|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Duke of Wellington consider his English cavalry?
(a) As his finest soldiers.
(b) As sensitive, undisciplined and prone to moments of insanity.
(c) As so incompetent they jeopardize other units.
(d) As fine horsemen but terrible marksmen.
2. How are the French Dragoons received by the Belgium people?
(a) Some welcome the Dragoons, but most revile them.
(b) The Dragoons are welcomed.
(c) The Dragoons are ignored.
(d) The Dragoons are fired upon.
3. What abates the Prince of York's excitement?
(a) The French change direction and the Prince's troops do not get to fight.
(b) The first French attack.
(c) The Dragoons capture the Prince.
(d) His new warhorse is killed almost immediately.
4. Who is Baron Jean de Constant Rebecque?
(a) Napoleon's chief of staff.
(b) The Prince of Wales' chief of staff.
(c) The leader of the 3rd Cavalry Brigade.
(d) The Prince of Orange's chief of staff.
5. What does Jane discover?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is homesick for England.
(c) She truly loves Sharpe.
(d) She is dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Sharpe do by the Prince of Orange's orders?
2. What dinner do Harper and Sharpe share?
3. What does Napoleon do in the East?
4. What has Wellington promised Blucher?
5. What causes the most casualties to the Dragoons from the Prussians?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the first blunders committed by the Prince of Orange?
2. What did the actions in Chapter 7 show about the Prince of Orange and some of the other British officers?
3. What actions of the Dutch-Belgium cavalry in Chapter 7 tell the reader about their ability? What impressions might their actions give?
4. Who does Sharpe see as he leaves Wellington to return to the crossroads? What does he do?
5. What do Rebecque and Sharpe decide Sharpe should do as they study a map of the area?
6. Why are the French able to cross into Belgium and what type of resistance is there?
7. What does the Duke of Wellington read at the ball that interrupts his participation? What does he do after he reads the dispatch?
8. Who is Sharpe's mother and in what wars has he fought? To whom is he attached now?
9. What is used on the field of battle besides weapons and men and why?
10. Why are the Dutch-Belgium troops unable to fight well?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)