|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How might the pace of the Prussian Major who is taking news to Brussels be described?
(b) Irresponsibly leisurely.
(c) Slow through neccessity.
2. Who does the Duke of Wellington hope will join his forces?
(a) The Dutch 42nd regiment of sharpshooters.
(b) The Dutch 42nd regiment of cavalry.
(c) The Prussian army under Prince Blucher.
(d) The English 42nd regiment of riflemen.
3. Who does Sharpe wonder about atoning to for his insubordination?
(a) The Prince of Wales.
(b) The Duke of York.
(c) The Duke of Wellington.
(d) The Prince of Orange.
4. Who are the Cuirassiers?
(a) A band of pirates who have thrown in with the French.
(b) The Dutch special lance brigade.
(c) The French pikemen.
(d) The "big brothers" of the French army on heavy horses.
5. Who arrives at Quatre Bras with the British Light Cavalry?
(a) John Rossendale.
(b) The Baron von Helmeld.
(c) John Faringale.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Duke of Wellington consider his English cavalry?
2. What does the bugle call the French to do?
3. Upon whose staff is the horseman?
4. What is given to the general of the French dragoons in Charleroi?
5. What stops the cavalry advance of the Prince of Orange?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the first blunders committed by the Prince of Orange?
2. Why is the Duke of Wellington worried about his troops and what kinds of troops does he have?
3. Who does Sharpe see as he leaves Wellington to return to the crossroads? What does he do?
4. How does Sharpe mitigate a complete disaster with the battalions under French cavalry attack?
5. Who is Sharpe's mother and in what wars has he fought? To whom is he attached now?
6. What is Bonaparte thinking about as he sits in his coach near where the French come into Belgium?
7. Why are the French able to cross into Belgium and what type of resistance is there?
8. What does Sharpe do when he and Doggett see a battalion of French while scouting the crossroad area?
9. What type of technical details are seen in Chapter 8?
10. Why are the Dutch-Belgium troops unable to fight well?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)