|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bonaparte consider the enemy to be?
(b) English scum and their Prussian hirelings.
(c) Greatly outnumbered.
(d) Highly trained.
2. What must Sharpe do by the Prince of Orange's orders?
(a) Reconcile with Rossendale.
(b) Take a force of riflemen to flank the Dragoons.
(c) Attend a ball in Brussels and wear a Dutch uniform.
(d) Stay with the Prince and not go out to the front lines.
3. What is one group that is part of the Duke of Wellington's troops?
(a) The Russian Cossack cavalry.
(b) The Irish Third Artillery.
(c) The Wale's sharpshooters.
(d) The King's German Legion.
4. What is Lucille most afraid of as she says goodbye to Sharpe?
(a) Having to go back to England unwed and pregnant if Sharpe dies.
(b) Rossendale taking out his hatred of Sharpe on Lucille.
(c) Sharpe getting killed.
(d) A British defeat and the French marching into Brussels.
5. Who is with Sharpe when he joins the Prince of Orange at Quatre Bras?
(a) The Prince of Wales.
(c) Patrick Harper.
(d) The 110th Rifle Brigade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Dutch-Belgian guns and infantry?
2. Who are the Cuirassiers?
3. How do the British defend against the Cuirassiers?
4. Why is the Duchess apprehensive of Rossendale being at her home?
5. What dinner do Harper and Sharpe share?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the area where the retreating British army takes up a position in Chapter 10.
2. What does Sharpe do when he and Doggett see a battalion of French while scouting the crossroad area?
3. What stops the French from pursuing the retreating British army?
4. Who does Sharpe see as he leaves Wellington to return to the crossroads? What does he do?
5. Describe John Rossendale's last few minutes, what happens to him and why.
6. What type of technical details are seen in Chapter 8?
7. What happens to the British Heavy Cavalry unit with which John Rossendale is riding?
8. Why are the Dutch-Belgium troops unable to fight well?
9. What did the actions in Chapter 7 show about the Prince of Orange and some of the other British officers?
10. What are some of the types of infantry attack used in the battle for Quatre Bras?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)