|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Prince of Orange do to cover his embarrassment from the previous day?
(a) Asks Sharpe about the encounter with Lord Rossendale.
(b) Blusters his way through planning his army's assignment.
(c) Says the knock on his head addled his brains.
(d) Makes an exaggerated analysis of the allied lines.
2. What suddenly appears?
(a) The French army of infantry, cavalry, and cannons appear.
(b) A French brigade of long rifle sharpshooters.
(c) A brigade of French heavy horse.
(d) Dozens of cannons up on a ridge.
3. What does the Duke see to their south?
(a) Only a few horsemen on an empty ridge.
(b) The Prussian army.
(d) The Prince of Orange's men.
4. What impedes the French cavalry from overtaking the British?
(a) The muddy ground.
(b) Harrassment by English sharpshooters.
(c) Harrassment by the 110th Prussian cavalry.
(d) Harrassment by the Belgium artillery.
5. Where does Sharpe meet Harper?
(a) At the Duke's tent.
(b) At the local inn.
(c) In the stables.
(d) In the officer's mess.
6. Who protects the British horse artillery?
(a) The Dragoons and Life Guards of the British Cavalry.
(b) No units are available to protect them.
(c) The British heavy cavalry.
(d) The Prussian infantry artillery.
7. Upon what does Rebecque give up?
(a) Getting the Prince of Orange to lead from a safe place.
(b) Getting Sharpe to be more tactful.
(c) Getting the Prince of Orange to stay in the rear lines.
(d) Getting Sharpe to wear a Dutch uniform.
8. Which men are posted to reinforce the garrison defending Hougoumont?
(a) The 3rd Horse Artillery Battalion.
(b) The 2nd Guards Brigade.
(c) The 2nd Infantry Artillery Brigade.
(d) The 2nd Heavy Cavalry.
9. Who falls with the heavy cavalry?
(c) Lord Rossendale.
(d) The Prince of Orange.
10. What happens to the farmland around Quatre Bras?
(a) It is deserted.
(b) The land is totally decimated.
(c) It is suddenly full of French cavalry.
(d) A battle is still waging there.
11. What happens sometime during the night?
(a) It starts sleeting.
(b) It stops raining.
(c) It begins raining again.
(d) It starts snowing.
12. What does Lieutenant Simon Bloggett want of Sharpe?
(a) For Sharpe to see the Baron Rebecque.
(b) For Sharpe to ask for command of Bloggett's unit.
(c) For Sharpe to show him how to plan an offensive.
(d) Advice about women.
13. What is the result of the Prince of Orange's failure to order the Hanoverian line into squares?
(a) They are almost all slaughtered.
(b) They make a line.
(c) They retreat in disorderly fashion.
(d) They begin an orderly retreat.
14. Who does Sharpe join?
(a) The Duke of Wellington.
(b) Lieutenant Simon Bloggett.
(c) Peter d'Alembord at the bivouac of the Rifle Regiment.
(d) The Prince of Orange.
15. Who does Sharpe think about in Brussels?
(c) The Duke of Blucher.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Rebecque lecture Sharpe?
2. What does Rossendale resolve to do the next day?
3. What is the Duke of Wellington's army doing?
4. How are the British heavy cavalry defeated?
5. What is happening at the opening of chapter 13?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)