|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Napoleon do in the East?
(a) Defeats the Dutch artillery.
(b) Attacks Blucher's Prussian army.
(c) Withdraws his cavalry.
2. How are the Brunswickers identified?
(a) Green coats.
(b) Yellow coats.
(c) Feathers in their caps.
(d) Black coats.
3. Who launches a full scale cavalry charge to keep the British from forming squares again?
(c) Marshal Ney.
4. Who appears on the battle scene just in the nick of time?
(a) The Prince of Blucher's troops.
(b) No one.
(c) The 110th Riflemen Brigade led by Sharpe.
(d) The green-jacketed riflemen of the Duke of Welilngton's troops.
5. Who joins the fray who Sharpe and Harper recognize?
(a) The Duke of York's levy.
(b) The Prince of Wale's Own Volunteers.
(c) The Duke of Northampton's levy.
(d) The 94th Riflemen Battalion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sharpe wonder about atoning to for his insubordination?
2. Where do Sharpe and Doggett find a French battalion?
3. How do the British defend against the Cuirassiers?
4. What does Sharpe do before returning to Quartre Bras?
5. What persists towards the East from where Sharpe and Harper are?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the ultimate end of the second day of the novel?
2. What do Sharpe and Harper do on the second night of battle?
3. What is Bonaparte thinking about as he sits in his coach near where the French come into Belgium?
4. What does Sharpe do when he and Doggett see a battalion of French while scouting the crossroad area?
5. How does Sharpe mitigate a complete disaster with the battalions under French cavalry attack?
6. What did the actions in Chapter 7 show about the Prince of Orange and some of the other British officers?
7. What becomes a major source of friction between the Prince of Orange and Sharpe? Why is Sharpe with the Prince?
8. What actions of the Dutch-Belgium cavalry in Chapter 7 tell the reader about their ability? What impressions might their actions give?
9. What type of technical details are seen in Chapter 8?
10. Why are the French able to cross into Belgium and what type of resistance is there?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)