|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the Brunswickers identified?
(a) Black coats.
(b) Green coats.
(c) Feathers in their caps.
(d) Yellow coats.
2. Where do Sharpe and Doggett find a French battalion?
(a) They find no French.
(b) Almost to Brussels.
(c) Near Quatre Bras.
(d) Near the village of Frasnes.
3. How old is Napoleon's campaign in Belgium?
(a) 24 hours.
(b) 10 hours.
(c) One week.
(d) Less than 48 hours.
4. Who is with Sharpe when he joins the Prince of Orange at Quatre Bras?
(a) The 110th Rifle Brigade.
(c) Patrick Harper.
(d) The Prince of Wales.
5. Why is the Prince of Orange excited?
(a) He expects a great victory against the French.
(b) He receives a letter from his father stating that he is receiving the title early to an estate he loves.
(c) He just got a new warhorse.
(d) He has just become betrothed and wants a victory to impress his fiance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men has Napoleon gathered to his army in 107 days?
2. How might the pace of the Prussian Major who is taking news to Brussels be described?
3. Who is Lucille?
4. How does the Duke of Wellington consider his English cavalry?
5. Who arrives at Quatre Bras with the British Light Cavalry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Sharpe and Harper do on the second night of battle?
2. How do the French feel about the outcome of the war and why haven't the Prussians come to help the British?
3. Why is the Duke of Wellington worried about his troops and what kinds of troops does he have?
4. What do Rebecque and Sharpe decide Sharpe should do as they study a map of the area?
5. What does the Duke of Wellington read at the ball that interrupts his participation? What does he do after he reads the dispatch?
6. Who does Sharpe encounter while escaping the crossroad area and what happens?
7. What actions of the Dutch-Belgium cavalry in Chapter 7 tell the reader about their ability? What impressions might their actions give?
8. Why is the Duchess of Richmond apprehensive about John Rossendale?
9. What becomes a major source of friction between the Prince of Orange and Sharpe? Why is Sharpe with the Prince?
10. What is used on the field of battle besides weapons and men and why?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)