|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stops the cavalry advance of the Prince of Orange?
(a) Napoleon mastiff dogs which spook the horses.
(b) Large cannon fire.
(c) A French infantry square.
(d) A line of pitch set on fire.
2. Who arrives to drive off the French skirmishers?
(a) No one.
(b) The Duke of Weston's cavalry.
(c) The 110th Sharpshooters Regiment.
(d) Cavalry under the Prince of Orange.
3. What order is Sharpe given?
(a) To report his insubordination to the Duke of Wellington.
(b) To rejoin his old regiment.
(c) To withdraw from battle and consider himself subject to execution for disobeying a direct order under battle.
(d) To report the next day for court martial.
4. What causes the most casualties to the Dragoons from the Prussians?
(a) The elite cavalry of the Prussian army.
(b) Hidden cannons.
(c) A ditch filled with pitch that they light.
(d) Their sharpshooter brigade.
5. What happens when Halkett obeys the Prince of Orange's orders?
(a) The Prince of Orange is relieved of his command.
(b) The Cuirassiers attack Halkett's line.
(c) Halkett's men flee the battle.
(d) The Duke of Wellington countermands the order.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears on the battle scene just in the nick of time?
2. Who is Baron Jean de Constant Rebecque?
3. What does Bonaparte consider the enemy to be?
4. How many of the Duke of Wellington's troops are reliable?
5. What persists towards the East from where Sharpe and Harper are?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Duke of Wellington worried about his troops and what kinds of troops does he have?
2. Why are the Dutch-Belgium troops unable to fight well?
3. How do the French feel about the outcome of the war and why haven't the Prussians come to help the British?
4. What type of technical details are seen in Chapter 8?
5. What becomes a major source of friction between the Prince of Orange and Sharpe? Why is Sharpe with the Prince?
6. What is one of the first blunders committed by the Prince of Orange?
7. What town on the river Sambre is easily taken by the French, who tries to stop them, and what does this mean in tactical terms?
8. How does Sharpe mitigate a complete disaster with the battalions under French cavalry attack?
9. What is used on the field of battle besides weapons and men and why?
10. What is Bonaparte thinking about as he sits in his coach near where the French come into Belgium?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)