|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Irwin Reiter's position at The Weinstein Company?
(a) Executive president for accounting and financial reporting.
(b) Executive vice president for accounting and financial reporting.
(c) Chief executive officer.
(d) Chief financial officer.
2. When did Senator Al Franken resign?
(a) May 11, 2017.
(b) April 19, 2017.
(c) January 2, 2018.
(d) September 14, 2018.
3. At what time was the New York Times article alleging sexual misconduct by Harvey Weinstein published on October 5, 2017?
(a) 1:15 p.m.
(b) 3:15 p.m.
(c) 1:45 p.m.
(d) 2:05 p.m.
4. On what date did the editors and journalists at the New York Times have their official conference call with Harvey Weinstein regarding the impending publication of their article about his misconduct?
(a) October 3, 2017.
(b) May 14, 2016.
(c) July 12, 2017.
(d) May 11, 2017.
5. What is Chapter 8's title?
(a) "Who Else is on the Record?"
(b) "A Company's Complicity."
(c) "The Beachside Dilemma."
(d) "Positive Reputation Management."
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrative in Chapter 6, the day before the New York Times article on Weinstein's sexual misconduct was published, Weinstein called an IT staffer at his company to delete a document on one of his executive assistants' computers. What was the title of the document?
2. Charles Harder successfully shut down the gossip website Gawker, suing it into bankruptcy, on behalf of what celebrity over a sex tape?
3. Who was the strongest proponent to Irwin Reiter to address his boss's actions of sexual harassment and abuse?
4. What amount of bail did Harvey Weinstein post when he was arrested in New York in 2018?
5. Where was Kim Lawson living when she spoke to Jodi Kantor about sexual harassment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What allegations did Ambra Battilana Gutierrez make of Harvey Weinstein?
2. Who is David Glasser and what involvement did he have with the Times article?
3. Who contacted Jodi Kantor regarding Christine Blasey Ford? Why?
4. What story did Megan Twohey write about Harvey Weinstein and Finding Neverland?
5. What is revealed in Lauren O'Connor's memo to the executives of The Weinstein Company?
6. What actress was Harvey Weinstein obsessed with knowing about having involvement in the NY Times article? Why?
7. What was the title of the first article in the NY Times regarding Harvey Weinstein's alleged sexual misconduct? How did the public respond to its publication?
8. What did the Hollywood Reporter and Variety print about the NY Times article on Weinstein prior to its publication?
9. What led Laura Madden to decide to go on the record in the first Weinstein article by the NY Times?
10. How did Lauren O'Connor respond when learning that the Times had accessed her memo to the executives of The Weinstein Company?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)