|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How might the pace of the Prussian Major who is taking news to Brussels be described?
(a) Irresponsibly leisurely.
(b) Slow through neccessity.
2. Who arrives at Quatre Bras with the British Light Cavalry?
(a) John Faringale.
(b) No one.
(c) The Baron von Helmeld.
(d) John Rossendale.
3. How many of the Duke of Wellington's troops are reliable?
(a) Only about a quarter of them.
(b) About half.
(c) Almost all of them.
(d) About 2/3 of them.
4. What happens when Halkett obeys the Prince of Orange's orders?
(a) The Cuirassiers attack Halkett's line.
(b) Halkett's men flee the battle.
(c) The Duke of Wellington countermands the order.
(d) The Prince of Orange is relieved of his command.
5. What does Sharpe do before returning to Quartre Bras?
(a) Insult Jane.
(b) Challenge Rossendale to a duel.
(c) Drink a bit too much ale.
(d) Slap the Duchess's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why might Sharpe not come to the Duchess's home?
2. Who is Lucille?
3. What order is Sharpe given?
4. Who accompanies Sharpe to Quatre Bras?
5. What is the horseman attempting to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Rebecque and Sharpe decide Sharpe should do as they study a map of the area?
2. Why is the Duchess of Richmond apprehensive about John Rossendale?
3. What does the Duke of Wellington read at the ball that interrupts his participation? What does he do after he reads the dispatch?
4. What did the actions in Chapter 7 show about the Prince of Orange and some of the other British officers?
5. What is Bonaparte thinking about as he sits in his coach near where the French come into Belgium?
6. What do Sharpe and Harper do on the second night of battle?
7. How does Sharpe mitigate a complete disaster with the battalions under French cavalry attack?
8. How do the French feel about the outcome of the war and why haven't the Prussians come to help the British?
9. Why are the French able to cross into Belgium and what type of resistance is there?
10. What does Sharpe do when he and Doggett see a battalion of French while scouting the crossroad area?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)