Chapters 1 through 3
• Sarah Vida, a witch and a vampire hunter, goes to a party in which humans and vampires are bonded.
• She is trying to find Nikolas, an old vampire whose first victim was Sarah's ancestor from the 1800's. She is alone.
• She knows it is dangerous to go when she could not take anyone with her but decides it might be worth it.
• She kills a weak vampire in an empty room but then finds out that Kaleo, a vampire most hunters would like to kill is there.
• Kaleo points to the dead vampire and says he was rather a pain as Sarah reaches for her magical knife.
• Sarah escapes and drives herself home. She only got away because the vamps were so focused on feeding.
• Dominique, Sarah's mother, comes to check on her and tells her she was careless. Caryn sets Sarah's broken bones.
• Caryn was...
This section contains 2,644 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)