|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stops the cavalry advance of the Prince of Orange?
(a) Napoleon mastiff dogs which spook the horses.
(b) A French infantry square.
(c) Large cannon fire.
(d) A line of pitch set on fire.
2. Who are the Cuirassiers?
(a) The "big brothers" of the French army on heavy horses.
(b) A band of pirates who have thrown in with the French.
(c) The Dutch special lance brigade.
(d) The French pikemen.
3. Who captures the 69th battalion's colours?
(a) The 3rd French legion.
(b) The Cuirassiers.
(c) The Hussars.
(d) The Hessians.
4. Who does Sharpe wonder about atoning to for his insubordination?
(a) The Duke of Wellington.
(b) The Prince of Wales.
(c) The Prince of Orange.
(d) The Duke of York.
5. What must Sharpe do by the Prince of Orange's orders?
(a) Attend a ball in Brussels and wear a Dutch uniform.
(b) Reconcile with Rossendale.
(c) Stay with the Prince and not go out to the front lines.
(d) Take a force of riflemen to flank the Dragoons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Baron Jean de Constant Rebecque?
2. What is Lucille most afraid of as she says goodbye to Sharpe?
3. What does the Duke of Wellington order the Prince of Orange to do?
4. How are the French Dragoons received by the Belgium people?
5. What does the bugle call the French to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Sharpe encounter while escaping the crossroad area and what happens?
2. What does the Duke of Wellington do to answer the Imperial Guard?
3. Why is the Duke of Wellington worried about his troops and what kinds of troops does he have?
4. What are some of the types of infantry attack used in the battle for Quatre Bras?
5. What did the actions in Chapter 7 show about the Prince of Orange and some of the other British officers?
6. What type of relationship does the contrast of the two opposing generals have to the two armies?
7. What is it about the British muskets that proves the beginning of the French's downfall?
8. Who does Sharpe see as he leaves Wellington to return to the crossroads? What does he do?
9. What gross error in judgment and orders did the Prince of Orange make in Chapter 15?
10. Who is Sharpe's mother and in what wars has he fought? To whom is he attached now?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)