|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives to drive off the French skirmishers?
(a) The 110th Sharpshooters Regiment.
(b) The Duke of Weston's cavalry.
(c) No one.
(d) Cavalry under the Prince of Orange.
2. Why do the Prince of Orange's men refuse to follow him to attack the French cannon?
(a) The mastiffs are ringed around the cannons.
(b) A brigade of French light cavalry has appeared.
(c) There are several smaller cannons trained on them.
(d) They have to ride through a grass fire to get there.
3. What does Sharpe do before returning to Quartre Bras?
(a) Slap the Duchess's daughter.
(b) Drink a bit too much ale.
(c) Challenge Rossendale to a duel.
(d) Insult Jane.
4. What does Napoleon do in the East?
(a) Attacks Blucher's Prussian army.
(b) Defeats the Dutch artillery.
(c) Withdraws his cavalry.
5. What do Harper and Sharpe contemplate?
(a) Whether to request reassignment to an English brigade.
(b) What they should do next.
(c) Whether to lodge an official complaint against the Prince of Orange.
(d) Whether to retire from the military.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is with Sharpe when he joins the Prince of Orange at Quatre Bras?
2. Who is Baron Jean de Constant Rebecque?
3. Why is the Prince of Orange enraged?
4. Who accompanies Sharpe to Quatre Bras?
5. Where is Napoleon Bonaparte as the Dragoons cross into Belgium?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Duke of Wellington worried about his troops and what kinds of troops does he have?
2. Why is the Duchess of Richmond apprehensive about John Rossendale?
3. What do Rebecque and Sharpe decide Sharpe should do as they study a map of the area?
4. Who does Sharpe see as he leaves Wellington to return to the crossroads? What does he do?
5. What is used on the field of battle besides weapons and men and why?
6. What town on the river Sambre is easily taken by the French, who tries to stop them, and what does this mean in tactical terms?
7. What is Bonaparte thinking about as he sits in his coach near where the French come into Belgium?
8. Who is Sharpe's mother and in what wars has he fought? To whom is he attached now?
9. What does the Duke of Wellington read at the ball that interrupts his participation? What does he do after he reads the dispatch?
10. How does Sharpe mitigate a complete disaster with the battalions under French cavalry attack?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)