|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Silence and Solitude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caroline explain in each section?
(a) How she feels.
(b) Why the poems were chosen.
(c) What changed in the poems.
(d) Her life experience.
2. Who wrote In An Iridescent Time?
(a) Gwendolyn Brooks.
(b) Emily Dickinson.
(c) Ruth Stone.
(d) Elizabeth Barrett Browning.
3. Who does Kennedy say faces the greatest challenge in life?
(a) Those who never become independent.
(b) Those who have nobody to let go of.
(c) Those who involuntarily reach solitude.
(d) Those who never let go.
4. When does Emily Bronte feel the happiest?
(a) When she is dreaming.
(b) When she is alone.
(c) When she is making love.
(d) When she is with her children.
5. Who wrote To His Mistress Going to Bed?
(a) Andrew Marvell.
(b) Wallace Stevens.
(c) William Yeates.
(d) John Donne.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kennedy describe having children?
2. On whom does Kennedy say her grandmother focused her attention?
3. What kind of passion does the woman in On Monsieur's Departure want?
4. Who wrote Corrina's Going A Maying?
5. Who wrote Cosmetics Do No Good?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)