|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Sharpe and Doggett find a French battalion?
(a) Almost to Brussels.
(b) They find no French.
(c) Near Quatre Bras.
(d) Near the village of Frasnes.
2. Who arrives at Quatre Bras with the British Light Cavalry?
(a) No one.
(b) The Baron von Helmeld.
(c) John Faringale.
(d) John Rossendale.
3. What is the Duchess of Richmond preparing to give?
(a) A recital.
(b) A dinner party.
(c) A report of the French invasion to the Belgium king.
(d) A sumptuous ball in a large rented house.
4. Who is the horseman identified as?
(a) General Dornberg.
(b) Richard Sharpe.
(d) The Duke of Wellington.
5. Who loses all the ground he has captured?
(a) The Prince of Orange.
(b) The Duke of Northhampton.
(c) The Duke of Wellington.
(d) Marshall Ney.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the bugle call the French to do?
2. What does the Duke of Wellington order the Prince of Orange to do?
3. What do the men under Sharpe's leadership do when they cannot form a square?
4. What is the horseman attempting to do?
5. How does the Duke of Wellington treat the Prince of Orange?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Duke of Wellington worried about his troops and what kinds of troops does he have?
2. What do Rebecque and Sharpe decide Sharpe should do as they study a map of the area?
3. Why are the French able to cross into Belgium and what type of resistance is there?
4. Who is Sharpe's mother and in what wars has he fought? To whom is he attached now?
5. What do Sharpe and Harper do on the second night of battle?
6. What is one of the first blunders committed by the Prince of Orange?
7. What does the Duke of Wellington read at the ball that interrupts his participation? What does he do after he reads the dispatch?
8. What is used on the field of battle besides weapons and men and why?
9. What becomes a major source of friction between the Prince of Orange and Sharpe? Why is Sharpe with the Prince?
10. What is Bonaparte thinking about as he sits in his coach near where the French come into Belgium?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)