|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the Cuirassiers?
(a) A band of pirates who have thrown in with the French.
(b) The Dutch special lance brigade.
(c) The "big brothers" of the French army on heavy horses.
(d) The French pikemen.
2. Who arrives to drive off the French skirmishers?
(a) The Duke of Weston's cavalry.
(b) Cavalry under the Prince of Orange.
(c) No one.
(d) The 110th Sharpshooters Regiment.
3. Who appears on the battle scene just in the nick of time?
(a) The 110th Riflemen Brigade led by Sharpe.
(b) The green-jacketed riflemen of the Duke of Welilngton's troops.
(c) The Prince of Blucher's troops.
(d) No one.
4. Who is the horseman identified as?
(b) Richard Sharpe.
(c) The Duke of Wellington.
(d) General Dornberg.
5. How does the Duke of Wellington consider his English cavalry?
(a) As fine horsemen but terrible marksmen.
(b) As sensitive, undisciplined and prone to moments of insanity.
(c) As his finest soldiers.
(d) As so incompetent they jeopardize other units.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many more rivers does Napoleon have to cross before reaching Brussels?
2. How many of the Duke of Wellington's troops are reliable?
3. How many men has Napoleon gathered to his army in 107 days?
4. Who arrives at Quatre Bras with the British Light Cavalry?
5. What does Jane discover?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Duke of Wellington worried about his troops and what kinds of troops does he have?
2. Who does Sharpe encounter while escaping the crossroad area and what happens?
3. What is Bonaparte thinking about as he sits in his coach near where the French come into Belgium?
4. Who does Sharpe see as he leaves Wellington to return to the crossroads? What does he do?
5. How do the French feel about the outcome of the war and why haven't the Prussians come to help the British?
6. What do Rebecque and Sharpe decide Sharpe should do as they study a map of the area?
7. What actions of the Dutch-Belgium cavalry in Chapter 7 tell the reader about their ability? What impressions might their actions give?
8. What becomes a major source of friction between the Prince of Orange and Sharpe? Why is Sharpe with the Prince?
9. To whom does Sharpe send a note when he encounters men from the German Legion and what is the response? Why does he respond that way?
10. What did the actions in Chapter 7 show about the Prince of Orange and some of the other British officers?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)