|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the Devil's hour?
(a) The hour just before sunrise.
(c) It's actually the hours of dark.
(d) The hour just after sunset.
2. What does Nikolas do as he keeps Sarah helpless with his power?
(a) Blindfolds her.
(b) Carves X's all over her body.
(c) Carves his name in her arm.
(d) Bites her neck.
3. How does Sarah momentarily distract the vampire with whom she is alone?
(a) Baring her neck.
(b) Biting her lip and drawing blood.
(c) Saying that Kaleo sent her.
(d) Saying that Nikolas sent her.
4. What does Christopher leave for Sarah at school?
(a) A thinly-veiled threat.
(b) A poem.
(c) A chocolate rose.
(d) A book.
5. What is Nissa's relation to Christopher?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His twin.
(c) His mother.
(d) His lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah ask of Adianna?
2. What does Nissa ask Sarah when she sees her the next morning at school?
3. Who is Elisabeth Vida?
4. Why does Christopher go to visit his brother?
5. What drew Kaleo to Nissa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kaleo say to Sarah when she becomes aware of his presence in the room?
2. Why is Sarah uneasy when she is dancing with Christopher and what does she do?
3. Describe the argument and counter-argument between Sarah and Christopher.
4. What does Christopher ask Sarah to do on Saturday and what does Sarah reply?
5. Why can't Sarah become friends with Christopher and Nissa?
6. What does Sarah ask Nissa when she accidentally encounters her in the hall?
7. What does Sarah discover when she arrives at Christopher's house, and what is Nissa doing?
8. Why is Sarah nervous about coming to this house and what will happen to the humans at the party?
9. Who is Sarah Vida and what is she doing at the opening of the novel?
10. According to Nissa, where is Christopher?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)