Falling in Love
• Each section is introduced by the editor and she explains why she chose these particular poems.
• A Very Valentine by Gertrude Stein is about the giddiness people feel when they start to fall in love.
• Song by John Keats shows a man telling his lover to stop putting on airs so that they can taste the sweet apple of love together.
• I Do Not Love Thee by Caroline Norton is very sardonic. She is in denial of the love she feels, and it is obvious she truly is.
• Hero and Leander by Christopher Marlowe is about how Marlowe felt that love happened at first sight.
• In Love's Philosophy, Percy Shelley states that although there are many treasures in nature, none of them matter if he cannot kiss his love.
• Frank O'Hara's Having a Coke With You shows how when you are in love, all of...
This section contains 4,850 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)