|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men under Sharpe's leadership do when they cannot form a square?
(a) Run behind the cavalry as back up.
(c) Retreat to the trees.
(d) Run for the high ground to reform.
2. Where is the lone horseman approaching at the opening of chapter 3?
3. Where is Napoleon Bonaparte as the Dragoons cross into Belgium?
(a) In Paris.
(b) On Elba Island.
(c) In Russia.
(d) About 10 miles south of the entry place.
4. Who arrives to drive off the French skirmishers?
(a) No one.
(b) Cavalry under the Prince of Orange.
(c) The Duke of Weston's cavalry.
(d) The 110th Sharpshooters Regiment.
5. What is one group that is part of the Duke of Wellington's troops?
(a) The Russian Cossack cavalry.
(b) The Irish Third Artillery.
(c) The King's German Legion.
(d) The Wale's sharpshooters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Cuirassiers?
2. Who launches a full scale cavalry charge to keep the British from forming squares again?
3. What has Wellington promised Blucher?
4. What is given to the general of the French dragoons in Charleroi?
5. Who joins the fray who Sharpe and Harper recognize?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bonaparte thinking about as he sits in his coach near where the French come into Belgium?
2. Why is the Duke of Wellington worried about his troops and what kinds of troops does he have?
3. How does Sharpe mitigate a complete disaster with the battalions under French cavalry attack?
4. Who does Sharpe see as he leaves Wellington to return to the crossroads? What does he do?
5. What is used on the field of battle besides weapons and men and why?
6. What did the actions in Chapter 7 show about the Prince of Orange and some of the other British officers?
7. What do Rebecque and Sharpe decide Sharpe should do as they study a map of the area?
8. What actions of the Dutch-Belgium cavalry in Chapter 7 tell the reader about their ability? What impressions might their actions give?
9. To whom does Sharpe send a note when he encounters men from the German Legion and what is the response? Why does he respond that way?
10. What does Sharpe do when he and Doggett see a battalion of French while scouting the crossroad area?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)