|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the Dutch-Belgian guns and infantry?
(a) They leave the battlefield in a blind panic.
(b) They are slaughtered almost to a man.
(c) They confuse their orders and are not where they are supposed to be.
(d) They are flanked and surrender.
2. Who launches a full scale cavalry charge to keep the British from forming squares again?
(b) Marshal Ney.
3. What does Bonaparte consider the enemy to be?
(a) Greatly outnumbered.
(c) Highly trained.
(d) English scum and their Prussian hirelings.
4. Why is the Prince of Orange excited?
(a) He just got a new warhorse.
(b) He receives a letter from his father stating that he is receiving the title early to an estate he loves.
(c) He expects a great victory against the French.
(d) He has just become betrothed and wants a victory to impress his fiance.
5. What does Sharpe do before returning to Quartre Bras?
(a) Challenge Rossendale to a duel.
(b) Slap the Duchess's daughter.
(c) Insult Jane.
(d) Drink a bit too much ale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Prince William of Orange?
2. What order does Sharpe refuse to take to Halkett?
3. What does the bugle call the French to do?
4. How is the horseman dressed?
5. How many men has Napoleon gathered to his army in 107 days?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the types of infantry attack used in the battle for Quatre Bras?
2. Who does Sharpe see as he leaves Wellington to return to the crossroads? What does he do?
3. What town on the river Sambre is easily taken by the French, who tries to stop them, and what does this mean in tactical terms?
4. How does Sharpe mitigate a complete disaster with the battalions under French cavalry attack?
5. What does the Duke of Wellington read at the ball that interrupts his participation? What does he do after he reads the dispatch?
6. Why is the Duke of Wellington worried about his troops and what kinds of troops does he have?
7. To whom does Sharpe send a note when he encounters men from the German Legion and what is the response? Why does he respond that way?
8. Who does Sharpe encounter while escaping the crossroad area and what happens?
9. Who is Sharpe's mother and in what wars has he fought? To whom is he attached now?
10. How do the French feel about the outcome of the war and why haven't the Prussians come to help the British?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)