|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one group that is part of the Duke of Wellington's troops?
(a) The Irish Third Artillery.
(b) The Russian Cossack cavalry.
(c) The Wale's sharpshooters.
(d) The King's German Legion.
2. What does Napoleon do in the East?
(a) Attacks Blucher's Prussian army.
(c) Defeats the Dutch artillery.
(d) Withdraws his cavalry.
3. Why do the Prince of Orange's men refuse to follow him to attack the French cannon?
(a) The mastiffs are ringed around the cannons.
(b) There are several smaller cannons trained on them.
(c) A brigade of French light cavalry has appeared.
(d) They have to ride through a grass fire to get there.
4. What abates the Prince of York's excitement?
(a) The first French attack.
(b) The French change direction and the Prince's troops do not get to fight.
(c) His new warhorse is killed almost immediately.
(d) The Dragoons capture the Prince.
5. Who joins the fray who Sharpe and Harper recognize?
(a) The 94th Riflemen Battalion.
(b) The Prince of Wale's Own Volunteers.
(c) The Duke of Northampton's levy.
(d) The Duke of York's levy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears on the battle scene just in the nick of time?
2. How many men has Napoleon gathered to his army in 107 days?
3. What do Harper and Sharpe contemplate?
4. What month of the year is it when the story opens?
5. What has Wellington promised Blucher?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Duchess of Richmond apprehensive about John Rossendale?
2. How does Sharpe mitigate a complete disaster with the battalions under French cavalry attack?
3. What does Sharpe do when he and Doggett see a battalion of French while scouting the crossroad area?
4. Why are the Dutch-Belgium troops unable to fight well?
5. Why is the Duke of Wellington worried about his troops and what kinds of troops does he have?
6. What are some of the types of infantry attack used in the battle for Quatre Bras?
7. What is the ultimate end of the second day of the novel?
8. Who does Sharpe encounter while escaping the crossroad area and what happens?
9. What is one of the first blunders committed by the Prince of Orange?
10. Who does Sharpe see as he leaves Wellington to return to the crossroads? What does he do?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)