can protect better.
(b) It has a stronger heart.
(c) It lives not in fear.
(d) It is more deadly than the male.
7. What is the second section called?
(a) Finding Love.
(b) Making Love.
(c) Keeping Love.
(d) Having Love.
8. How does Margaret Walker describe her grandmothers in Lineage?
(c) All of these.
9. What does the man in Protocols hope the sun will burn away?
(a) The clouds.
(b) His lover's anger.
(c) His footprints.
(d) The frost.
10. What was broken in Protocols?
11. How do the people in A Very Valentine feel?
12. What animal is described in The Female of The Species?
13. How big is the house in Madam and Her Madam?
(a) 2 rooms.
(b) 20 rooms.
(c) 8 rooms.
(d) 12 rooms.
14. What advice does Nash give in A Word to Husbands?
(a) To sleep well.
(b) To thank the wife for everything.
(c) To admit when they are wrong.
(d) To never cheat.
15. What does the woman in The Eaten Heart swear to never do again at the end of the poem?
(a) Live till morning.
(b) Make love.
(d) Eat meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of love does Wendy Cope describe?
2. What does the woman in The Philosopher wonder about?
3. Caroline says falling in love is ______________.
4. In Jamesian, what could the couple communicate?
5. What did Roger want most when he was with Monika?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)