|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who protects the British horse artillery?
(a) The Dragoons and Life Guards of the British Cavalry.
(b) The Prussian infantry artillery.
(c) The British heavy cavalry.
(d) No units are available to protect them.
2. What is the Emperor's signal to start the battle?
(a) A single cannon shot.
(b) A dozen bugle tones.
(c) A 21 gun rifle salute.
(d) Three cannon shots.
3. What does Lieutenant Simon Bloggett want of Sharpe?
(a) Advice about women.
(b) For Sharpe to see the Baron Rebecque.
(c) For Sharpe to show him how to plan an offensive.
(d) For Sharpe to ask for command of Bloggett's unit.
4. Where does Sharpe return to in chapter 12?
(c) His rifle brigade.
(d) The headquarters of his Royal Highness.
5. How does Rossendale get separated from his friends?
(a) Rossendale has no friends at the moment.
(b) Because of the difficult terrain.
(c) Because Baggett heads them off.
(d) Because of an exploding rocket.
6. Upon what does the main French infantry advance?
(a) The Belgian pikes.
(b) The Prussian army's infantry.
(c) The Belgian infantry.
(d) The ridge.
7. Where does Sharpe meet Harper?
(a) At the Duke's tent.
(b) In the stables.
(c) In the officer's mess.
(d) At the local inn.
8. Where are the Prussians located?
(a) They retreated too far to return in time.
(b) North of the British.
(c) To the east of the British.
(d) They are intermingled with the British.
9. What does Colonel MacDonnell ask Sharpe?
(a) To get his sharpshooters to protect Wellington's artillery.
(b) To get a wagon of ammunition sent down to the chateau.
(c) To lead the charge of the 3rd infantry.
(d) To get the Prince of Orange to deploy more of his cavalry to the east.
10. What large complexes are near where the British wait?
11. Where do the French retreat?
(a) To Waterloo.
(b) To the south.
(c) To the woods.
(d) To the west ridge.
12. What impedes the French cavalry from overtaking the British?
(a) Harrassment by the Belgium artillery.
(b) Harrassment by English sharpshooters.
(c) The muddy ground.
(d) Harrassment by the 110th Prussian cavalry.
13. What is the weather like as the British wait for Napoleon's army?
(a) Clear and very cold.
(b) Clear and warm.
(c) Overcast and about to rain.
(d) Driving rain and wind.
14. What happens to the farmland around Quatre Bras?
(a) A battle is still waging there.
(b) It is suddenly full of French cavalry.
(c) It is deserted.
(d) The land is totally decimated.
15. What does Sharpe do to Rossendale's sword?
(a) Throws it into the heavy brush.
(b) Breaks it in the fork of a tree.
(c) Stabs Rossendale's foot.
(d) Stabs it upright into the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rossendale resolve to do the next day?
2. What does Rebecque want of Sharpe?
3. What are the British gunners firing from the ridge?
4. What happens sometime during the night?
5. Who does Sharpe join?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)