|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bonaparte consider the enemy to be?
(a) Greatly outnumbered.
(c) English scum and their Prussian hirelings.
(d) Highly trained.
2. What dinner do Harper and Sharpe share?
(a) Roasted pig.
(b) Beef jerky.
(c) Roasted horse meat.
(d) Hard biscuits and dried pork.
3. Why is the Duchess apprehensive of Rossendale being at her home?
(a) Because he would be disobeying orders to come there.
(b) She is not apprehensive.
(c) Because Napoleon will kill her if he finds out.
(d) Because Lieutenant-Colonel Sharpe will be there and Rossendale's mistress is Sharpe's unfaithful wife, Jane.
4. Who does the Duke of Wellington hope will join his forces?
(a) The Dutch 42nd regiment of cavalry.
(b) The English 42nd regiment of riflemen.
(c) The Dutch 42nd regiment of sharpshooters.
(d) The Prussian army under Prince Blucher.
5. What happens to Saxe-Weimar's men?
(a) They turncoat and join the French in attacking the Prince of Orange's troops.
(b) They are the first to be slaughtered.
(c) They surrender.
(d) They retreat in an orderly fashion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Prince of Orange excited?
2. What does the horseman's hat look like?
3. Who appears on the battle scene just in the nick of time?
4. What has Wellington promised Blucher?
5. What month of the year is it when the story opens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bonaparte thinking about as he sits in his coach near where the French come into Belgium?
2. What actions of the Dutch-Belgium cavalry in Chapter 7 tell the reader about their ability? What impressions might their actions give?
3. Who does Sharpe encounter while escaping the crossroad area and what happens?
4. What did the actions in Chapter 7 show about the Prince of Orange and some of the other British officers?
5. Why is the Duke of Wellington worried about his troops and what kinds of troops does he have?
6. What is one of the first blunders committed by the Prince of Orange?
7. To whom does Sharpe send a note when he encounters men from the German Legion and what is the response? Why does he respond that way?
8. What becomes a major source of friction between the Prince of Orange and Sharpe? Why is Sharpe with the Prince?
9. What are some of the types of infantry attack used in the battle for Quatre Bras?
10. What do Sharpe and Harper do on the second night of battle?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)