|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Sharpe to Quatre Bras?
(a) An eighteen-year-old, Lieutenant Simon Doggett.
(b) No one.
(c) A civilian guide.
(d) A Belgium sharpshooter.
2. Who launches a full scale cavalry charge to keep the British from forming squares again?
(c) Marshal Ney.
3. What stops the cavalry advance of the Prince of Orange?
(a) Large cannon fire.
(b) A line of pitch set on fire.
(c) A French infantry square.
(d) Napoleon mastiff dogs which spook the horses.
4. How many men has Napoleon gathered to his army in 107 days?
5. What does the horseman's hat look like?
(a) It shows the scarlet, gold, and black cockade of the Netherlands.
(b) Like it has been shot.
(c) It is dressed with a band with the Russian colors.
(d) Like an English officer's hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the horseman attempting to do?
2. Why is the Prince of Orange enraged?
3. About what is the Duke of Wellington worried?
4. What does Napoleon do in the East?
5. What happens when Halkett obeys the Prince of Orange's orders?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Rebecque and Sharpe decide Sharpe should do as they study a map of the area?
2. How do the French feel about the outcome of the war and why haven't the Prussians come to help the British?
3. What does the Duke of Wellington read at the ball that interrupts his participation? What does he do after he reads the dispatch?
4. What becomes a major source of friction between the Prince of Orange and Sharpe? Why is Sharpe with the Prince?
5. To whom does Sharpe send a note when he encounters men from the German Legion and what is the response? Why does he respond that way?
6. Why are the French able to cross into Belgium and what type of resistance is there?
7. What is Bonaparte thinking about as he sits in his coach near where the French come into Belgium?
8. What did the actions in Chapter 7 show about the Prince of Orange and some of the other British officers?
9. What is the ultimate end of the second day of the novel?
10. Who does Sharpe see as he leaves Wellington to return to the crossroads? What does he do?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)