|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is a note about the French advance delivered?
(a) The King of Belgium.
(b) General Dornberg.
(c) No one.
(d) The Duke of Wellingham.
2. What does the bugle call the French to do?
(b) Attack on three sides.
(c) Encircle the remaining British forces.
(d) Flank the 95th infantry regiment and attack.
3. What abates the Prince of York's excitement?
(a) The Dragoons capture the Prince.
(b) The French change direction and the Prince's troops do not get to fight.
(c) The first French attack.
(d) His new warhorse is killed almost immediately.
4. What does Jane discover?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is homesick for England.
(c) She truly loves Sharpe.
(d) She is dying.
5. What must Sharpe do by the Prince of Orange's orders?
(a) Take a force of riflemen to flank the Dragoons.
(b) Attend a ball in Brussels and wear a Dutch uniform.
(c) Reconcile with Rossendale.
(d) Stay with the Prince and not go out to the front lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Sharpe and Doggett find a French battalion?
2. Who is Lucille?
3. Why is the Prince of Orange enraged?
4. Who is Prince William of Orange?
5. How is the horseman dressed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why must Napoleon overwhelm the British army when the Prussian pickets are sighted?
2. What is it about the British muskets that proves the beginning of the French's downfall?
3. Why is the Duke of Wellington worried about his troops and what kinds of troops does he have?
4. What does the Duke of Wellington do to answer the Imperial Guard?
5. What town on the river Sambre is easily taken by the French, who tries to stop them, and what does this mean in tactical terms?
6. What stops the French from pursuing the retreating British army?
7. Why is the Duchess of Richmond apprehensive about John Rossendale?
8. What is one of the most striking differences at the end of a battle and the disposition of the dead between that era and now?
9. Who leads the Imperial Guard towards the British? Describe their type of unit and their reputation. How successful are British cannons against them?
10. What type of relationship does the contrast of the two opposing generals have to the two armies?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)