|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bonaparte consider the enemy to be?
(a) Highly trained.
(b) English scum and their Prussian hirelings.
(d) Greatly outnumbered.
2. How many men has Napoleon gathered to his army in 107 days?
3. Who arrives at Quatre Bras with the British Light Cavalry?
(a) The Baron von Helmeld.
(b) John Faringale.
(c) No one.
(d) John Rossendale.
4. Why is the Duchess apprehensive of Rossendale being at her home?
(a) Because Lieutenant-Colonel Sharpe will be there and Rossendale's mistress is Sharpe's unfaithful wife, Jane.
(b) Because Napoleon will kill her if he finds out.
(c) She is not apprehensive.
(d) Because he would be disobeying orders to come there.
5. How does the Duke of Wellington treat the Prince of Orange?
(b) He commiserates with the Prince.
(c) In an official capacity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the most casualties to the Dragoons from the Prussians?
2. What order does Sharpe refuse to take to Halkett?
3. What happens to the 69th battalion?
4. To whom is a note about the French advance delivered?
5. About what is the Duke of Wellington worried?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the first blunders committed by the Prince of Orange?
2. How do the French feel about the outcome of the war and why haven't the Prussians come to help the British?
3. What is used on the field of battle besides weapons and men and why?
4. What did the actions in Chapter 7 show about the Prince of Orange and some of the other British officers?
5. What type of technical details are seen in Chapter 8?
6. Who is Sharpe's mother and in what wars has he fought? To whom is he attached now?
7. What do Rebecque and Sharpe decide Sharpe should do as they study a map of the area?
8. Why are the Dutch-Belgium troops unable to fight well?
9. Who does Sharpe encounter while escaping the crossroad area and what happens?
10. What do Sharpe and Harper do on the second night of battle?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)